The Process 2022

Started by Mat0369, January 31, 2022, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

So here it is
Score: 2179
Round Rank: 34,722
Cash: $17,200

Good: Crisp, Hewett, Rich, Ryan, Daicos, Gibcus, De Koning, Parish, Cripps, Cogs, Grundy, Witts, Dunkley, Martin
Pass: Neale, Brayshaw, Xerri, Horne-Francis
Bad: Macrae, Miller
Ugly: O'Driscoll, Rachele, Ward, Butters, McCartin, Hayes, Durdin

Captain choices and rookies the killers yet again. A couple of missed starting picks are coming back to bite me. Butters is the one that worries me, he was close to not playing with gastro so he may be another to hold, however I have bigger fish to fry with F5 and F6 a mess.

Quote from: Bully on April 25, 2022, 06:55:59 PM
Cheer up Matt, I had an absolute mare myself but I'm sticking to my process and hopefully things will fall into place.

This year is different to others, generating cash hugely problematic due to a lack of rookies. I've been trading in the centre square, focusing on BEs.
My rank horrible after this week but there's still a lot of people without future cash gen so I think you will be good, you still have most of the cows.
Hayes this week seems the only viable option, Hobbs didn't impress me and he's expensive. Don't worry about Rosas as he will most likely come into most teams.

I have seen some of the other teams and they do have a horrid rookie situation. I feel I have a lot of guys that can start making some coin (Gibcus scoring well helps). I also have a couple that have topped out like Rachele and now McCartin.

The idea is to try and use my boost this week and fix as many of these issues as possible. All pre-season I wanted to avoid Ward and Rachele and got sucked in while passing up on Brodie. Touk over Steele/Oliver is another that over the last handful of weeks is also hurting.

My original trade plans have gone out the window since I don't have the cash for Oliver anyway. Key number 1 is getting Cogs back into the forward line.

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2022, 07:09:21 PM
Yep Matt you are not alone.

I stuck with my original plan and traded Rosas in. As Bully says most people may or may not have cash making rookies. Trading over the next few weeks will assist to get a lot of teams back on track. My rank is very low atm as well.  So basically go with gut over the next few weeks.

I tried to reverse it as well but couldn't because De Koning was locked and I couldn't swing. Kreuger injuring himself in the game makes me feel a little bit better about that decision. Being a calf I would expect him to miss a couple weeks. Same goes for Dixon.

Quote from: whynot102 on April 25, 2022, 08:06:04 PM
Hang in there Matt I have had a good start hopefully can hold on now ranked 44 overall

That's a pretty great result. Keep pushing and be smart with your trades. Someone like a Libba or a Parker could be a prime candidate for the forward line. I'd also consider holding out for the next DPP update, Bont could gain forward status and be a difference maker.

Quote from: Bully on April 25, 2022, 08:30:27 PM
Finn Callaghan is another I would consider, 198k but he's a guy I would be happy to field.

Yup, got my eye on him when I started mucking about with my trades. I moved Cogs forward and Callaghan to M8. Hobbs is the only other mid rookie on the bubble I believe.

arbel

Could have bigger fish to fry again with news that grundy may have done PCL (pending scans) and could be out for a while

Mat0369

Quote from: arbel on April 26, 2022, 02:09:43 PM
Could have bigger fish to fry again with news that grundy may have done PCL (pending scans) and could be out for a while

I can hold Grundy a week and run Hayes at R2. F6 is still a bigger problem than R2.

I have made these trades which aren't an immediate fix, but it may solve my problem the week after.

Rachele, McCartin and Hayes to Hayes, Callaghan and Parker.

I also have Parish in doubt for this week with his ankle although scans cleared him of structural damage.

My team will look like this with my question marks in red

Crisp, Hewett, Rich, Ryan, Daicos, O'Driscoll (Gibcus, SDK)
Macrae, Neale, Brayshaw, Parish, Miller, Cripps, Parker, Horne-Francis (Ward, Callaghan, Hough)
Witts, Hayes (Grundy)
Dunkley, Butters, Cogs, Xerri, Martin, Rosas (Durdin, Dixon)

Grundy I will use as a loop option this week and then hopefully turn him into Gawn next week. Dixon and Rosas are both listed as tests, hopefully one can get up otherwise I could be screwed with Durdin on field. Callaghan should cover Parrish if he misses with injury.

Bully

Parker vs Libba? I think both will average 100+ but I suppose Parker adds a bit of balance. Very easy to do an all Dogs forward line this year.

Dunkley, English, Libba, Treloar, Bont???

Mat0369

Agreed on all those Dogs. Libba I think is around 550k and Parker is 470k. I only have around 500 to play with and Parker will have a low BE with the 39 out of the rotation.

Boak is the other one to keep an eye on. Rozee into the middle is seeing him start at HF and push into the contest.

Mat0369

Xerri out adds another kink in my side. So far my team as it stands looks like this

Crisp, Hewett, Rich, Ryan, Daicos, O'Driscoll (Gibcus, SDK)
Macrae, Neale, Brayshaw, Parish, Miller, Cripps, Cogs, Horne-Francis (Ward, Rachele, Hough)
Witts, Grundy (Hayes)
Dunkley, Butters, Xerri, Martin, McCartin, Rosas (Durdin, Dixon)

Red are my players out
Brown are guys in doubt

My forward line is an absolute mess. R2 is the other main problem. I should have coverage on other lines.

