Bully's Boys 2021

Started by Bully, March 07, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telescopic

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2021, 12:54:56 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 30, 2021, 12:19:24 AM
I'd probably keep Sharp over Jones. The Bombers are talking about blooding young guys but they look like they will be awful. I feel Sharp getting early games means he may be back in with a chance even if he does get dropped. Him getting dropped doesn't help for loop holing purposes though with a run of early games.

Sharp is still a kid and is studying year 12, don't think we'll be seeing much more of him to be honest. Will punt him first & maybe just hold Jones for looping.

Think the second trade will be Taranto to Heeney/Butters/Tex, want to fix the forward line but structurally that may take 2 weeks. There's merit in all picks but I'd prefer a keeper, so maybe it comes down to a 95 average with Heeney or perhaps go for broke & hope Butters hits the century. No reason he can't, he reminds me of Zach Merrett & is equally skilled, Port will also win a truckload of games this year.

Merrett's first 3 years - 63,88,111
Butter's first 2 years - 60,87

Port just played North and Essendon, surely you have to take their scores with a grain of salt? They're seriously inflated due to the opposition they've played.

Bully

Quote from: Telescopic on March 30, 2021, 12:26:24 PM
I'd probably keep Sharp over Jones. The Bombers are talking about blooding young guys but they look like they will be awful. I feel Sharp getting early games means he may be back in with a chance even if he does get dropped. Him getting dropped doesn't help for loop holing purposes though with a run of early games.

Sharp is still a kid and is studying year 12, don't think we'll be seeing much more of him to be honest. Will punt him first & maybe just hold Jones for looping.

Think the second trade will be Taranto to Heeney/Butters/Tex, want to fix the forward line but structurally that may take 2 weeks. There's merit in all picks but I'd prefer a keeper, so maybe it comes down to a 95 average with Heeney or perhaps go for broke & hope Butters hits the century. No reason he can't, he reminds me of Zach Merrett & is equally skilled, Port will also win a truckload of games this year.

Port just played North and Essendon, surely you have to take their scores with a grain of salt? They're seriously inflated due to the opposition they've played.

Class is class, Butters has breakout written all over him. Worst case is he averages in the 90s, best case is a Zach Merrett 3rd year performance. Think that redirecting the risk to the forward line is the way to go.

Telescopic

I suppose you'll find out against Richmond and West Coast in the next 2-weeks.

I personally like the Taranto --> Tex move. Tex would be a straight swap for Zorko (3-weeks or so) and then that downgrade would probably pay for Ziebell to Danger, down the line, as well.

Bully

Quote from: Telescopic on March 30, 2021, 12:49:34 PM
I suppose you'll find out against Richmond and West Coast in the next 2-weeks.

I personally like the Taranto --> Tex move. Tex would be a straight swap for Zorko (3-weeks or so) and then that downgrade would probably pay for Ziebell to Danger, down the line, as well.

Haven't ruled that out to be honest, haven't ruled out Heeney either as I think his durability has been wrongly called into question, he only missed 1 game in the two seasons prior to last.

The appeal with Tex is it will be a quick 100k, even if he spuds it a little. Perfect bridge to Neale or Oliver but there's also the possibility of an onfield 40 instead of an 80 from Taranto.

Will weigh up all the options over the next 48 hours.

Fid

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2021, 12:34:44 PM
Quote from: Telescopic on March 30, 2021, 12:26:24 PM

Class is class, Butters has breakout written all over him. Worst case is he averages in the 90s, best case is a Zach Merrett 3rd year performance. Think that redirecting the risk to the forward line is the way to go.

I was considering Butters as well mate, but I notice that Rozee might be back this week and now I am wondering if his scoring will be affected.

Bully

So after careful consideration & all the various doubts I'm going totally leftfield & bringing in Ridley for Cripps. Big call but Ridley could wind up being the top defender this year & I suppose he might be tough to catch once he hits 600k. Defence now complete with a loop installed, can see this formation being robust for the entire season. The clincher for me was the points bonanza down back, seems like even average players are doing well points wise. Early sample size but extending back to the preseason big numbers were also rolling through.

I am going to enjoy this round more than most, so many great sub plots & perhaps Cripps will come back to bite me. Who knows really but this is how I'm rolling.

