The Process 2022

Started by Mat0369, January 31, 2022, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosey

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 08, 2022, 10:43:50 AM
With Stephens out I'm contemplating Stephens to Rioli. Thoughts?
Rioli projected to go up 100K over the next two weeks, not a bad trade option from that perspective.

Mat0369

Yeah he seems like a nice cash grab and with Stephens every chance of being sub I'd be tempted for the cash gen and to not have to field Rachele

Mat0369

Stephens avoided being the sub which I guess is a bonus. I still don't know how he gets back into that team unless they have an injury to Florent/Heeney/McInerney who appear to be the three main guys rotating along the wings. I'd probably be inclined to just cut my losses and keep the  cash gen going. 4 trades over 4 rounds isn't horrendous, but it also isn't ideal. Preuss for Rachele seems like the move for next week but I lose my DPP link with this trade which makes it tough. Hayes may be the other option if he doesn't make it back in. I'd likely have to do a Rachele to McInnes to afford it.

Mat0369

Score: 2185
Round Rank: 44,529
Cash: $13,500

Good: Hewett, Rich, Crisp, Daicos, Horne-Francis, Neale, Macrae (C), Grundy, Witts, Martin, Rioli, Rachle, Dixon
Pass:  Dunkley, Miller, SDK
Bad: Ryan, Ridley, McCartin, Cogs, Rowell
Ugly: Hinge, Cripps, Xerri, Butters, Gibcus, Hough, Ward

Injuries seem to be hurting with Hinge and Cripps both being subbed off. I am thinking just the one trade this week in Hinge to O'Driscoll. I missed the original price rise but it banks some quick cash. I am holding Cripps since he is expected to only miss one week. I have had some cash gen stall with the rookies and some have kicked off again.

Rich and Grundy have already been disappointing this week. I need Ryan and Ridley to bounce back or both will be on the chopping block with Zorko and Lloyd the likely targets.

Mat0369

I am also thinking Hayes to Hayes when he is on the bubble. A nice little downgrade to a guy that looks to have great JS with Lycett out for 3 months.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 15, 2022, 05:53:31 PM
I am also thinking Hayes to Hayes when he is on the bubble. A nice little downgrade to a guy that looks to have great JS with Lycett out for 3 months.

Hayes to Hayes exactly my thinking, good call.

Mat0369

Ringo

Not Robinson Crusoe there Matt.  Injuries and prems up and down really making for a trying time.

Mat0369

Score: 2045
Round Rank: 93,133
Cash: $112,500

Good: Crisp, Hewett, Macrae (C), Neale, Cogs, Daicos, Ward, Butters, Xerri, Martin, McCartin, O'Driscoll, Hayes, WardW
Pass:  Ryan, Rich, Miller, Witts, Dunkley
Bad: Ridley (consistently underperforming), Rowell, Hayes and O'Driscoll's scores on the bench, Rachele
Ugly: Grundy, Horne-Francis, Rioli, SDK, Durdin, Ryan's third quarter

I have some problems with my team, some are pretty straight forward. I have underperforming or inconsistent premiums on just about every line.

My rookie situation is a bit of a crap show, especially when I am fielding the wrong ones.

I think I need to make some drastic changes. The players on the chopping block are below

Ridley - Scores of 68, 102, 115, 74 and  82. Two of those scores look good, however 3 of his 5 scores are pretty much 80 and under. With guys like Zorko, Pedndles, Stewart, Doc, Sinclair, Sicily, Houston and a handful of other scoring well above where he is at it feels like I might need to cut my losses while he still has currency

Ryan - The first half looked promising, he had close to 60 points in the first half before sitting on around 68 at 3QT. He has scores of 70, 156, 74, 77 and 91. It feels like there may be too many mouths to feed in that Freo backline, his intercepting has declined and even when he was taking the kickouts he wasn't playing on. I feel a little better about him than Ridley, but it is a worry and he may need to go for the same reasons if he is putting up a bunch of 70's each week with the odd big score.

