The Process 2022

Started by Mat0369, January 31, 2022, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 10, 2022, 04:04:45 PM
One last option

Merrett, D Cameron and Marchbank
Leaves $900

The problem with Cameron is the imminent return of Grundy, I think he could be a liability, particularly around finals time.

Marchbank I think is a waste, never really been a great scorer and is coming back from a big lay-off. Save your dough.

Mat0369

Wehr in so I've gone for Walsh and Greene plus the cash.

Cash should be best best for any sideways moves. I haven't got a lot of cash gen left

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 10, 2022, 05:55:13 PM
Wehr in so I've gone for Walsh and Greene plus the cash.

Cash should be best best for any sideways moves. I haven't got a lot of cash gen left

Good luck, at least with Greene he won't go down much, if at all, not a terrible temporary solution and you get the extra match.

Mat0369

Unfortunately all the guys I want have the bye this week. Might be a stop gap until Taranto is fit

Mat0369

What a disaster this round has been so far. I have had 3 players subbed off in Parish (my VC), Owens and Zorko. Brought in Walsh who scored a 75 instead of the cheaper Merrett.

Thankfully I have a boost and 8 trades left.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 11, 2022, 10:57:29 PM
What a disaster this round has been so far. I have had 3 players subbed off in Parish (my VC), Owens and Zorko. Brought in Walsh who scored a 75 instead of the cheaper Merrett.

Thankfully I have a boost and 8 trades left.

At least you can trade Zorko to a playing premo, although you'll need to find some extra cash, in some ways that forced trade works to your advantage.

As for Owens, I'm also stumped, maybe down to a non playing m/d, will have a think but he won't be back anytime soon. Ay least he made 24k.

None of the big trade ins worked out except for Sinclair, Darcy also bombed, I don't think you are behind the eightball, maybe Zorko hurts a little but get him out and grab a 110 guy.

Mat0369

I think this is where the Greene cash is going to come in handy vs De Goey. It's looking like a necessity. Unfortunately my mid bench will be Hough, Owens and Mountford. Forward bench is Rosas and Hamilton. Ruck is Teakle. Backs Wehr and Cleary. My coverage is f'ed

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 12, 2022, 01:26:44 AM
I think this is where the Greene cash is going to come in handy vs De Goey. It's looking like a necessity. Unfortunately my mid bench will be Hough, Owens and Mountford. Forward bench is Rosas and Hamilton. Ruck is Teakle. Backs Wehr and Cleary. My coverage is f'ed

Wehr & Cleary is running the gauntlet, if you can hold out until Dean gets a run you might get lucky. I'm not game to open D7 to that extent.

I'm just mulling over my moves next week, I might not even trade, just depends on numbers which is now down to 18 after the Owens incident.

Mat0369

Score: 1944
Round Rank: 7,104
Cash: $99,800

Good: Sinclair, Crisp, Doc, Rich, Wehr, Oliver (C), Neale, Brayshaw, Cripps, Cogs
Pass: Hewett,  Butters, Greene
Bad: Walsh, Gawn
Ugly: Parish, Zorko and Owens all subbed

Not a bad result all things considered. Walsh stunk it up, Parish, Zorko and Owens were all subbed. Greene was meh and Gawn may also be injured? Even when things went horribly wrong I still was able to climb up the rankings

Trades this week I am a little unsure of how to move forward. I have 8 up my sleeve and 100k to make this work.  I'll start playing with some options

Mat0369

Considering the following

Parish/Owens/Zorko to Laird/Clarke/Cumming.

I can also afford Short (highest priced defender I can afford). I don't know if Parish plays this week and I need to field 18. Zorko the other that could be missing long term with the hamstring. It also depends on the Gawn situation. It leaves me with the following bench coverage

Wehr/Cleary at D7/D8
Clarke/Hough/Mountford at M9/M10/M11
Teakle at R3
Rosas/Hamilton at F7/F8

Clarke opens up a DPP swing in the middle, Mountford in defence. I can then use Wehr/Rosas to cover any missing players on those lines. It is pretty gross but might be necessary for now. Ideally I can turn Rosas into someone decent in a couple of weeks. The downside is I have 0 cash gen with none on the horizon.

Bully

I'm not overly fussed about cash gen now, I think building some structural flexibility a good move.

Mat0369

So I'm leaning towards this

Parish > Laird
Gawn> English
Zorko>Cumming/Short/Blicavs/Lloyd (probably in that order)
Owens>Clarke

I'm worried about the corkie Parish had. I'm having flashes to Danger this year missing multiple weeks

4 trades and 11k left

Bully

With Parish officially out I think you are making the correct call.

Ringo

Nice trades and agree now that Parish is out.

Mat0369

Toby Mother F'ing Greene

Pity I brought in Cumming this week  :'(