Bully's Boys 2024

Started by Bully, January 24, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

I think I'll be moving on Sicily this week, one premo has to go and Sicily has burnt me for a second straight season.

I could go Sicily to D'Ambrosio, this frees 400k which could be used to get Clark up to Flanders (with Gibcus down to Dean).

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 17, 2024, 11:42:22 AMI think I'll be moving on Sicily this week, one premo has to go and Sicily has burnt me for a second straight season.

I could go Sicily to D'Ambrosio, this frees 400k which could be used to get Clark up to Flanders (with Gibcus down to Dean).

I like all three of those trades, catch Flanders before his price rise and bring in D'Ambrosio who looks like a must

Bully

Rotten start but everything fixable, I'll be using a boost this week, too many loose ends & there's a distinct possibility I'll be using three next week. Sicily is like a voodoo doll, he ended my year last year and has torpedoed the start of this year. With the likelihood of suspension coupled with the threat of heavy attention I think I'll cut and run. Upgrading Clark is also paramount, he looks like a butcher to me and cannot be trusted on field. Flanders about to skyrocket in price so best to jump on early.

Dean & Hore look like decent replacements for Gibcus & Reid, I'll bite the bullet with Dean if he's named and next week look at Hore. Worst case scenario is Dean gets dropped and I trade him to Hore with a bit of spare change.

The two players I'll look at next week are Lyons & Billings, a player like Seth Campbell might make way for Billings and it won't cost the earth, Campbell projected to be 154k and Billings 272k, that seems a reasonable upgrade. Lyons at 242k also appealing, particularly if Sanders is a vest candidate.

Not having Gawn slightly frustrating but the gap between Grundy & Gawn not insurmountable.

Mat0369

The only downside I see with dumping Sicily to do the rookie to Flanders is the backline looks really thin with not a lot of security at D6. Structure wise I think I'd rather try and get D'Ambrosio and Williams to D4 and D5. With it being best 18 it's probably okay for the next two weeks, but when it becomes best 22 again it's a slight worry

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 18, 2024, 01:57:44 AMThe only downside I see with dumping Sicily to do the rookie to Flanders is the backline looks really thin with not a lot of security at D6. Structure wise I think I'd rather try and get D'Ambrosio and Williams to D4 and D5. With it being best 18 it's probably okay for the next two weeks, but when it becomes best 22 again it's a slight worry

Fair point, it's thin with a guy averaging 50 at D6 but there's a few players who could come to the rescue, Riley Bonner is a mid now but will surely get DPP, he's on watch, only 284k and taking kick outs. Along with Lyons & Billings he's in the frame next week.

Bully

Cooling on Dean, will wait a week on Hore so I can reassess. I think with potentially Lyons & Bonner next week I will bite the bullet and grab Billings this week, the deciding factor here is the outside chance he becomes a keeper. People forget he's still only 28, should be in his prime years and looked like he's recaptured that form that lead him to numerous 90+ seasons.

2017 - 92.7
2018 - 80.6
2019 - 93.8
2020 - 95.8

worth a punt at 244k, great player to have at F7 at the absolute worst.

Bully

Here's my updated team, I'm punting Sanders, I just feel he'll be managed which makes his scoring potential limited. DE wasn't the best either, looks a gun but for 180k a bit too pricey when stacked up against some of the other candidates.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 18, 2024, 04:48:55 PMCooling on Dean, will wait a week on Hore so I can reassess. I think with potentially Lyons & Bonner next week I will bite the bullet and grab Billings this week, the deciding factor here is the outside chance he becomes a keeper. People forget he's still only 28, should be in his prime years and looked like he's recaptured that form that lead him to numerous 90+ seasons.

2017 - 92.7
2018 - 80.6
2019 - 93.8
2020 - 95.8

worth a punt at 244k, great player to have at F7 at the absolute worst.

My worry with Billings is he is a high standard deviation player and the Dees looked happy to vest him in round 1 for a reason. If he gets a crack at it I think you're right that he is going make some good coin, but at his price a sub vest could kill his cash gen. I'm contemplating Berry over him at the moment since he will make some great cash as well

Colliwobblers

Fwd line looks solid like that. Defense a worry (rooks) but the early byes actually help to cover that. B18

Kinda agree with Mat in that statistically not all the mid pricers ever fire and we've already got so many, in saying that Bonner is on my radar Moreso than Lyons simply because he should become a defender and that's useful on that line even at a 70 average with modest cash gen. Think he's priced at 50.

Bully

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 19, 2024, 08:10:13 AMFwd line looks solid like that. Defense a worry (rooks) but the early byes actually help to cover that. B18

Kinda agree with Mat in that statistically not all the mid pricers ever fire and we've already got so many, in saying that Bonner is on my radar Moreso than Lyons simply because he should become a defender and that's useful on that line even at a 70 average with modest cash gen. Think he's priced at 50.

Bonner with DPP could be a huge advantage, it's a get out of jail card with Reid who could be traded to a mid rookie as opposed to a defender. The fact he's taking kick outs might even see a spike in scoring, 80+ not beyond the realms of possibility.

Mat0369

Be careful with Bonner. Sinclair is due to come back this week and he is currently in the Sinclair role. He is a wait and see and if Sinclair is back this week that will give you a better indication

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 19, 2024, 02:28:17 PMBe careful with Bonner. Sinclair is due to come back this week and he is currently in the Sinclair role. He is a wait and see and if Sinclair is back this week that will give you a better indication

I think he's affecting Nas more than anyone but here's his 2022 numbers minus the sub scores -

14 games

100+ (3)
80-99 (5)
60-79 (3)
under 60 (3)

average = 82.7

I think being able to cover 2 lines makes him a real asset, job security looks solid to me, DE has always been top shelf.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 19, 2024, 04:27:21 PMI think he's affecting Nas more than anyone but here's his 2022 numbers minus the sub scores -

14 games

100+ (3)
80-99 (5)
60-79 (3)
under 60 (3)

average = 82.7

I think being able to cover 2 lines makes him a real asset, job security looks solid to me, DE has always been top shelf.

He could end up having a Wood like season were he pops out of nowhere, but at the same time he does this just about every year before turning into a burn man. I'd like a look at him with Sinclair in the side as he can take that share of the kick-ins and play loose around the HBF. Playing the Pies this week will also be a pretty good indicator even though they have struggled recently. I'd prefer Lyons for 30k less if I'm going that route knowing that he can averaged 90 unsubbed as a mid.

tor01doc

So Sicily IN
Dean OUT

Me think re think required?

Surely hold Sicdog

Bully

Quote from: tor01doc on March 20, 2024, 07:17:08 PMSo Sicily IN
Dean OUT

Me think re think required?

Surely hold Sicdog

For me the argument really is Flanders vs Sicily with Billings being the cherry on top, Sicily looks like a marked man this year, granted he is a high standard deviation player and could easily knock out 170 but I wonder if it's really worth the risk. Last year I plonked all the chips on Sicily and he delivered his 170 followed by a 3 week suspension, he's a serial offender too, the close checking won't make him less aggressive and I've got no appetite for a Sicily correction trade if he has a -200 BE.

The backline looks like a dog's breakfast, hopefully Hore holds his place, that will be Gibcus sorted & I may even go Dawson to Sheezel depending on this week's performance. Bonner is another solution to the backline crisis, I think he's capable of 80 depending on role, this week should tell a tale.

The best 18 scoring system is for the next fortnight, structures can be planned around high yield rookies, it could get messy if Coffield breaks but still fixable with a player like Pink. As a best case scenario Hore retains his spot and fills D6, I think he's good for a 70 average.