Main Menu

Melbourne preseason training

Started by Barra13, January 08, 2015, 06:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

As stated in the Melbourne discussion thread, I'm going to be copying some training reports across from Demonland.com from bystanders that are at the ground. Everything is supplied by posters from there and is not written by me, but I thought we could all use the insight for the people that do not visit there.  :)

Here is a link to some training pics from yesterday.

http://six6six.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=46823254&AlbumKey=5SpdKQ

Enjoy! Note: Requires flash to use.

Purple 77

Awesome, usually don't see the photos, thanks for pointing me in the right direction  :)

Barra13

So the 3 Km time trial was run today. Here are the placings;

QuoteN. Jones, Dawes, Watts and Hogan didn't run. Figure it'll be released by the MFC later on, but:

1. T-Mac (7 seconds ahead of Bail)

2. Bail (6 seconds ahead of Jordie)

3. Jordie (3 seconds ahead of Grimes)

4. Grimes (7 seconds ahead of JKH)

5. JKH (was stoked with himself, probable PB)

6. Crossy (filthy at himself)

7. Howe

8. White

9. Stretch

10. Viney

11. Lumumba

12. Newton (elated at finish line, probable PB)

13. Dunny

14. M. Jones

15. Toumpas

16. Salem

17. Vince

18. Brayshaw

19. Harmes

20. Oscar MacDonald

21. Pederson

22. Tyson

23. Jetta

Big Mac

Thanks Barra - I really expected Toumpas and Tyson to finish higher. Also surprising not to see Frost in the top 23

Major props to JKH though

Barra13

QuoteNot far behind was Kent, Frost, Michie, Fitzpatrick, Vandenburg and Petracca (was absolutely exhausted). A long while later, Garland, followed by Garlett.

Didn't recognize the player who came next (99% certain this was Kieran Collins, our AIS trainee), and King was last.

Big Mac

Quote from: Barra13 on January 09, 2015, 11:22:41 AM
Not far behind was Kent, Frost, Michie, Fitzpatrick, Vandenburg and Petracca (was absolutely exhausted). A long while later, Garland, followed by Garlett.

Didn't recognize the player who came next (99% certain this was Kieran Collins, our AIS trainee), and King was last.

Don't you have Vandenberg at 8th above? Or is one of them Mitch White

ADEZ

The Prince continues to push his claim for a starting spot in my side!

Barra13

Sorry mate, I wasn't there. Just copying everything that is getting reported.

Barra13

Yes, you are right. It was white that came in at 8th.

Barra13

QuoteThe gap between T-Mac and Tyson was 1 minute.

The gap between Tyson and Petracca was about 25 seconds.

The gap between Petracca and Garland was 30 seconds.

EDIT: Frost actually finished five seconds before Garland.

Big Mac

Quote from: Barra13 on January 09, 2015, 11:42:22 AM
Yes, you are right. It was white that came in at 8th.

Haha cheers I probably could've checked myself

Quote from: ADEZ on January 09, 2015, 11:33:11 AM
The Prince continues to push his claim for a starting spot in my side!

Did he ever get a forward tag at collingwood?

Barra13

A couple of times I think he did. I think an opposition team could be tempted to shut him down but then it will leave Tyson, Vince, Jones free and I don't think they would want to do that.

RaisyDaisy

Do you guys think Mitchell White has a chance of breaking into the team?

I know he won the Stingrays B&F, and read somewhere that his style is exactly the sort that Roosy loves

EDIT: via Draft Hub:

The tight defender has a raking left foot kick and is versatile enough to play on either talls or smalls. He represented Vic Country and won the Dandenong Stingrays' best and fairest in 2014. A constent performer, he is likely to fit the Paul Roos rebounding defender mould.

Big Mac

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 09, 2015, 11:56:34 AM
Do you guys think Mitchell White has a chance of breaking into the team?

I know he won the Stingrays B&F, and read somewhere that his style is exactly the sort that Roosy loves

EDIT: via Draft Hub:

The tight defender has a raking left foot kick and is versatile enough to play on either talls or smalls. He represented Vic Country and won the Dandenong Stingrays' best and fairest in 2014. A constent performer, he is likely to fit the Paul Roos rebounding defender mould.

He definitely has a chance as there's a spot in the seniors up for grabs now that Trengove won't be playing, but last I heard he had a lot of work to do to improve his defensive side. Terlich is probably still ahead of him

T Dog

Any updates on the smooth Bernard Vince? I thought I heard he was not on full training program. Thanks Gents.