Main Menu

An idea: Club logos next to names

Started by PowerBug, February 18, 2016, 09:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I know our profiles already have the team we support on them but I think it would be cool if next to our names on every post the club logo of who we support shows up.

I'm no wizz so this picture below I've just used a pen to show where I mean we should put the club logos.

I think it would add a little more colour to the forum.

fanTCfool

Much like what happens on chat on the main site? Good idea!

RaisyDaisy

Bill Manspeaker

Grazz

Hellopplz

I don't mind it but then again, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it so would have to wait for m0nty to respond :).

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 19, 2016, 12:30:46 AM
I don't mind it but then again, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it so would have to wait for m0nty to respond :).

Bit of code work will do it, but not sure if the forum software would have the capability although surely it would right?

fanTCfool

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 19, 2016, 08:51:37 AM

Bit of code work will do it, but not sure if the forum software would have the capability although surely it would right?

It's basically a smaller profile picture on the end of each name, should be easy enough

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 19, 2016, 09:13:15 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 19, 2016, 08:51:37 AM

It's basically a smaller profile picture on the end of each name, should be easy enough
I'd imagine wherever the code for your user name is displayed, you could add something like '+ " " + [team image file]'

But I could be wrong

RaisyDaisy

Probably just store the images somewhere, and then code next to username pulls up the image assigned to the field where you have nominated the team you follow in your profile

RaisyDaisy

Team Logo images created and named Eg/Adelaide

Code next to username looks up the team you follow in your profile, and then assigns the appropriate image

Something like that I'd guess

Hellopplz

I know like no coding/programming so will wait til m0nty sees :P.

m0nty

It's doable, but I have a LOT of other things on my list to do before that. :)

fanTCfool

Quote from: m0nty on February 24, 2016, 04:53:04 PM

Do we get to hear the to-do list? I'd love to know what to expect

Grazz

Quote from: m0nty on February 24, 2016, 04:53:04 PM

Is the list getting any smaller mate ?