What did you do wrong in 2010?

Started by DT87, August 29, 2010, 08:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

my ones would be

not getting james kelly and daisy thomas when it appeared they were going to ave well this year
leaving it too late to get swan in my mids
getting carried away with the fricking hype that goes around about bubble boys and not researching further. eg danny hughes ( melb) 2 games, heath (syd ) 2 games , gysberts ( melb ) 3 games and the list goes on
and finally not getting a settled ruck division ( luck did play part in this )
sandi( kept ), hille,seaby then ryder

oh and 1 more

listening to those fricking stupid insipid coaches about stars will play then late withdrawals

you know who you are; voss, thompson, primus

Davoo

put riewoldt as captain in round 3, yea thats right, when he scored 20 and got injured! FMDT

Doogie

Happy with my 1200 odd finish ranking but made a few blunders.

Having Tippet in the ruck from the begining and sticking with him the whole year.
Picking Robbie Gray from the start purely from the hype everyone had on him. Picking up carrots early in the year just before he became a tagger.
And what cost me a grandfinal, trading in mumford the week he got injured.
>:( >:( >:(

bundyboy

roo to brown instead of chappy
wasted trade on seaby.

gee - if i could have those two trades back again!!!!!

chrisuzz

Tippett, Shuey, Gray- though Shuey helped in my GF.... alot
Roo--->J Brown hurt me
Getting stuck with Playfair and D.Stewart on my fwd bench copped a couple 0s
not gettin Rocky, Fyfe, Waters

PowerMan

what did I do wrong in DT this season?

entering a team!

McRooster

Not starting with GAJ or Swan, picking Tippett and Gray + not getting Chappy til rnd 22.

ronl

No more choosing players on spec. ie Tippett, Dangerfield, Murphy etc etc.
Selections (bar rookies) must have proven levels of consistency (80+) in order to be considered.  Most importantly, PAY NO ATTENTION TO HYPE, go with what your gut tells you is right.

Holz

It would be good to get someone who is top 1000 to list their team and list the trades that they made (and when).
[/quote]

i did a little review of my team, that did quite well and what i plan to do next year

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,21588.msg186114.html#msg186114

brodman_18

1. Not getting Swan all season
2. picking over hyped players Ziebell and Dangerfield
3. Not being patient enough with players early
4. Trading too much to make money
5. Not saving enough trades
6. Being too patient with players because I like them

I think I have learned my lesson on some of them. But will probably buy Browny again next year : )

henry2

Good parts were.......
Buying Goddard and Swan and Ablett at there cheapest prices
Having Micheal Barlow starting
Buying Richard Douglas he is a star

Bad Parts......
Relton Roberts.....
Ryan Hargrave i brought him at 350 after round 4 not knowing how he plays and then seeing him going down 40,000 in 3 games i thought he just had a slump but then brought him and then traded him after lots of 40s  when price $270 but as soon as i trade him he scores 100s and goes back up to $340 :( and have a guess who i traded him for Paul Bower 2 hundreds i buy him after he scores 2 hundreds and was only meant to be out for 1 week i thought that was ok but 7 games later i keep faith in him and a 60 then 19 and i almost died :(  Had no trades either

I ended up around 50,000 but i really only got into it at about round 8 and that was after 120,000 ish area i was placed. I got up about 70,000 the last half of the season.......Cant wait till next year i am going to bigger and better next year

My Toyota haha.........

2011 watch this space hehe

Justin Bieber

You'll crack top 50k easily ;). Perhaps top 10k 8). I've seen bigger jumps ;).

benjy251090

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 22, 2010, 04:01:36 PM
You'll crack top 50k easily ;). Perhaps top 10k 8). I've seen bigger jumps ;).
Pole Vaults?

bunyips

1. relton roberts (picking a player just becuase he was selected round 1)
2. trading tippett early to Seaby - then had to trade Seaby (ankle) out again
3. trading out reiwoldt for brown (bad luck for everyone i think)
4. Not picking rockliff, eski (could have finished top 2000 if i had of picked him)

jimmytigs

Who cares about top 10,000 or 1,000,you either aim to be number 1 or you forget that altogether & concentrate on your leagues.This was my 3rd year & the first thing i learnt in my first year was not to worry about final standing unless im a chance to win it(pretty unlikely).The second thing i learnt was keeping trades,i aimed to have 20 trades left by round 13,with a couple teams i almost made it & had 18 left by round 14.Mistakes-1.not picking sandi first up 2.Higgins is a disappointing spud but his mpp status made him too hard to resist.3.Goodes,when hes hot theres few better but when hes not hes terrible.4.Buddy,not picking him in every team from the start,seems this guy can do nothing & still jag a score of 100+ out of his ***,judds suspension made it easy to leave him out but even on a bad day this guy scores well like buddy.

Next year im goint to go with 6 champs on back & forward line & 2 in ruck & hope to still afford 4 mids,then im loading up the rest of midfield with equivelent to scully,martin,bastinac,barlow & howlett & other 10 players to be made up of guys under 200,000 & on the park in rd 1 thanks to the partial lockouts.Im paying less attention to mpp because i found it to not be of great use aside from odd occasion.

Btw i did these calculations with sc in mind so just revert figures to dt.