My original trades were Rachele, McCartin and Hayes to Hayes, Callaghan and Parker. It leaves me with $37,800.  It also leaves me open to a donut if Rosas doesn't play

With Xerri out I swung McCartin back, will likely have to field SDK or Durdin in the foward line and can afford Libba instead of Parker or go any mid or DPP option under Tom Mitchell in price.  Picking Libba it leaves me with $54,800 in the bank.

Last option is trade out Hayes, Grundy and Rachele for Hayes, Callaghan and just about any mid I want. That would likely be Oliver or Steele. It leaves me with this and 170k in the bank

I think I am leaning towards option 3. It puts me in a bit of strife next week potentially with my R2, but I think it gives me the best coverage and I can loop rookies on every line. I am thinking Oliver over Steele just to save the cash.

Bully

That's a nice looking midfield, I think I'm a bit behind in the middle.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 28, 2022, 07:34:45 PM
That's a nice looking midfield, I think I'm a bit behind in the middle.

3 perms in a fortnight into the middle. Steele will be my last upgrade. It was at the expense of one defender (two upgrades left) and my R1. Running Hayes at R2 is a risk I have to take.

Key is fixing my forward line, in particular my F6 spot where I'm bleeding points. No Brodie has really hurt.

Mat0369

Score: 2249
Round Rank: 78,645
Cash: $170,000

Good: Crisp, Daicos, Gibcus, Neale, Olvier, Parish, Miller, Cripps, Witts, Dunkley, Cogs, Martin, SDK
Pass: Rich, Callaghan
Bad: O'Driscoll, Brayshaw, Horne-Francis, Butters (was looking to go huge and stalled), Durdin
Ugly: Macrae Captain, Ryan, Hayes R2, Dixon, Rosas

Another week, another bad captain score and poor rookies to kill my round.

I should have stuck with my initial trades to bring in Parker instead of Oliver. It means I roll with either Cripps VC or Macrae VC dodging the captaincy bullet. Plus Parker has gone up just enough so I can't afford him with 1 trade.

Brayshaw has been a flop since I brought him in. JHF may need to go this week. Ryan and Rich are still putting up mediocre scores and I'm just about done with Ryan. My R2 could be a black hole with Hayes if he scores sub 60 while other run a Gawn/Preuss combo. I need to work out my priorities for this week.

Ringo

Not alone this week with the C choice, Unfortunately so many rookies near peak and need to get them of field as soon as possible. I would use a boost this week with 2 down and one up. Or if you want to save boost one down and JHF to Parker.

Mat0369

I can do Ward to McComb and Xerri to Parker with 2 trades and have a chunk of change.

Next week JHF to Clark is a lock. That will allow me to upgrade McCartin.

If I use my boost this week there are no good upgrades available. Best move is to sideways Ryan out of my team or maybe turn McCartin into Preuss

Mat0369

Score: 2379
Round Rank: 1804
Cash: $131,800

Good: Crisp, Rich, Daicos, SDK, Macrae (C), Neale, Miller, Parish, Bayshaw, McComb, Witts, Hayes, Martin, Oliver, McCartin, Cripps
Pass: O'Driscoll, Gibcus, JHF, Parker, Durdin
Bad: Ryan (gotta go), Dunkley, Cogs
Ugly: Parker's second half, Callaghan, Rosas, Butters (also has to go)

The two main issues right now are Ryan and Butters. They have been anchors and I need to get rid of them sooner rather than later. I'd almost be inclined to trade them both out over the next fortnight in preps for the byes if I can't afford an upgrade with my topped out rookies. Parker was looking like an amazing trade until he scored a whopping 10 points in the 2nd half and spent a large chunk of the last quarter on the bench. I am guessing there is more to it than straight out performance. Maybe illness or a knock around half time.

Otherwise it was a pretty good week considering. My midfield carried my team with my 3 most recent trades (Oliver, Parish and Brayshaw) all scoring over 130

So what trades am I thinking of this week? I think it is time to dump Ryan. He has produced trash more often than not and has to go.

Downgrade options are Carroll, Hamilton, Rioli, Evans, Callow, Begg, Jamieson and Reid. Rioli looks like he will make the quickest cash but small forwards are a pit. Hamilton at bargain basement and with DPP is probably my pick. I just need to figure out which player to downgrade.

Bully

Rioli also has mid/forward status, I think for the extra 20k I'll go with the guy with the extra preseason.
I actually forgot about him given he played last year, thought he would have been about Naish's price, 123k is a bargain.

Ringo

Rosas is the issue - do we give him another week or do we downgrade to say Hamilton and only make 90k and cut losses,
A lot of rookies are also close to their average and like most of us need to work out which ones to cull.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on May 09, 2022, 08:59:32 AM
Rosas is the issue - do we give him another week or do we downgrade to say Hamilton and only make 90k and cut losses,
A lot of rookies are also close to their average and like most of us need to work out which ones to cull.

Rosas is 21 and seems to have ok job security, I would be holding as I think he still has another 80k to make.