WXV Trade Confabulation 2018

Started by meow meow, November 22, 2017, 12:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Kind of wish I negged the Preuss trade now to get it up to 15.

GoLions

Stepho available for Danger, Tmitch, Kelly, Oliver, or Macrae

meow meow

I implore all teams to cease trading with Dublin. They have no depth. They won't be able to win next season with their current list. If you trade a player to them then you're an absolute cow.

RaisyDaisy

What's going on folks?

I can't recall ever seeing WXV this dead, especially during a trade period!

The only logical explanation for the lack of activity is that everyone is happy with their teams, and that has to be BS because most of us are not in a position to win a flag so we should be looking to improve and that generally requires trading

Or has the novelty worn off? Are people losing interest in the comp?

We don't have heaps of elite prems we can offer, but we've got plenty of guys who are capable of starting for most clubs so check out the Team By Position thread and let me know if we have anything you like

I think the issue we're having is that most coaches only seem to want to get the absolute best players from another club, and of course not pay up anything of significance themselves. Nothing wrong with trading for some solid D3/4 M4 F3/4 U1/2 capable players etc

There's plenty of teams with dicey cover, and we know injuries occur all the time so check out team lists and lets try and get things kicking into gear here!  :D

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 03, 2018, 11:27:20 AM
I think the issue we're having is that most coaches only seem to want to get the absolute best players from another club, and of course not pay up anything of significance themselves.
Tell me about it. This happened to me when a coach wanted my best player, have covered up their name for anonymity.

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on October 03, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 03, 2018, 11:27:20 AM
I think the issue we're having is that most coaches only seem to want to get the absolute best players from another club, and of course not pay up anything of significance themselves.
Tell me about it. This happened to me when a coach wanted my best player, have covered up their name for anonymity.

Nice Censor of the name.

No idea who that is

RaisyDaisy

Um, all I did was ask a question, and then responded to your statement

I didn't make you a silly offer or anything

Another poor GL attempt at humour. It's just not your thing man  :P

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 03, 2018, 12:17:18 PM

Umm i never even said who it was

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on October 03, 2018, 12:18:25 PM

Umm i never even said who it was

was probably HP or Daz

RaisyDaisy

We've managed to bring in some quality youth over the past 12-24 months, and maybe it's the boredom talking but I am considering going full rebuild because I think we have the core to do it, and we can bounce back up sooner rather than later

DEF: Jordan Lewis, Pearce Hanley, Robbie Tarrant
MID: Richie Douglas
RUC: Paddy Ryder
FWD: Justin Westhoff, Josh J Kennedy, Jarryd Roughead, Eddie Betts, Ben Reid

Most of these guys are proven starters

We'd want good youth with potential, younger players or picks in return

Hit me up with what you want and what you can offer

Any team challenging should be interested in some of these guys

meow meow

Could really build a forward line around Toby Greene. JJK + something good will get it done. Cut in a 3rd team for the something good part because I don't want Greenwood.

elephants

Haha geez thats a long way off tbf. You just got roasted!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on October 03, 2018, 01:33:59 PM

Haha geez thats a long way off tbf. You just got roasted!

Yeah, I asked what he would need for Duncan. I got roasted big time there  :o

PowerBug

Eh, I've made 2 trades, I'm doing my bit

Ringo

I will just post here as well that August to mid October I have a very busy time outside of FF and do not have the time during that period to analyse and ask for trades. Do come into the forum just to check and respond during this time.

London may be asking a few questions after next weekend when the last of my round of AGMs and meetings is complete.