GoLions' SC Diary 2017

Started by GoLions, December 12, 2016, 09:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: GoLions on April 03, 2017, 01:06:47 PM
Ahaha shower week, just the 2145. WHE needs to come in.

To do it in one trade, I have to get rid of either Taranto or SPS.

If I want to make 2 trades, then I can trade any 2 of Taranto, SPS, Bowes, Turner. In this scenario, I'd probably be bringing in Butler as well.

What do you guys reckon?

I thought about WHE and I would of had to do 2 trades  but Houston has the same B/E -85 and can't see WHE getting a score like that this week so 1 trade Houston in

GoLions

Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2017, 01:37:56 PM

If I want to make 2 trades, then I can trade any 2 of Taranto, SPS, Bowes, Turner. In this scenario, I'd probably be bringing in Butler as well.

What do you guys reckon?

I thought about WHE and I would of had to do 2 trades  but Houston has the same B/E -85 and can't see WHE getting a score like that this week so 1 trade Houston in
I actually brought in Houston this week to upgrade Goldy to Gawn haha, needed the win in my cash league :P

shaker

Quote from: GoLions on April 03, 2017, 01:41:11 PM

What do you guys reckon?

I actually brought in Houston this week to upgrade Goldy to Gawn haha, needed the win in my cash league :P
Ok well trade him back out then back in again  :P

GoLions

Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2017, 01:44:13 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 03, 2017, 01:41:11 PM

What do you guys reckon?

Ok well trade him back out then back in again  :P
Ahaha ;D

_wato

Don't see Butler as a must have. Also worried about Houston holding his spot as well as scoring so well - Port have had two good wins now. Be interesting to see how he scores this round in the furnace of Adelaide Oval under lights AND in a showdown. Will be a huge game.

WHE is a must and I'd be booting SPS but only just. I reckon he'll come good but probably better to sacrifice him over Taranto.

You have a lot of forward rookies otherwise so I'd hold your trades for now.... 3 down, 27 to go

GoLions

Quote from: _wato on April 03, 2017, 11:41:08 PM
Don't see Butler as a must have. Also worried about Houston holding his spot as well as scoring so well - Port have had two good wins now. Be interesting to see how he scores this round in the furnace of Adelaide Oval under lights AND in a showdown. Will be a huge game.

WHE is a must and I'd be booting SPS but only just. I reckon he'll come good but probably better to sacrifice him over Taranto.

You have a lot of forward rookies otherwise so I'd hold your trades for now.... 3 down, 27 to go
Yeah, I'd prefer to use just the 1 trade. My only concern is how much cash Bowes will be able to make now...but yeah keeping that extra trade is probably the better option in the long run haha

_wato

Quote from: GoLions on April 03, 2017, 11:44:37 PM

Yeah, I'd prefer to use just the 1 trade. My only concern is how much cash Bowes will be able to make now...but yeah keeping that extra trade is probably the better option in the long run haha

Oops I misinterpreted. You already have Houston lol, sorry mate. But yeah I'd be a little concerned about Bowes, but there's always options floating around. Remember they got absolutely smoked on the weekend.

GoLions

Quote from: _wato on April 03, 2017, 11:47:28 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 03, 2017, 11:44:37 PM

Oops I misinterpreted. You already have Houston lol, sorry mate. But yeah I'd be a little concerned about Bowes, but there's always options floating around. Remember they got absolutely smoked on the weekend.
Yeah that's true. Clugg may be in for Brisbane in the next week or 2 ;)

Worried Suns are gonna get smoked every week though hahaha ;D

GoLions

Hmmm...I COULD do Barrett to Butler and Bowes to WHE. Means I'd get to keep SPS and Taranto who I rate much more. And get rid of Bowes who doesn't look like making a lot of cash. Need to find the BEs of Barrett in comparison to SPS and Taranto. Tempting though :P

js19

Barrett -22, SPS -1, Taranto 0

Still the better trades with Barrett and Bowes I reckon though

GoLions

Quote from: js19 on April 04, 2017, 06:27:11 PM
Barrett -22, SPS -1, Taranto 0

Still the better trades with Barrett and Bowes I reckon though
Yeah, it ultimately comes down to whether I wanna use 1 trade or 2

My Chumps

Quote from: King_Robbo on April 01, 2017, 10:03:40 AM
Re WHE- I don't think he's a must.. Similar to BKen last year, he's started well and playing a fantasy lucrative role however already you're 100 points behind those who started WHE over a Taranto (for example) and you're burning a trade.. I think it's an ok move but not a 'must'
I tend to agree with King Robbo, but can see the surface appeal of WHE. Plus I think he's a far better footballer then most previously @200k. I did make the mistake of bringing in Ben Ken after week 2 last year and it set me back a fair way when he turned back into to his bonafide spud of a self.

Definitely wouldn't bother bringing in Butler if you missed him. I'd be tempted to stick with Bowes too - if he performs like crud again there's other options coming around soon.

Taranto or SPS to WHE makes the most sense. Flip a coin between them though - Taranto probably more valuable with that M/F but SPS has far better JS.

btw good performance first week w/Cape Town. Inconsistency to be expected. Good luck for the season

GoLions

Quote from: My Chumps on April 05, 2017, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: King_Robbo on April 01, 2017, 10:03:40 AM
Re WHE- I don't think he's a must.. Similar to BKen last year, he's started well and playing a fantasy lucrative role however already you're 100 points behind those who started WHE over a Taranto (for example) and you're burning a trade.. I think it's an ok move but not a 'must'
I tend to agree with King Robbo, but can see the surface appeal of WHE. Plus I think he's a far better footballer then most previously @200k. I did make the mistake of bringing in Ben Ken after week 2 last year and it set me back a fair way when he turned back into to his bonafide spud of a self.

Definitely wouldn't bother bringing in Butler if you missed him. I'd be tempted to stick with Bowes too - if he performs like crud again there's other options coming around soon.

Taranto or SPS to WHE makes the most sense. Flip a coin between them though - Taranto probably more valuable with that M/F but SPS has far better JS.

btw good performance first week w/Cape Town. Inconsistency to be expected. Good luck for the season
Yeah, I posted in some other SC thread yesterday that I was tempted to hold off on WHE...mainly because there seems to be a few rookies about to get games and I don't want to burn through my trades straight away haha. Still not sure what I'll do but maybe leaning towards trading Taranto as I already have a few m/f links and as you said, SPS has far better JS.

And thanks man, team just went to shower this week haha, and wasn't home to get 2MP in for Kent on Friday night. Wouldn't have made much of a difference though. Should have a few guys returning this week!

_wato

This makes so much sense ^^

Go for Houston at $90k less seems a better option. Means I have to field SPS though.

In reality, what are the chances WHE keeps on averaging over 100? Highly unlikely.

Houston only has to average 60 odd and he will make the same as WHE averaging like 80 from here on out. Bc as has been said I'm buying from now on so have to treat WHE as he's got 0 next to his name and his worth is from here on out.

King_Robbo

The only advantage of bringing in WHE is his scoring potential is higher than the other rookies.. But Vs Sydney on Friday night at the SCG screams danger, I'm actually considering benching him and loop joking his score
I actually think Marchbank is a far better trade in option if you don't have him..