WXV Round 7: Toronto's Test

Started by Purple 77, April 30, 2019, 09:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

... wh... what? A normal week?! OH MY GOD THERE IS NO THURSDAY NIGHT GAME!

FULL LOCKOUT on Friday night at 7.50pm AEST, like it should be  :D

Round 7, AFL Round 7

Home Team                             Away Team                             Venue                                                                                 Head-to-Head
Toronto WolvesBeijing ThunderNeutral, Sydney Cricket Ground4  v  3
Seoul MagpiesNew Delhi TigersSeoul World Cup Stadium, EurAsia, Asia2  v  6
Pacific IslandersDublin DestroyersTuanaimato International Stadium2  v  6
Rio de Janeiro JaguarsBerlin BrewersMaracana Stadium1  v  3
Cape Town CobrasNew York RevolutionNewlands Cricket Ground, AAP Alliance2  v  5
Moscow SpetsnazTokyo SamuraiLuzhniki Stadium, EurAsia5  v  2
Buenos Aires ArmadillosMexico City SunsEstadio de River, AAP Alliance, Americas2  v  5
London RoyalsChristchurch SaintsLondon Olympic Stadium2  v  2
Cairo SandsPNL ReindeersBorg El Arab Stadium3  v  4

Previews by Daz!

Toga

Love a normal lockout 8)

BEIJING THUNDER:
D: Brandon Ellis, Heath Shaw, Darcy Byrne-Jones
M: Lachie Neale (CC), Tom Rockliff, Dayne Zorko, David Swallow
R: Brodie Grundy (CC)
F: Kane Lambert, Luke Breust, Josh Caddy, Taylor Walker, Darcy Macpherson
IC: Daniel Howe, Tom Cutler

EMG: Jackson Thurlow (d), Daniel Rioli (f), Nathan Broad (d)

DazBurg

So this round is brought to you by The kiss of death

Wolves Vs the Thunder
Well what can i say, obviously the wolves are going to falter in this one, and if Ablett with a resting bonus cannot get it done then zero chance this week. The thunder will be just too strong in this one and i have a great reason why

Magpies vs Tigers
The tigers are travelling along nicely, I’m sure Rico and ele are feeling quite confident over this one. But Seoul have that super midfield to lead them all the way to victory, plus a tiger is scary but who doesn't hate seeing this coming at you

Islanders vs Destroyers
Dublin have had their struggles this season with injury we all have heard about this. The Islanders got hit big before the season started with Titch out but too their credit they have still managed to be ahead of the destroyers. But for mine the destroyers in this encounter

Jaguars vs Brewers
So the brewers look like the real deal this season, despite a close loss last round, really most would be forgiven for thinking that was a simple case of bad luck and a small blip in an otherwise ladder topping season so far, but not me oh no I see the Jags brining the brewers undone, I feel this is perfectly said with the gif below

(I realize it is a cougar but never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn in this case gif haha)

Cobras vs Revolution
Well this is an interesting one, the cobras were travelling along nicely but have had couple of rounds now that show they have fallen back to earth scoring wise compared to the big boys, which I feel spells trouble as RD has done a fine job in his rebuild of the Revs and yet still managing to put up suck great scores, (last round excluded) Revs will take this one home

Spetsnaz vs Samurai
Moscow hey? Wow top 4 and that is without dochers the heart and soul of the team, amazing job done so far this season and hats off to them. Sadly they will be sliced in two by the Samurai this week as they look to take the victory in the name of their honor

Armadillos vs Suns
OoooooOO Match of the Round, Why you ask? Well of all the teams this one is neck and neck on the ladder, on the blue corner we have the dillos, opposing in the red corner we have the suns
Very close one here both have some young starts putting up some good numbers and very hard to split, but for me the sun shall rise

Royals vs Saints
2 weeks ago we’d all feel comfortable backing in the royals with some great form showing in the first 4 rounds, sadly the old troubles reared up last week to remind everyone they are prone to a shocker every now and then, Now it is time for the saints to capitalize on this recent poor form and get back on an even zero for points for the season, and then we will all be on the saints bandwagon

Sands vs Reindeers
Well for the final match of the round we have the Cairo boys who have just amazed the league in how they are going, with what seemed to be a shockingly hard start to the season on paper they have taken in their stride and layed wasted to those that opposed them, on the other hand we have the struggling reindeers who frankly are lucky to even still be in the idol contest at this stage really there is no reason to back this mob at all. Guess what? Reindeers for the victory as the sands become dust in the wind

Well there you have it folks the kiss of death has spoken and remember with these tips

(note not as good as purps to be honest after looking at preview pretty shabby haha, but thought i'd go for something different and lend a hand)

RaisyDaisy

GoLions

Koop

CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

B: Phil Davis (cc), Tom Langdon (cc), Mark Blicavs, Robbie Tarrant
M: Tom Scully, Paddy Dow, Liam Stocker, Sam Lloyd
R: Brayden Preuss
F: Harry McKay, Jake Stringer, Josh Thomas, Sam B. Reid (RP)
U: Connor McKenna, Jackson Trengrove

E: James Rowbottom, Brent Daniels, Easton Wood

Resting: Ed Richards

Purple 77

Love it Daz!!

Gifs really ad a lot. I'm always a sucker for a Simpson's gif tho, that one was my favourite haha.

Rio/Berlin one was a ripper too haha

Holz

DUBLIN

Jeremy Howe, Mark O'Connor, Daragh Joyce
JOEL SELWOOD, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch (C), Rory Sloane (VC)
Todd Goldstein
Justin Westhoff, Toby Greene, Jack Gunston, Tom McDonald, Josh J Kennedy
Dustin Martin, Zak Butters

Mitch Lewis (F), Elliot Himmelberg (F)

ATTACK!!!!

upthemaidens

Beware the injured beast.   Hopefully the boys can keep up recent form, a win could see us sneak into the 8 for the first time this season.

Holz

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 01, 2019, 02:06:56 PM
Beware the injured beast.   Hopefully the boys can keep up recent form, a win could see us sneak into the 8 for the first time this season.

who is the injured beast?

upthemaidens

Quote from: Holz on May 01, 2019, 02:15:15 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on May 01, 2019, 02:06:56 PM

who is the injured beast?
Dublin

Jukes

D: C. Rozee, R. Burton, J. Crisp, J. Kelly
M: S. Coniglio, D. Heppell (vc), A. Treloar (c), J. Sinclair
R: T. Bellchambers
F: J. Daniher, J. De Goey, S. Petrevski-Seton, B. Acres
U: C. Masten (rested bonus), G. Hewett

Emg: C. Brown, M. Parker, L. Jones

fanTCfool

Toronto Wolves

Traditional