Arbels Aces 2024

Started by arbel, February 22, 2024, 03:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbel

It was Nic Martin yeah. I'm thinking of doing the Draper and Clark to Garcia and Dale. Both will make money and with the new rookie coming in for the Dogs hopefully Garcia will avoid the vest. He's been named on field so should be fine.

Will drop me down to 6.8k yes but it means I'm not losing money on Clark anymore and with Sweet now getting a run for next 4-5 weeks. I'll trade him when Soldo back or he maxes out and should be able to use that to finish team around the byes.

Mat0369

Agreed, even though Clark is fine to sit at M11, you get the premium score in this week at the expense of some rookies

arbel

Round 8

Score: 2180
Round Rank: 18,662
Cash: $6,800
Trades Left: 23

Well that was an interesting week. Went from 2473 predicted to only get to 2180 yet somehow went up in the overall rankings by 33. Green obviously not helping but good scores from Zorko/Grundy boosted me. I also couldn't loop Wilson which hurt. Yeo going down again has hurt. Rode the wave but with his injury history I think he goes.

Green with no structural damage and if misses, should only be a week, so happy to hold him and look at doing:

Comben, Yeo, Roberts to Ryan, Oliver, Jones (gws) No other rookies standing out so doing this leaves me with 78.2k or could do Martin instead of Ryan and have 129.3k

Then next week if Sullivan holds his spot and with the Brissie injuries one of Neville/Morris should get a run. I can look at Duursma, Darcy and Reid out to Sullivan, Morris/Reville and likely Moore.

Bully

Those are really good trades, I think you are fortunate Yeo is a virtual sideways trade to Ryan, can't complain given his starting price.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Bully on May 06, 2024, 02:51:48 PMThose are really good trades, I think you are fortunate Yeo is a virtual sideways trade to Ryan, can't complain given his starting price.

Ryan, agree solid trades.

You went past the 33 who had the C on Green ;)

Reckon most around/above you would have to have had Yeo also to be up there.

Mat0369

Yeo scoring an 80 and then injuring himself was the best possible scenario if he was going to injure himself. Sideways trade to Ryan makes the most sense there. Comben to Jones is also a no brainer move to bank some cash.

I think I'd hold Roberts if you can, the BE is around 100 and the 50 sucked, but the weather was awful in that game and it wasn't made for his style of play. Can you afford Oliver by doing Darcy instead and swinging Wilson forward?

arbel

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 06, 2024, 04:31:53 PMYeo scoring an 80 and then injuring himself was the best possible scenario if he was going to injure himself. Sideways trade to Ryan makes the most sense there. Comben to Jones is also a no brainer move to bank some cash.

I think I'd hold Roberts if you can, the BE is around 100 and the 50 sucked, but the weather was awful in that game and it wasn't made for his style of play. Can you afford Oliver by doing Darcy instead and swinging Wilson forward?

Yeo got to 80 at 3 qtr time ... well slightly above but lost a bit as the game went on but he has been my best buy. Start of season it was he or Young for that position. Young price only gone up 10k and Yeo 155k so won there and ability to sideways to Ryan a bonus.

I can't do Darcy in that trade. 23k short unfortunately. I'll wait on teams and injury list etc. Only way to do Darcy in that trade would be to get Martin instead of Ryan and that would get me 28.2k. I thought of keeping Roberts but I guess in my mind he was always a cash cow for me, and with the BE of 107 and the 50 in his cycle will likely drop a bit. So I could go him to Oliver and if Oliver keeps on current path could be a keeper. That'll me I only have 5 upgrades left to do and 20 trades left.

Mat0369

Ryan will come cheaper at some point, but it won't be for a while and he may not be much cheaper than 600k anyway with the way he is scoring. I think I'd rather make that move now over Martin, even if it costs Roberts to do it.

Bully

Ryan is only 33k above his starting price, for a guy averaging 133 that's still within the realms of reasonable, I think for a player with a decent track record he's a solid selection.

arbel

Well team selections threw an absolute curve ball into the mix. It didn't change who came in, just how I went about it. With Burgoyne being out with injury (no idea what it is or how long for) I was looking at having 2 donuts sitting on DEF bench and didn't want to risk that so Burgoyne went and Comben gets a reprieve and moved to the DEF bench.

Duursma and Graham both out, but happy for them to sit on the bench and hope they come back in. I considered keeping Roberts but his BE was high and with the weather predicted to be wet and stormy in Perth I couldn't risk losing cash with him.

arbel

Round 9

Score: 2480
Round Rank: 3,166
Cash: $134,300
Trades Left: 20

Got myself back into top 1000 again so can't really complain about much. Stewart tagged hard in the game, Reid off game, Oliver as I thought and likely to be F9. Sheezel a slight concern with his role but scoring okay. A lot of close rookies scored welled like Clohesy, Comben, Darcy so they all making good cash still. Bonus is I still have 1 boost left to use!!

Vinsentini had a good game for Port but hopefully Sweet comes back to get more cash. Reid has to go now with the BE of 134. Has done his job. Will wait on teams but likely one of Graham/Duursma might go too. But do I use the boost. Think need to start locking away FWD line but don't have trust beyond the top 3.

Could do:
Reid and Duursma/Graham to Sullivan and Serong leaving 24.5k/84.3k (doesn't fix FWD line)
Reid and Duursma to Sullivan and Jackson/Rankine/Moore leaving 219.3k/165.5k/146.2k gets potential F4 in and leaves decent cash
Or could use boost and do:
Reid/Duursma/Graham to Sullivan/Reville/Jackson leaves 394.7k

Colliwobblers

I'd get Serong.

Rankine and Moore aren't going up much anyway and Serong's almost certain to outscore them, so I'd take the extra week of him over them.

Do Fwd next week.

Mat0369

I'd be inclined to do the two trades and grab Serong. Duursma is the one I'd dump out of the two this week, it sucks because he made no cash, but if Graham comes back he'll be more likely to increase his price.

Moore is probably your next best forward, but Rankine has popped out of nowhere and Curnow is actually a pretty good option as a pod with a good draw at the back end of the season

arbel

Graham not selected again is annoying. Will wait on remainder of teams. Hopefully Duursma named only cos he still has money to make and had a good VFL game. I think either way Graham goes now cos not getting named with the short turn around is worrying. Reid and Graham to Serong and Sullivan leaves me 84k. If Duursma not named could also use boost and go him to Reville but don't know if using boost is worth it.