WXV Round 15: Suns Seeking Seventh Sands Surrender

Started by Purple 77, July 10, 2018, 07:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 16, 2018, 06:18:17 PM
Quote from: Jay on July 16, 2018, 08:59:33 AM
Our team is doing alright this season! Maybe there's some method to the madness of not trading out your good players? :o

No problem with keeping your good players - that was never in question

It was the ludicrous demands that we we're laughing at

Quote from: Holz on July 16, 2018, 06:02:29 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on July 16, 2018, 05:52:45 PM
Our team is doing alright this season! Maybe there's some method to the madness of not trading out your good players? :o
Yeah, but just think how much better we would be if we had Dom Tyson VFL scores over a fringe player like Andrew Gaff.
    I guess with hindsight we would know better, luckily hindsight isn't a skill set needed in this game... :)

Just looked 2 years ago we where close on Hill for Gaff but you wanted abit extra due to age and i didnt want to pay it,

hindsight a wonderful thing.

Exactly Holz

2 years ago a trade involving those 2 was more than reasonable. Fast forward 2 years and of course Gaff was the better choice

Same as the Tyson/Gaff discussion and the Tex/Stanley discussion - at the times of discussion Tyson+more for Gaff (coming off a 93avg) was certainly reasonable. I've got no problem with Pacific declining it, but to say it was bad is just wrong, where as on the other hand offering Stanley, a guy who averaged 70 and wasn't even best 22 for Tex who was averaging mid 80's and no JS issues was a joke

UTM can't get his head around any of this, and is obviously not capable of admitting when he is wrong so I'm not going to waste any more energy on this discussion. I think it's fair to say NY and Pacific won't be trading anytime soon. Probably fair to say Pacific and 80% of the comp won't be trading anytime soon too :P
Maybe if we try really hard we to can finish 9th.  RD we would love to get some lessons from you...

meow meow

Gaff is shower and is going to cost his team a win in finals when he puts up a 52. Soft outsider.

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2018, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on July 15, 2018, 07:07:32 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 07:01:32 PM
Admit I was wrong? About what? I told you exactly what happened

Everyone knows you're the worst to trade talk with, which is why you barely do any trades

You keep bringing up examples in hindsight - well done genius. Stanley was a 70avg hack who wasn't even best 22, but you keep telling yourself you're right now because you look at the trades now in hindsight and not back then when it was actually relevent

Good luck getting that 90+ mid you want for Fasolo. Hasn't happened the last few years, maybe it will this year
Keep telling yourself that.

Yeah great response. Exactly what I'd expect because it's true

And LMAO at actually justifying that Sandi offer

When I rejoined WXV you wanted BOTH of Devon Smith and WHE for Bennell. I'm still sickened.

Quote from: MajorLazer on July 15, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
You guys all suck.

Who made that offer Meow?  Because that's a ridiculous offer.

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 16, 2018, 07:33:59 PM
Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2018, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on July 15, 2018, 07:07:32 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2018, 07:01:32 PM
Admit I was wrong? About what? I told you exactly what happened

Everyone knows you're the worst to trade talk with, which is why you barely do any trades

You keep bringing up examples in hindsight - well done genius. Stanley was a 70avg hack who wasn't even best 22, but you keep telling yourself you're right now because you look at the trades now in hindsight and not back then when it was actually relevent

Good luck getting that 90+ mid you want for Fasolo. Hasn't happened the last few years, maybe it will this year
Keep telling yourself that.

Yeah great response. Exactly what I'd expect because it's true

And LMAO at actually justifying that Sandi offer

When I rejoined WXV you wanted BOTH of Devon Smith and WHE for Bennell. I'm still sickened.

Quote from: MajorLazer on July 15, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
You guys all suck.

Who made that offer Meow?  Because that's a ridiculous offer.

flowering NY, the rapists. Look at what they did to me with Higgins and Scully.
Compo.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 16, 2018, 07:16:59 PM

Yeah, but just think how much better we would be if we had Dom Tyson VFL scores over a fringe player like Andrew Gaff.
    I guess with hindsight we would know better, luckily hindsight isn't a skill set needed in this game... :)

Just looked 2 years ago we where close on Hill for Gaff but you wanted abit extra due to age and i didnt want to pay it,

Exactly Holz

2 years ago a trade involving those 2 was more than reasonable. Fast forward 2 years and of course Gaff was the better choice

Same as the Tyson/Gaff discussion and the Tex/Stanley discussion - at the times of discussion Tyson+more for Gaff (coming off a 93avg) was certainly reasonable. I've got no problem with Pacific declining it, but to say it was bad is just wrong, where as on the other hand offering Stanley, a guy who averaged 70 and wasn't even best 22 for Tex who was averaging mid 80's and no JS issues was a joke

UTM can't get his head around any of this, and is obviously not capable of admitting when he is wrong so I'm not going to waste any more energy on this discussion. I think it's fair to say NY and Pacific won't be trading anytime soon. Probably fair to say Pacific and 80% of the comp won't be trading anytime soon too :P
Maybe if we try really hard we to can finish 9th.  RD we would love to get some lessons from you...

At least at 9th we get a higher pick than you now. You won't win, so coming 2nd or 8th just means you failed again and get a later pick

Since you got involved, have you actually done anything to Pacific to brag like you do? Did you trade in/select Titch, Bont, Laird etc, or do you just like bragging about a team that you had no part in building?

Have a look at Pacific's trades over the past few years - just swapping junk around for the most part. Keep strutting around like you actually have anything to do with Pacific's success

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 16, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

Exactly Holz

At least at 9th we get a higher pick than you now. You won't win, so coming 2nd or 8th just means you failed again and get a later pick

Since you got involved, have you actually done anything to Pacific to brag like you do? Did you trade in/select Titch, Bont, Laird etc, or do you just like bragging about a team that you had no part in building?

Have a look at Pacific's trades over the past few years - just swapping junk around for the most part. Keep strutting around like you actually have anything to do with Pacific's success
Dude I've just been joking with you,  9th is an awesome effort.  Congratulations you are now average.

RaisyDaisy

Your comebacks are horrible

Please, stop embarrassing yourself and get back to your side that you had no part in building

upthemaidens

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 16, 2018, 07:43:10 PM
Your comebacks are horrible

Please, stop embarrassing yourself and get back to your side that you had no part in building
RD isn't this what you wanted? 

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 16, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

Exactly Holz

Exactly. So we're basically 2nd best. Pacific couldn't even score 1500 this week lolololol

Ricochet

Nige

Cairo actually outscored Pacific this week, that can’t be good fo business for a team that’s top 4.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Nige on July 16, 2018, 08:24:35 PM
Cairo actually outscored Pacific this week, that can’t be good fo business for a team that’s top 4.
A few teams outscored us this week.  We have a few starters out and a 27 doesn't help.

Cairo aren't that bad a team, just not consistent enough at this stage to be a threat.  Though a flag window could open soon.

Nige

upthemaidens

Quote from: Nige on July 16, 2018, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on July 16, 2018, 08:49:43 PM
Cairo aren't that bad a team
I'm printing, framing and putting this on my wall.
Well don't choke and screw it up for yourself.  Print that as well. :)