The Process 2022

Started by Mat0369, January 31, 2022, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Could grab Owens a week early & look at ways to get Dixon up to English

Ringo

Difficult one for you given JS of rookies you have and still cash to make. Bit left Field if you want to go early McCartin to Owens and Dixon to Darcy Cameron.  Alternately could sit especially if you still have a boost left.

Best of luck through the byes

As you know have same issue with Rich Zorko and how wrong can you be with assumptions as deBoer went to Rich and Ash had a fair stint on Zorko. First time this year Rich has been accounted for.

Bully

I think when calculating cash you need to account for the fact English is sitting on a BE of 55, he's also going up in price.

Grabbing Owens early isn't such a bad move either, he's not getting dropped, don't think you need to wait for the team sheets.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on May 31, 2022, 08:27:17 PM
Difficult one for you given JS of rookies you have and still cash to make. Bit left Field if you want to go early McCartin to Owens and Dixon to Darcy Cameron.  Alternately could sit especially if you still have a boost left.

Best of luck through the byes

As you know have same issue with Rich Zorko and how wrong can you be with assumptions as deBoer went to Rich and Ash had a fair stint on Zorko. First time this year Rich has been accounted for.

I have two boosts left. Plan was to use one next week and one in case of emergency down the track.

I think I would rather hold McCartin this week from a cash gen perspective. It is an option using Durdin, Dixon and Hayes to bring in Gawn and a DPP donut this week. That is kinda tempting me and leaves me with about 75k

Quote from: Bully on May 31, 2022, 08:37:40 PM
I think when calculating cash you need to account for the fact English is sitting on a BE of 55, he's also going up in price.

Grabbing Owens early isn't such a bad move either, he's not getting dropped, don't think you need to wait for the team sheets.

That two in round 1 makes me feel a little dirty. English in would be amazing, however I am already kinda screwed next week. I think the last bye makes sense to try and get him in. I think if I make the three trades this week it would have to be between him and Gawn

Ringo

With 2 boosts I would sit this week with 20 available and use 3/4 next week.

Mat0369

Thanks Ringo

With no trades I'll have 18. I can make 3 trades this week to bring in Gawn and an extra player. Leaves me 12 trades, 2 upgrades, 2 boosts and 100k in the bank

Mat0369

I was hoping to be able to afford Walsh next week but I might have to get a little more creative. I can probably grab Merrett and a Dusty/Taranto who are both out of form.

If I pick Walsh I'd probably be looking at Toby Greene or Ladhams for ruck coverage

Mat0369

I'm really glad I brought Gawn in

Bully

Mat0369

Yup. At 550k I felt that would be his bottomed out price. Glad I made that call

Touk VC was a bonus as well. It's resulted in a pretty good week so far. Just need my Lions trio and Brayshaw to have great games

Mat0369

Score: 2032
Round Rank: 2,547
Cash: $91,800

Good: Rich, Zorko, SDK, Oliver, Miller (C), Brayshaw, Witts, Gawn, Bont, McCartin, Rosas
Pass: Crisp, Macrae, Parker
Bad: Neale, Dunkley, Zorko's 2nd quarter
Ugly: McComb Hough, Clark

Trading in Gawn was a masterstroke. VC on Miller also paid off. Zorko scored ridiculously well when he was on the field but missed basically the whole 2nd quarter after being stuck on the bench for 8 minutes and then coming on and injuring his hand

Trades for this week

SDK, Clark, McComb and McCartin out

Walsh, Wehr, Mountford and De Goey in

That leaves me with 8 trades, 41k, one boost and a 'completed' side. Other forwards I can afford with Walsh include the following

Gresham
Taranto - injured and will still drop a lot in price
Rozee
Hill
Anderson
Stringer - see Taranto
Rioli
Toby Green - only 380k.

Most of the forwards I like are all on bye this week and out of reach price wise. I can swing some players around to be able to afford Dusty but he has been underwhelming.

The three mids I would consider right now are Walsh, Kelly and Merrett. Kelly is the same as Walsh in regards to the list of forwards. Merrett opens up any forward under 590k and the only two without the bye this round are Cameron and Brodie

I'm honestly leaning towards the Walsh De Goey/Taranto/Greene combo

Mat0369

Wehr on an extended bench is a worry. These are the combos I've come down to

Walsh/Greene/Marchbank
Merrett/Marchbank/De Goey
Walsh/Wehr/De Goey
Walsh/Wehr/Greene

Marchbank has great JS and may be okay at D7 if he stays healthy. That's the big if. I don't know if De Goey is worth the extra cash over Greene

I really want Walsh, but the extra 100k could be really handy next week if I want to make some sideways trades

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 10, 2022, 02:30:45 PM
Wehr on an extended bench is a worry. These are the combos I've come down to

Walsh/Greene/Marchbank
Merrett/Marchbank/De Goey
Walsh/Wehr/De Goey
Walsh/Wehr/Greene

Marchbank has great JS and may be okay at D7 if he stays healthy. That's the big if. I don't know if De Goey is worth the extra cash over Greene

I really want Walsh, but the extra 100k could be really handy next week if I want to make some sideways trades

I like Walsh & De Goey although you could look at Greene as a mini cash earner who is undervalued by 50k or thereabouts.

Mat0369

2 more positives for Greene

He has had his bye
He has North this week

So I get him next week which could also be crucial

Mat0369

One last option

Merrett, D Cameron and Marchbank
Leaves $900