Revamp No.7- Uncertainties Arise

Started by Alex7089, March 17, 2010, 11:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Hey guys I just made a few trades, want to know what you guys  think. I have got a theory where I attack from the back this year. I spent a bit of money on my backs and am hoping to nail people with a lot of points generated from my backs.
Trades-
Goddard Out - Bock In
Kennelly Out - Duffield In
Montagna Out - Dal Santo In
Hille Out - Nic Nat In (optional can have either)
Hall Out - Murphy In. I think if Murphy is fit he will score better, simple as that.
Anthony Out - Ball In. I think Anthony is to young to have that price and won't maintain it with more pressure this year and Ball will improve at the new club.
Anyway so yeah just a few expensive prems coming down to less expensive ones there. For me the biggest Trade is getting rid of Kennelly and getting Duffield in.

tom_scully

Agree Alex, sounds like a good plan. I'm going with 4 premiums in the backline & mids and less in the forwards. Too many unknowns in the fwd prems this year. Better to wait until fwds scoring settles in the early rounds.

Alex7089

Yeah I've only gone with the one full priced prem this year (roo) it just seems as though there isn't anyone who is worth their pricetag or who has some kind of question mark over what could influence their scoring.

Phreophile

Much prefer Goddard, Kennelly and Hall to your replacements. Goddard is proven. Kennelly and Hall have upside value. Can Duffield repeat last year's effort? But can Tadgh return to AFL after Gaelic Footy? Will BBB return to his old ways? Murphy was good for me a couple of years ago. But I can't see much improvement in him this year.

Alex7089

No improvement from 350k??? I think personally if Murphy is fit he will score better than Baz. Also Bock is a proven scorer also with Ball set to score better than Anthony and obviously Duffield will score better than Kennelly, I also toyed with having Drummond over Duffield... I suppose I can see where you're coming from though. I think GOD is definitely worth the money and I'm considering trying to get him back. Also tossing up Hille/Nic Nat. Reports are Hille is going really well in his preseason and Cox missing training...

Phreophile

Yes Murphy might make it to 450K. From my ageing memory he has also been injury prone the last two years.
Bock has been a premium in the past. But again injury prone.
Duffield will score better than Kennelly but is also a couple of grand more expensive.
Drummond I wouldn't touch with a barge pole as he will miss a game with a sore pinky.
But who am I to make comment? I am a bootstudder. You are a coach!  :o ;D

Alex7089

I'm not a coach, I'm an Assistant... Nearly at 100 posts though ;)

MissPies

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 17, 2010, 11:20:22 AM
Hey guys I just made a few trades, want to know what you guys  think. I have got a theory where I attack from the back this year. I spent a bit of money on my backs and am hoping to nail people with a lot of points generated from my backs.
Trades-
Goddard Out - Bock In
Kennelly Out - Duffield In
Montagna Out - Dal Santo In
Hille Out - Nic Nat In (optional can have either)
Hall Out - Murphy In. I think if Murphy is fit he will score better, simple as that.
Anthony Out - Ball In. I think Anthony is to young to have that price and won't maintain it with more pressure this year and Ball will improve at the new club.
Anyway so yeah just a few expensive prems coming down to less expensive ones there. For me the biggest Trade is getting rid of Kennelly and getting Duffield in.

Hmmm I can not quite get my head around this strategy. So I will zip my lips

Torress

kennelly is a good buy - out of all the midprice backs that look good, he is the safest bet. looking upon his season averages, u can expect 80-90 average - i'll take that as a keeper for 320k no worries. mind u duffield looked very good in NAB - that tag he copped late last year hampered his scoring tho as he was scoring massive b4 then... but any of those prem backs will prob do anyway.  gotta say that i think baz will score higher than murphs

Alex7089

Yeah but that was a while ago from memory, have changed my team a lot since then. The strategy was something I tested with although have changed since then ::) A bit more even and less top heavy in defence now. Also got more unique picks than I had then. A lot has happened in like 8 days...

West Coast Fanatics

Alex7089

I think they are overpriced, especially Joey, thinking he will come right down at some point.

alman

Montagna yes - will drop in price, although always escapes the close tag so gets plenty of the ball!

Goddard no - he will average over 110 again.

Alex7089

I suppose, but I thought that Drummond and Bock would score better than Goddard and Gilbee

mjpaps

Goddard WILL dominate again this year 4 sure...
Especially if he continues to go forward & bag a few...