Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Thank you Dees for setting up my tips nicely this week  ;D

Nige

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 24, 2015, 10:23:58 PM
Quote from: Nige on April 24, 2015, 03:28:42 PM
Thought he was gonna embarrass Tross?  :P

He did  :P
Full credit to him. I'm genuinely happy to give credit where credit is due. The kid is a beast, plain and simple.

powersuperkents

Incredible young line-up. All I have to say, it's good to see Newton is finally getting the opportunities he deserves (didn't think much of him in Port) and is in a side which allows him to reach his potential. Salem is fantastic, Brayshaw & Tyson are future brownlow contenders, and their experienced players have been phenomenal leaders. Roos has re-utilised players I once though were mediocre (Lynn, Howe, Kent, Garland etc.) and assisted others to reach new heights (Dawes, Vince etc.). McDonald is looking like an immovable object in the backs. But I have to say my favourite is Jesse Hogan, easily the best recruitment in the last 5 years. It literally takes 3-5 years for a key/power forward to perform like he has in 1-4 games.

I've watched every Demons game this season and they are easily one of the most entertaining teams this season. Besides one poor performance during the second half of round 2 (against GWS), they have played a strong brand of football and I think Roos really is one of the greatest coaches to grace this game (just comparing the list from 2013 to now (possibly the worst to one of the best - prospectively). Big win for the club, I wouldn't call it an upset though (I tipped the Dees), and I think there will be more big wins for the club to come this season. Really a milestone win for the club and can't wait to see what the Dees + Jesse Hogan achieve next   

Mailman the 2nd

For me Melbourne already has a pass grade for the first half of the season. Great effort so far.

The real test imo is what they can manage in the 2nd half. Last year they tailed away a lot which Roos said was due to a lack of fitness, to the point where they were kinda back where they started at round 22, even though they started so well (not really it took them several games but same thing).

Purple 77

Excellent sportsmanship Nige  :)

Great words PSK, and thanks for the support Mailman  8)

I thought, after having finally getting a friday night match, when there is no other match to take spotlight from you and the whole AFL is watching, that this was a perfect opportunity to regain some respect, and by these responses, it sounds like a step towards that :)

I have been blown away by 3 out of our 4 games so far... I genuinely believe we have played good, entertaining and/or hard football in 12/12 quarters in these matches... I just didn't see it coming after our pre-season.

This is just so... nice to finally have happen, a competitive team  :)

Big Mac

We played horribly in the first qtr - Richmond could have been 4 goals ahead at qtr time

Credit to the boys though who stuck it out and really got back into the game - Really happy about the win

Real test comes in the next 5 weeks though - Will really see if the dees have the mental toughness to go with the recent physicality we've seen on field

If we can really take it to one or two of Freo, Sydney, Hawks and Port, beat the dogs, and don't allow any massive scores - I'd be pretty content

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 25, 2015, 12:15:45 AM
We played horribly in the first qtr - Richmond could have been 4 goals ahead at qtr time

Credit to the boys though who stuck it out and really got back into the game - Really happy about the win

Real test comes in the next 5 weeks though - Will really see if the dees have the mental toughness to go with the recent physicality we've seen on field

If we can really take it to one or two of Freo, Sydney, Hawks and Port, beat the dogs, and don't allow any massive scores - I'd be pretty content

that's pretty much my aim too... Having freo in mcg will be a good test. I think we will also like having the pressure of winning at zero too

Jroo

Can't say I'm surprised, this was a real danger game for us.

Well played, you were definitely the harder side on the day.

What about Jesse Hogan! Having a great start to his career, hopefully he can keel it up.

Nige

51 was the lowest score you guys have conceded in a while too, well done.

Although, that might be slightly more reflective on us and our inaccurate kicking.

Regardless, your back 6 is starting to look really good.

Big Mac

Quote from: Nige on April 25, 2015, 10:23:13 AM
51 was the lowest score you guys have conceded in a while too, well done.

Although, that might be slightly more reflective on us and our inaccurate kicking.

Regardless, your back 6 is starting to look really good.

Kicking was terrible all round

I think we had 4 posters for the night!

henry

Was at the game, wearing a Melbourne scarf lol (go for hawks but have realnsoft spot for Dees, a lot of family goes for them). Its great for footy when the Dees are playing well, I think finally the signs are bright for their supporters  :). I think Hogan is the best (effectively) first year player ive seen, he plays the hardest position on the ground, on the number one defender, has played 3 games and does it all, crashes packs, gives second third efforts, takes contested grabs, kicks well, tackles and pressures. To do all this with the hype around him, I have been so impressed.

powersuperkents

Quote from: henry on April 25, 2015, 10:46:12 AM
Was at the game, wearing a Melbourne scarf lol (go for hawks but have realnsoft spot for Dees, a lot of family goes for them). Its great for footy when the Dees are playing well, I think finally the signs are bright for their supporters  :). I think Hogan is the best (effectively) first year player ive seen, he plays the hardest position on the ground, on the number one defender, has played 3 games and does it all, crashes packs, gives second third efforts, takes contested grabs, kicks well, tackles and pressures. To do all this with the hype around him, I have been so impressed.
I know, it's hard to believe he is a first year player. I think any side (barring Sydney who have spent a lot of money on Franklin) would trade their key forward for Hogan. It seems there is a real difference in quality between the draftees and those selected in the mini-draft (i.e. Hogan, Martin, JoM, & Crouch). In the National Draft, only a few clubs acquire star players. Conversely, these mini-draft not only identify ready-made, technically advanced players, but they identify these players at only 15-16 years of age. You can really see the difference Roos has made to the side, under the previous coaches players like Hogan, Salem etc. would slowly experience a state of entropy and fail to hone their capabilities. Under Roos they are thriving and I think there will no longer be any problems retaining players (the fact they are situated in Melbourne poses a significant advantage that clubs like GWS & the Brisbane Lions don't have). I see a successful future with this playing group 

Purple 77

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 23, 2015, 06:39:42 PM
I'm quite happy Michie is getting a shot  :D

Michie actually had a really good game...

I just watched the highlights, and he was involved quite a bit... got 19 disposals in 2 and a bit quarters!

I reckon we are yet to see the real Viv Michie, and last night was a glimpse  :)

MTTY