Main Menu

Planning 2011

Started by hally25547, July 19, 2010, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocca

Trengove is different though, i went to school with this kid, i have trust in him ;D
as a power supporter i think Schulz can be really good if Port improve in 2011 as he is now the no.1 forward. Will have to watch him in the NAB Cup.

elephants

yeah no second year players for sure. maybe rory sloane though i have a soft spot for him :D we have similar hair :D maybe look at some cheaper guys in that forward line

rocca

im thinking that if bennell is made available in the forwardline i may start him because he will be cheap and play every game. Dont think Day will be a starter though they think he will be a Sam Day.

elephants

yeah bennell but he has been playing for peel (bottom team) in the WAFL and he has copped a very heavy tag. he is definitely not coping but he shouldn't get tagged when playing for GC should he? also i assume you mean sam day will be a jack watts? :P

elephants

i have managed to narrow down my team for next year to about 10 players in the backs forwards and mids and three or four in the rucks. going to go with sandi for sure as number 1 and i might take a risk on the GC ruck. anyone have a name?

Hawka

Zac smith is playin as num1 in vfl and tall

elephants

Justin Bieber

Quote from: rocca on August 08, 2010, 07:02:32 PM
This is basically my 2011 sample.. but about 50% of the guys in this team i am unsure about.. what do you think??

DEF: Goddard, Fisher, Carrazzo, Scott Selwood, Bower, Adcock, Davis (Strijk, Brodie Smith)
MID: Ablett, Montagna, Judd, Boak, Trengove, Watson (Bennell, A.Hooper)
RUC: Sandilands, Goldstein (Naitanui, Lycett)
FWD: Jack Riewoldt, Nick Riewoldt, Johnno Brown, Schulz, LeCras, Walker, Goodes (Day, Watts)
Pricey bench there :o. Strijk, NicNat and Watts.

Selwood is one I'm looking at too. Him and Ebert on my radar if they can have a good pre season. Should get runs in the young eagles midfield.

Going to be pushing the budget if not over like ossie said :-\.

elephants

scotty selwood will be good will not get tagged as he is more of a run with player. anyone considering van berlo next year?

rocca

Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2010, 08:08:05 PM
yeah bennell but he has been playing for peel (bottom team) in the WAFL and he has copped a very heavy tag. he is definitely not coping but he shouldn't get tagged when playing for GC should he? also i assume you mean sam day will be a jack watts? :P
yeah thats what i meant sorry LOL  :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2010, 10:48:24 PM
scotty selwood will be good will not get tagged as he is more of a run with player. anyone considering van berlo next year?
Might but don't think he'll fit in. Adelaide midfield clean out should see him increase his out put. But who'll get the tag from the opposition next year?

I'm looking at Mackay if he is priced below 300k.

elephants

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 09, 2010, 11:59:04 AM
Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2010, 10:48:24 PM
Might but don't think he'll fit in. Adelaide midfield clean out should see him increase his out put. But who'll get the tag from the opposition next year?

I'm looking at Mackay if he is priced below 300k.

yeah mackay should be good. van berlo and vince i assume will get the tag.
Quote from: rocca on August 09, 2010, 07:44:12 AM
Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2010, 08:08:05 PM
yeah thats what i meant sorry LOL  :)

easy mistake mate ;)

DT87

Quote from: rocca on August 08, 2010, 07:02:32 PM
This is basically my 2011 sample.. but about 50% of the guys in this team i am unsure about.. what do you think??

DEF: Goddard, Fisher, Carrazzo, Scott Selwood, Bower, Adcock, Davis (Strijk, Brodie Smith)
MID: Ablett, Montagna, Judd, Boak, Trengove, Watson (Bennell, A.Hooper)
RUC: Sandilands, Goldstein (Naitanui, Lycett)
FWD: Jack Riewoldt, Nick Riewoldt, Johnno Brown, Schulz, LeCras, Walker, Goodes (Day, Watts)

A quick calculation using real prices on FFGenie tells me the absolute minimum you can expect to pay for this team is around $8.4 million - more than $400k over last year's salary cap. That is a very conservative guess though, chances are it will be closer to $9 million.

You definitely have too many mid-pricers (12 by my count) and not enough rookies (5). Replace at least 3 of the mid-pricers with rookies (I suggest getting rid of Phil Davis, Nic Naitanui and Jack Watts, who are all young tall players that will need at least one more season of development to become useful in DT), and you'll have a team with much more potential value gain that might just fit under the salary cap.

elephants

take into account the unknown prices of GC players and the extended benches :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: PorkSwords on July 20, 2010, 09:55:01 PM
Quote from: elephants on July 20, 2010, 09:32:52 PM
grow up seriously loser.

I haven't quite got to the 'loser' extent of you. 9 and a half days on this site, WOW!
click on this dicbagz profile and u will see he is just a trolling bootspudder