EazyMoney's 2017

Started by Mongoose528, February 22, 2017, 10:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mongoose528

So here's my team - first time AF player

Adams / Shaw / JJ / Stewart / Keefe / Ryan                                           Vicker-willlis / Newman

Danger / Rocky / Treloar / Titch / Fyfe / Heppell / SPP / Bowes                Myers / Graham

Gawn / Goldstein                                                                                 Strnadica / Cameron

Macrae / Heeney / Ainsworth / McCluggage / Bolton / Pickett                   Eddy / Black

Help is needed, thanks in advance.

MGK1

Everything looks pretty good but the forward line looks a bit light on.

Your midfield is stacked so have you thought about dropping a premium mid or 2 to boost up Ainsworth and Bolton to better players?
Hard to argue against your choice of 6 midfielders though.

Apart from that I like the structure so nice work.

Mongoose528

Quote from: MGK1 on February 23, 2017, 12:59:48 AM
Everything looks pretty good but the forward line looks a bit light on.

Your midfield is stacked so have you thought about dropping a premium mid or 2 to boost up Ainsworth and Bolton to better players?
Hard to argue against your choice of 6 midfielders though.

Apart from that I like the structure so nice work.

Thanks for replying, should I downgrade Heppell -> Freeman and upgrade Bolton -> Dahl?

Thunderbolts

Myers is out injured and will need to be replaced...

Mongoose528

Quote from: Thunderbolts on February 23, 2017, 01:07:52 PM
Myers is out injured and will need to be replaced...

Damn, didn't know, will probably bring in a mid like Freeman

Mongoose528

Thoughts on what to do?

Thinking Preuss -> Soldo
             Hampton -> Roberton

chief007

Beames has to go he has a quad injury and out for 1 more at least. Only get soldo in if u really need the cash and by the looks of it u don't, he may not play again, ur forward line is week so you could get Heeny in there or upgrade Hampton

Mongoose528

Quote from: chief007 on May 08, 2017, 01:04:22 PM
Beames has to go he has a quad injury and out for 1 more at least. Only get soldo in if u really need the cash and by the looks of it u don't, he may not play again, ur forward line is week so you could get Heeny in there or upgrade Hampton

Good moves suggested, thanks.

PowerBug

For me I see too many non-players/duds in that bench. So i think you should move on Beams and get someone good in to replace him. They said 2 and then re-assess from there, so to me that is a trade. In saying that though, if the plan is one up, one down and you can do it without trading Beams, then it's an option I think.

Thought 1:

So to get more of your 30 playing I suggest this:
Beams -> Yeo
Pickett -> Myers

Then next week maybe SPP down and Eddy up?? That should give you $550-$600k to spend on a decent fwd premium next week.

Thought 2:

However if you like the idea of a Jake Lloyd/Zac Tuohy/Heath Shaw in your backs, then Pickett -> Myers and Hampton up to one of them should fit in your budget, and you can wait on Beams another week.

Thought 3:
Trade Newman (only if he misses) or Hampton to McNiece/EVW/Berry and pocket another ~$100k
Then you can upgrade Eddy to Shaw switching Otten forward, or just to Heeney.

Just trying to think of as many options as possible, and hopefully I've said something you haven't thought of :)

Mongoose528

Quote from: PowerBug on May 09, 2017, 10:04:14 PM
For me I see too many non-players/duds in that bench. So i think you should move on Beams and get someone good in to replace him. They said 2 and then re-assess from there, so to me that is a trade. In saying that though, if the plan is one up, one down and you can do it without trading Beams, then it's an option I think.

Thought 1:

So to get more of your 30 playing I suggest this:
Beams -> Yeo
Pickett -> Myers

Then next week maybe SPP down and Eddy up?? That should give you $550-$600k to spend on a decent fwd premium next week.

Thought 2:

However if you like the idea of a Jake Lloyd/Zac Tuohy/Heath Shaw in your backs, then Pickett -> Myers and Hampton up to one of them should fit in your budget, and you can wait on Beams another week.

Thought 3:
Trade Newman (only if he misses) or Hampton to McNiece/EVW/Berry and pocket another ~$100k
Then you can upgrade Eddy to Shaw switching Otten forward, or just to Heeney.

Just trying to think of as many options as possible, and hopefully I've said something you haven't thought of :)

Thanks for the detailed response! Looking at combining 1 and 3 and doing

Beams -> Yeo
Dud rookie -> Heeney