Main Menu

2015 matchcentre - live scores redesign

Started by m0nty, February 26, 2015, 10:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0nty

I am gradually working on improving the matchcentre. Getting rid of the whitespace was first priority, I think I've mostly fixed that now in all views except maybe 2 column.

There is a watchlist feature already which is tied in to the Exteam feature, which is not really running all that well at the moment - I need to work on that at some point but other things have priority right now.

The box width issue is known, I will get to that soon. My hope is that eventually I can get everything to a state where it won't need scroll bars. Someone suggested having the icon and chat things in pop ups to get them out of the way completely, which isn't a bad idea. I would need other stuff to fill the page though. Perhaps some social media stuff, riffing off the official hashtag - though everyone else does that to death already and I'm not sure it adds a heap of value. Some more fantasy-specific content maybe. Suggestions welcome.

I like featuring the team tables first, with the game details underneath. Shows what is important. Real scoreboards often do that - the MCG one being one of many.

The whole small/large layout thing is getting rather complicated. I may need to start over with that at some point. At the moment I'm toying with removing the button and just going with small layout for 3 column, large for 4/5/6, and a different and more compressed look for the 1 and 2 columns.

Mix-n-match columns is an advanced feature that will have to come later.

m0nty

Quote from: meow meow on March 03, 2015, 12:59:11 AM
Could you ditch the clearances stats? They're not a scoring stat in either DT or SC so they're pretty useless.

SC scores use about 80 different stats with not a hell of a lot of transparency, and I am pretty sure clearances are one of them.

If there is another stat you think would be appropriate in that spot, by all means suggest one.

m0nty

I have greyed out the layout buttons, and am forcing the large layout in 4/5/6 columns and the small layout in 1/2/3 columns.

meow meow

Quote from: m0nty on March 06, 2015, 12:09:55 AM
Quote from: meow meow on March 03, 2015, 12:59:11 AM
Could you ditch the clearances stats? They're not a scoring stat in either DT or SC so they're pretty useless.

SC scores use about 80 different stats with not a hell of a lot of transparency, and I am pretty sure clearances are one of them.

If there is another stat you think would be appropriate in that spot, by all means suggest one.

There's a fair bit of transparency on the live stats page, which is also the official scoring page and clearances aren't a scoring play. I've compiled a list of scoring actions and it's the weighting that is somewhat difficult to decipher, but individual scoring plays are pretty straightforward. I'm not sure if any of them are worthy of their own column though.

kilbluff1985

i like seeing clearance starts no matter what impact they have on players scores

SydneyRox

is there any way to get the chat box up higher? cant see the chat and the stats on the same screen?

SydneyRox

is it just me? half way through typing into the chat box, the whole page refreshes and i lose the text?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 06, 2015, 07:25:29 PM
is there any way to get the chat box up higher? cant see the chat and the stats on the same screen?

i really doubt that's possible there isnt any room left at the top after the stats

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 06, 2015, 08:49:23 PM

i really doubt that's possible there isnt any room left at the top after the stats

even swapping the chat and the team stats would be ok?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 06, 2015, 08:53:17 PM

you mean putting both stats under the chat box?

then you still couldn't see them at the same time

i dont read chat box so not fussed

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 06, 2015, 08:56:29 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on March 06, 2015, 08:53:17 PM

you mean putting both stats under the chat box?

then you still couldn't see them at the same time

i dont read chat box so not fussed

in my screen the small team stats in 'column 3' could go down where the chat is now

kilbluff1985

try zooming out a bit i did and got this happening

GoldDigger

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 06, 2015, 07:31:18 PM
is it just me? half way through typing into the chat box, the whole page refreshes and i lose the text?

Me too!

Ringo

Quote from: GoldDigger on March 06, 2015, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on March 06, 2015, 07:31:18 PM

Me too!
Me too here and not one of my posts in chat went through either

m0nty

Yeah, I am also getting that problem with losing focus on the chat box. I will work on it during the week, that one is likely to be something that will take a long time to track down.