Colliwobblers

Nice to have a completed line :)

I'm with you on Ridley, I need two defenders to complete, have clark so thats one easy up, the other will take time. Lloyd #1 Ridley #2 is what I'm looking at.

Jealous of your double dog midfield :) 

Bench rooks a little concerning but....

Teams looking good!

Bully

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 30, 2021, 10:38:05 PM
Nice to have a completed line :)

I'm with you on Ridley, I need two defenders to complete, have clark so thats one easy up, the other will take time. Lloyd #1 Ridley #2 is what I'm looking at.

Jealous of your double dog midfield :) 

Bench rooks a little concerning but....

Teams looking good!

Thanks mate!

Bench is a worry but only one rookie away from looking decent, plan is to swing Brockman to the forwards & punt Jones. Wasn't willing to invest a trade in Berry as I'm unsure about his job security.

Mat0369

I like the Ridley move. I'm a big fan of his and spewing I didn't start him. It probably helps the Bombers are so bad right now that he is seeing a lot of the pill down his end of the field.

With all the talk of how Cripps has been out of form I'm hoping he comes out with a monster score. I just don't like how much he was out of the middle last week. He is apparently carrying but he was still one of our best against the Tigers, his possessions just didn't translate into points.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 01, 2021, 12:50:21 AM
I like the Ridley move. I'm a big fan of his and spewing I didn't start him. It probably helps the Bombers are so bad right now that he is seeing a lot of the pill down his end of the field.

With all the talk of how Cripps has been out of form I'm hoping he comes out with a monster score. I just don't like how much he was out of the middle last week. He is apparently carrying but he was still one of our best against the Tigers, his possessions just didn't translate into points.

Less stoppages is the greatest concern for me, the game has changed & that in turn will impact on midfielders who don't have a great outside game. Surprised that Oliver has held up so well but I'd expect a few stinkers from him down the track. Not really sure who will occupy the top 8 but there's sure to be a changing of the guard.

RaisyDaisy

I recall you questioning me when I said that I am starting Ridley this year - your concerns were valid, but I went with him and I like the move you've made getting him too

I started him because he is just so damn calm and clean for his age. He plays like a 10 year vet, never panics and always uses the ball so well which makes him SC Gold

Let's hope he continues on and has a big year :)

RaisyDaisy

Pretty crazy we have the same premiums too

I have Clarry and Heeney vs your Dusty and Short, and the rest are identical

I don't have Taranto though (which I am good with) as I went with a few extra 200-300k guys in Impey, Clark, Joe, JZ etc (and now Tex)

Bully

The concern about inflated scores with the shortened games probably still rings true, it was the reason I overlooked Neale along with his interrupted preseason. That at least has saved me a fair bit of grief. Ridley was a breakout last year but there's shades of Docherty from a few years back & he was a nightmare to get in once he hit his stride. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 115, his kicking is close to the best in the competition & he has the ability to intercept. Two games is enough to take the plunge I think, along with his 2020 season I feel really comfortable with this pick.

Fair chance we have a very similar team by year's end, Clarry will be an early upgrade & I was entertaining Heeney this week. Think you made the right call with the mid pricers, a bit of a bummer I don't have Impey but you can't win them all.

Bully

Solid week with 2265, keep stuffing up the bench but these rookies are a nightmare. As you can see the cash generation is abysmal but at least I got Flynn to cash in, looking at Oliver, Mitchell & Neale but probably need some more info on Neale's back.

Anyhow, trades very likely to be Rowe to Waterman, Campbell to Impey. This is a gamble of sorts but Impey is looking keeperish, I suspect 90 range and for 288k that's a good bet.

Rank is 1354, good spot to be in with my defence sorted, just need some luck with the penny dreadfuls.

Mat0369

I feel chasing points on rookies is never a good plan. Impey fits that mould. I don't mind going early on Waterman, the two rookies to keep an eye on for you are Dev Robertson and Parks for the following week. Kosi to Parks could pocket some cash and start the cash gen down back while Robertson could score a 70 and turn into a handy cash cow with his two early scores.

As bad as Cogs getting injured is for him personally, it may have been the best result for both our teams. Taranto should go back into the midfield and become an absolute bull.