Bully's Boys 2023

Started by Bully, February 14, 2023, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2023, 02:56:55 AM
As someone that watched a lot of Setters, I thought 2021 would be his breakout. He played pretty well on the wing in 2020 for Carlton and looked like he could take the next step.

He was nowhere near it the next two seasons and struggled both on the wing and inside where he was originally drafted to play. What consistently let him down was his use by foot and his defensive work, particularly his tackling. Watching the Bombers game on the weekend, he didn't do anything exceptional, but he covered the ground better than he has in years, tackled well and made the right decisions with the ball in general play rather than turning it over. He also kicked a timely goal which help give him that boost.

I think as a cash cow he will be a good option, but I don't bank on him keeping this scoring up. I expect him to crash back down with a mediocre score this week against the Saints. Ziebell has at least proven himself in that half back role in the past and I don't see Clarko throwing him forward like Noble did. So there is potential for a keeper in Ziebell who should also make some pretty good coin

Setters operating at 67% DE over career, not too bad, clangers not terrible, I think the problem lies in the fact he's a 15 touch guy, has been most of his career.

So far he's lifted his output to 25 touches, this is the key, no movement on the turnover front either. He might come down a smidgeon, I think he averages 90-100.

Agree that Ziebell is the go, defence will start to look ok by round 6.

Bully

My Daicos call last week has just been echoed by Damien Hardwick, he also thinks he's a Judd clone, I think Daicos is also well prepared for extra attention, worth a stab at 500k.

Bully

Another par week, season slipping away rather rapidly, more trades being made on the ruck division, oh well, Grundy will have to do & I will grab Hopper to beef up the midfield.

On paper this team looks competitive but it's not, the reason seems to be all the expensive mids bar Oliver have been starting slowly, that surely has to correct itself sometime soon.

My highly controversial move is selling McKenzie early but Hopper has 38% ownership versus 60% for McKenzie, this could be one small battle that might earn some points.

Callaghan down to Phillips a decent cash advance for anyone struggling for downgrade options.

I missed Chandler, that sucks, just have to hope my forward bench starts earning their keep.

Mat0369

I'm also leaning towards Grundy just to be able to afford Callaghan to LDU. The only issue with Grundy is we may have to dump him as soon as Gawn returns, but it gives some time to scope if English isn't made of glass. I think I would pass on Hopper in your position, ride Mackenzie and go from there.

I like the Phillips trade, only reason I am not considering it is if LDU is back with Simpkin, Phillips probably makes way

Bully

Hopper should average 95, McKenzie probably 70, I'm taking the plunge, both players with low BEs so it's not all about the dosh, Hopper probably my last upgrade.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 06, 2023, 12:38:19 PM
Hopper should average 95, McKenzie probably 70, I'm taking the plunge, both players with low BEs so it's not all about the dosh, Hopper probably my last upgrade.

It is more that Hopper had a persistent knee injury at the Giants in his last season and a half there and I would be cautious considering it was a knee knock

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 06, 2023, 02:17:48 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 06, 2023, 12:38:19 PM

It is more that Hopper had a persistent knee injury at the Giants in his last season and a half there and I would be cautious considering it was a knee knock

True, it isn't without risk, the PCL issues have been downplayed in my opinion, in saying that the knock isn't related to the original injury according to Hardwick, I'll give Hopper the benefit of the doubt but I certainly see your reasoning.

Bully

I'm tempted to trade Doch but there's no obvious cash advance to get him up to Dawson, that would be my preference. Any suggestions? The other idea a sideways trade to Lloyd.

Bully

Or Stewart! I need 60k to get that done.

Bully

With Docherty officially toast I can only see one reasonable avenue, Greene down to Van Rooyen & Doch to Stewart. That will cost 2 trades.

Or simply Doch to Lloyd, saving one trade & holding Greene who is just starting to make money.

Will JVR get DPP? That would give me amazing flexibility with the floating donut.

arbel

Quote from: Bully on April 11, 2023, 03:31:14 PM
With Docherty officially toast I can only see one reasonable avenue, Greene down to Van Rooyen & Doch to Stewart. That will cost 2 trades.

Or simply Doch to Lloyd, saving one trade & holding Greene who is just starting to make money.

Will JVR get DPP? That would give me amazing flexibility with the floating donut.

I'm in the same boat with Docherty. Added to that rumors of West Coast resting Ginbey this week.

Bully

Pretty good week, finished 21st and have moved up to the 10,000 region, could have been better with Neale as captain but nevermind, these things happen.

The state of the squad is decent, I think defence is pretty set for the short term and the good rookies now in the midfield.

Ratugolea has struck form which is a huge bonus, at the moment he looks like good coverage.

The only quandry was Laird or Dawson, I've picked Dawson as I fear he'll spiral out of reach and I reckon Laird might drop a smidgeon too.

Grundy will also need to be traded but I'll wait for parity with English, the next price rise should be decent enough.

Mat0369

Jeez that is a great week.

Phillips has been an excellent rookie so far and has DPP now which adds more flexibility.

So you're using a boost to turn Ginbey, McKenna and Davey into Roberts, Johnson and Dawson?

I'm curious to see how the Dees line up with Gawn back. I am crossing my fingers that they look to ease him in and play him forward while Grundy does a lot of the work around the ground.

Bully

I punted Ashcroft instead, no problem with that, I think his average from here around 70.

Next week I may use another boost for Laird provided there's some downgrade options, that will be the big 5 in the mids.

Mat0369

Laird and Miller both feel ready to explode and may have hit their bottom end price for the next month. You already have Touk, Laird is probably the next option.

For a couple of cheaper options I like Parish and Trac as guys that have been super consistent without hitting the big scores yet. Kelly was in that bracket as well but will likely bleed a bit of cash with the 80 back in his rotation. Brayshaw and Mills are the two I have my eye on as buy low candidates for M8 spots.