WXV Trade Confabulation 2018

Started by meow meow, November 22, 2017, 12:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Murphy, Curnow, Scully, Greene, Sandilands, Wells, McVeigh, Stringer maybe even Langdon all available.

PowerBug

I have Brayshaw, Yeo, Taranto, JOM, Cripps in my midfield. I also have barely anything in Fwd or Def. At most I will be trading out one of those 5 superstars, with a look at upgrading my other lines. There's obviously been interest in them, but I will be taking my time before trading one out, unless an unreal offer comes in haha

Outside of those guys, Aaron Hall, Dom Tyson are the other two players that I'm willing to move on.

I want to hold onto Cameron, Francis and Maynard.

Ricochet

Quote from: PowerBug on September 17, 2018, 11:55:13 AM
I have Brayshaw, Yeo, Taranto, JOM, Cripps in my midfield. I also have barely anything in Fwd or Def. At most I will be trading out one of those 5 superstars, with a look at upgrading my other lines.
So you're telling me there's a chance!  :P

Sidey + JZ for Cripps

PowerBug

Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2018, 12:01:27 PM
I have Brayshaw, Yeo, Taranto, JOM, Cripps in my midfield. I also have barely anything in Fwd or Def. At most I will be trading out one of those 5 superstars, with a look at upgrading my other lines.

Sidey + JZ for Cripps
Well one person decided to offer up a premium defender, a fwd and a ruck that were premium in 2017, a 1st round draft pick, and a young player that was a fwd in 2018 and averaged almost 80.

All for Cripps.

So there's a starting point for you :P

iZander

Quote from: PowerBug on September 17, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

Sidey + JZ for Cripps
Well one person decided to offer up a premium defender, a fwd and a ruck that were premium in 2017, a 1st round draft pick, and a young player that was a fwd in 2018 and averaged almost 80.

All for Cripps.

I wonder who that was  ::)

Ricochet

Sidey + JZ for Cripps

All for Cripps.

I'll add Ele's right nut and a dart board with Dublin's pie squad on it. Post up and I'll confirm

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on September 17, 2018, 12:23:27 PM

Sidey + JZ for Cripps

All for Cripps.

I'll add Ele's right nut and a dart board with Dublin's pie squad on it. Post up and I'll confirm
If i can get Lamb from Pacific then can offer him for Crippa

meow meow

Higgo for McKay and 41 has been copping a bit of shower on discord.

Higgins will be 31 next season. Clearly a gun but his time in the sun won't be for too much longer, and who knows what the influx of mids will do to his scoring, if anything.

McKay averaged 66. Not outstanding by any means but he's shown a bit in his 2 seasons. I think he's capable of developing into a 75-80 forward and that's acceptable compensation for old Higgo. Buddy averaged 63 in his second season. I'm not expecting McKay to be the next Buddy but he's got some scope for improvement, being a young key forward and all.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on September 17, 2018, 01:38:32 PM
Higgo for McKay and 41 has been copping a bit of shower on discord.

Higgins will be 31 next season. Clearly a gun but his time in the sun won't be for too much longer, and who knows what the influx of mids will do to his scoring, if anything.

McKay averaged 66. Not outstanding by any means but he's shown a bit in his 2 seasons. I think he's capable of developing into a 75-80 forward and that's acceptable compensation for old Higgo. Buddy averaged 63 in his second season. I'm not expecting McKay to be the next Buddy but he's got some scope for improvement, being a young key forward and all.

It just sets a precedence though which I'm not too keen on

The whole age thing does my head in too. Higgo has had a career best year and there is no reason why he will slow down. Even if Polec etc come into the side Higgo will still be right in the mids, and at the least I think 95+ is easily achievable, and for 2 possibly 3 more years. That's still a lot of football - most of us might not even be here in 3 years time let alone worrying about age and what someone "might" do in 5 years time

I get what you're saying, but there has to be a much easier way to get someone like McKay.

meow meow

I'll be here in 30 years mate.

Trade me Steele for Murphy and McVeigh if ages don't matter. You'll be getting 2 starters for one so clearlya great deal.

I tried getting McKay the easier way. Didn't happen.

RaisyDaisy

If anything, I'm actually surprised that Purps thought it was fair too

I'm sure there are plenty of previous trades that we can reference to show that 30 year old 100+ mids demanded a hell of a lot more than a 66avg KPP

Anyway, you've both agreed to it, so now we just wait for the coaches to vote

RaisyDaisy

I'll argue that Esava Ratugolea has shown more than McKay

I've had a few teams ask about big Sav

Well now, the asking price is a 100+ mid, no older than 30

Not even 12 months ago Joel Selwood was traded for Luke Dunstan + Hugh Greenwood

Selwood and Higgins are basically the same value now, but McKay isn't worth Dunstan + Greenwood

upthemaidens

Higgins would be worth somewhere in the #10-#20 area.  McKay was pick #10 in the AFL draft(#37 in WXV draft).
   After a few pre season into his body, wouldn't he be worth a mid to late 1st round pick?

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 17, 2018, 02:32:30 PM
Selwood and Higgins are basically the same value now, but McKay isn't worth Dunstan + Greenwood
You heard him Purps, go get yourself Jelwood

Cant see why Holz would say no

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 17, 2018, 02:32:30 PM
I'll argue that Esava Ratugolea has shown more than McKay

I've had a few teams ask about big Sav

Well now, the asking price is a 100+ mid, no older than 30

Not even 12 months ago Joel Selwood was traded for Luke Dunstan + Hugh Greenwood

Yea, McKay > Dunstan + Greenwood