Rowell - A massive 157 in round 1 had me thinking he would be living up to the potential we saw in his rookie year. Now I look at the opposition in WC and how his performances have followed. He has been a huge let down since that monster score with only 1 other ton and bunch of crap scores. He is out this week, the question is who can I turn him into?

JHF - It will come down to his BE, but he is another I might look at giving the chop just because he could begin to bleed cash. I'm leaning towards hold because he is a rookie and they put up these clunkers. He looks to have a good role and could make me some more cash.

Rachele - Small forwards don't score well consistently. His goal sense is ridiculous and it is why he has probably scored better than most. It will come down to his BE

Rioli - Last week was a disaster. He has earnt me some cash, but he may already be topped out. With the Eagles gun mids back in he is seeing less midfield time and he needs to hit the scoreboard to supplement his scores.

I am going to play around with my trade options and come back. But it is really, really frustrating to have back to back clunkers. Barely cracking 2k is pretty embarrassing in itself and I need to trade hard to correct my issues. 5 weeks is probably a good enough sample size to make the call on a couple of players

Mat0369

So I am thinking of the following trades

Ridley>Sinclair
Rioli>Kreuger
Rowell>Parish

Leaves me with 2k in the bank.

The other mid I am considering is Brayshaw which leaves me with Witherden, Zorko, Sicily or Houston.

If I grab Steele the best defender I can afford is Houston, Saad, Daniel or Brayshaw. I don't think it's worth making that trade right now.

Other option is to jump on Tom Mitchell coming of a monster score and possibly bottomed out but it would leave me the same options as Parish.

I fell like Zorko and Parker will be good options but they are a couple weeks away from being real cheap and the fact the Zorko is limping every week worries me.

Mat0369

Before I post my team, I am just going to post my trades for the week.

I realised at one point that if I grabbed Rosas it would have allowed me to pick up Steele and Sinclair. I had those trades pencilled in up until Friday morning when I got cold feet. I was worried that with Jones returning next week it could see Sinclair spend less time in the middle and I was thinking that GWS would send Ash to Steele in a tagging role. That would see Steele drop in price and be an option down the track.

I decided that I could move Daicos into the backline and start Daicos and O'Driscoll at D5 and D6. This would allow me to pick up two premium mids. I was tossing up the following options

600k+ - Brayshaw, Laird and Olvier

Under 600k - Trac, Parish, Mills and Mitchell

I thought Oliver would be an option for next week so I held off and grabbed Brayshaw instead. Because I planned to grab Oliver over the next week I figured Trac would eliminate himself from contention from a bye perspective. Same goes for Mitchell. That left me with Mills and Parish. I was sucked in by Parish and his performance in the ANZAC Day game last year.

While Rosas ended up being a late out (and has cooked my forward line in the process), Kreuger injured himself early so that looks like the right trade. Having said that, my two original options on the Friday, or the Oliver/Mills combo were the best bet. My team is an absolute mess and it looks like it may be due to some poor trading

Bully

Cheer up Matt, I had an absolute mare myself but I'm sticking to my process and hopefully things will fall into place.

This year is different to others, generating cash hugely problematic due to a lack of rookies. I've been trading in the centre square, focusing on BEs.
My rank horrible after this week but there's still a lot of people without future cash gen so I think you will be good, you still have most of the cows.
Hayes this week seems the only viable option, Hobbs didn't impress me and he's expensive. Don't worry about Rosas as he will most likely come into most teams.

Ringo

Yep Matt you are not alone.

I stuck with my original plan and traded Rosas in. As Bully says most people may or may not have cash making rookies. Trading over the next few weeks will assist to get a lot of teams back on track. My rank is very low atm as well.  So basically go with gut over the next few weeks.

whynot102

Hang in there Matt I have had a good start hopefully can hold on now ranked 44 overall

Bully

Finn Callaghan is another I would consider, 198k but he's a guy I would be happy to field.