Main Menu

Bargain Ruck 2012

Started by nick1408, December 17, 2011, 09:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

ive locked in hmac god help me but i have

Kuruki

I have a feeling H Mac will slide into the Rooboys quite well. Petrie will stay in the forward pocket and Hmac and Goldy could rotate between ruck and chf. It would take alot of pressure off the dish if not, could see H Mac taking some good marks.  I think the Rooboys midfield is ready to make the step up to elite. Swallow, Wellz and Zieball are all on the up i reckon.

Zac Clarke for me is another who could push his average up to keeper. Freo will not want Sandi to do all the rucking and will rotate him and Zac thru the forward pocket. With Pav probably going to play chf all year attracting the key defender. Clarke just might become target number 1 as he will be a tall target in the pocket. Combine that with a bit of ruck work he could be in for a breakout season.

Zac Smith is another. Lets face it he got tired last season which is understandable for a first year ruckman. His avg dropped low because of it. There is no doubting his skill and i reckon the first half of the season he will take his average into the 90's and possibly look at trading him up before he slows down. I reckon he will shoulder more of the ruck work this year aswell.

Does anyone have Nic Nats DT scores thru the finals games?. I would love to know what he scored because he was absolutely sensational. If the Eagles are smart they will rest Cox alot more this year and leave some gas in his tank for finals. Nic Nat could get alot more work and hopefully that will bring consistency to his scoring.

Ziplock

collingwood- 86
carlton- 59
geelong- 91

Nic Nat just doesn't seem to have the ceiling yet... season high score of 104 vs essendon...

Kuruki

Quote from: Ziplock on December 27, 2011, 10:59:39 PM
collingwood- 86
carlton- 59
geelong- 91

Nic Nat just doesn't seem to have the ceiling yet... season high score of 104 vs essendon...

Well that rights him off for me  because he looked a hell of alot better then that on the paddock. It's gotta be hard with Cox stealing points from you. Maybe a few years time when he becomes consistent with his workload.

bowyanger

Quote from: Kuruki on December 27, 2011, 10:50:15 PM

Zac Smith is another. Lets face it he got tired last season which is understandable for a first year ruckman. His avg dropped low because of it. There is no doubting his skill and i reckon the first half of the season he will take his average into the 90's and possibly look at trading him up before he slows down. I reckon he will shoulder more of the ruck work this year aswell.

Ive got West as a starter to increase in scoring and tossing up between Smith & Kruez for the other ruck.

The Blues have a great draw and things are starting to come together for them, Kruez can increase his PPG.

I reckon Smith will be in Brownlow form in 2013, great player.

Not sure who to pick.

Andrew

What about Sam Rowe from Carlton? He's mature-age and listed as a R/F.

nick1408

I've got Rowe on my shortlist but he needs to get ahead of Kreuzer, Warnock and Hampson so may struggle

Andrew

Quote from: nick1408 on January 08, 2012, 01:11:51 PM
I've got Rowe on my shortlist but he needs to get ahead of Kreuzer, Warnock and Hampson so may struggle

Fair point. I want a R/F in my ruck division so I can bail myself out come bye-time. Is Pattison a better chance at Hawthorn do you think?

nick1408

Possibly a better option but Jarryd Roughead will be the best R/F that will play and score points.  Pattison still has Hale and Bailey ahead of him and Hawthorn also got Broc McCauley in the draft.  Having Grimley (is he ready?) and Lowden (ditto) as well my push him down the list depending on where Hawthorn rate them.

In all honesty, I can only see Roughhead and Hale getting regular games as R/F's.  The rest are relying on multiple injuries before they see gametime in my opinion.

Kuruki

Quote from: nick1408 on January 08, 2012, 01:11:51 PM

Could be a chance to play upfront.

nick1408

Yeah, could be but with the emergance of Henderson down back I think Waite will be the forward supported by the resting ruck, Bower, Thornton or whichever tall back they want to play but don't have a position for.

I think he is  chance, but a very small chance.

Andrew

Quote from: nick1408 on January 08, 2012, 07:53:09 PM
In all honesty, I can only see Roughhead and Hale getting regular games as R/F's.  The rest are relying on multiple injuries before they see gametime in my opinion.

Agreed. I hope Roughead can come back with some form because I don't rate Hale at all. The lack of R/Fs is a real downer for Dream Team this season. Many more should've had it: Kreuzer and Naitanui to name a couple. Seems like you have to be a ruckman playing for Hawthorn to be a R/F though..?

nick1408

Yep.  I will be having Roughead as a forward at some stage I feel

nick1408

12 week rehab for Lobbe brings in the Port Adelaide rucks now

picker_man

Yeah I just saw that on news, Ports #1 ruck from last year out for 3 months (and cam o'shea) which leaves it up to the new recruit from hawthorn renouf who only played 7 games last year so i reckon means look out for redden to get a run early as the only other one is curnow who isnt realy talked up much a power land