Ringos 2023 team thread

Started by Ringo, December 27, 2022, 11:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Calf injuries worry me as they linger hence getting rid of him.

Mat0369

Yeo had to go. I think a lot of teams are going to have a similar structure to yours down back with Jones at D3. Midfields looks pretty strong and so does the forward line as a result. You can play around with the available rookies to work out you M8 and F6 situation. I would be inclined to start Baker at M8 this week and maybe bring in someone like Sheezle for McLean. I still really like Oscar Allen as someone that can make some cash around the 200k mark if you can turn Phillips into a far cheaper option.

Ringo

Thanks All for the advice and am really going to live or die by weak defence.
Brought about by not having reliable forward rookie options. So here is my round one team. Still 12 keepers as consider Gulden keeper st this stage.
With 36 trades as well can afford a couple of risks.

Just need to hope when the time comes some downgrade rookie options have surfaced.

So follow my rocky road journey here,

Mat0369

That forward line is insane! Only reservations I have, last year we got a handful of amazing Mid/Fwd options later in the year that gained forward status. By starting 5 guys you're picking as keepers, you're limiting any potential pick ups down the track without a sideways trade.

I like Day as a pick with his role, I also like Impey at a similar price if you haven't considered him. Day could provide a nice stepping stone to top end defender down the track.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 17, 2023, 06:11:00 PM
That forward line is insane! Only reservations I have, last year we got a handful of amazing Mid/Fwd options later in the year that gained forward status. By starting 5 guys you're picking as keepers, you're limiting any potential pick ups down the track without a sideways trade.

I like Day as a pick with his role, I also like Impey at a similar price if you haven't considered him. Day could provide a nice stepping stone to top end defender down the track.
Thanks Matt - Will be doing a big assessment to fix any errors in  Rd 3 & 4 and sideways a coupe if needed

Ringo

So Rd 1 threw up some interesting low scores,

Rd 1 Score 1,997
Position 31776

Rd 1 Team
Def: Docherty, Day, Jones, Ginby, Wilmot, Constable (Uwland, Cowan)
Mid: Oliver, Bontempelli, Neale, Green, Hopper, Ashcroft, Mackenzie, Baker (Davey, Long, Chesser)
Ruck: Witts, Marshall
Fwds: Dunkley, Coniglio, Rozee, Taranto, Gulden, Fyfe (Greene, Caminiti)

Do I trade this week or sit.  Tempted to do Fyfe to Sheezel. Is fyfe worth another chance but another score not acceptable given price. 
Other possible trade is Jones/Day down to McKenna picked the wrong Lion to discard. Jones apparently has only a pinched nerve so worth holding maybe.

Bully

I've seen enough with Fyfe, he's gone and I will look at bolstering defence given Jones is done.

GoldDigger

"... Tempted to do Fyfe to Sheezel. Is fyfe worth another chance ..."?
Do it. You won't be sorry.

Mat0369

I'd 100% be making at least one trade this week. I'd probably lean towards 2 but I may be reactionary right now.

I think I would lock in Jones down to McKenna and maybe Caminiti or Green to Sheezel. Give Fyfe one more week, play Fyfe at M8 and bench Baker. You would look pretty set with those two trades alone. It would then allow you to monitor Hopper and Fyfe for one more week and make the right corrective trades with those two if needed.

Ringo

Thanks Matt something alternative to consider.

Ringo

Rd 2 update

Rd 1 Score 2,129
Rd 2 Position 56,711
Overall position 38,235 (down 6,559)

1 Trade Fyfe to Sheezel

Rd 2 Team
Def: Docherty, Day, Jones, Ginby, Wilmot, Constable (Uwland, Cowan)
Mid: Oliver, Bontempelli, Neale, Green, Hopper, Ashcroft, Mackenzie, Gulden (Davey,Baker, Chesser)
Ruck: Witts, Marshall
Fwds: Dunkley, Coniglio, Rozee, Taranto, Sheezel, Long(Greene, Caminiti)
Moved Gulden to mids to get Baker off field.

Good: Oliver, Bontempelli, Hopper, Ashcroft, Marshall, Witts, Dunkley, Coniglio, Sheezel.
Average: Day, Neal, Green. Gulden. Rozee, Taranto, Wilmot, Constable, Long
Bad: Jones, Mackenzie,
Ugly: Docherty,
Real Ugly: Not checking emergencies after VC Loop resulting in not getting Witts score,

Trades
This is what I was originally considering Day/Chesser/Caminiti to McKenna/Ziebell/Chandler but Day put up a 98 to confuse the plan so do I still do or just do Chesser to Chandler and Uwland to McKenna.

So basically going forward Day v Ziebell (odds in to get DPP in Rd 6)
So if I do first one  leaves this team with $57k cash

Other alternative which I do not like is Doc to Daicos.

Ringo

Revision of trades with Hopper injured

Hopper, Chesser and Caminiti to Settlefield, McKenna and Chandler,  Could go Zeibell instead but think Setters is probably the better,

Bully

I think Setterfield is a definite candidate for M8 but if not you still pocket some change. DE never an issue just overall production, if he maintains 25 touches a match he's keeper material.

arbel

Yeah I didn't even know Hopper had an injury concern until the injury lists came out.
Not bad trades. Not worth keeping Caminiti? Has a decent breakeven or don't think will get a good run once injured saints return?

Mat0369

I would probably trade Greene before trading Caminiti at this point. I would expect Caminiti to make more money with the 70 in his rotation.

Setters will definitely make you some coin and should be an easy sideways trade. Ziebell the higher potential of being a keeper. Hopper is expected to be back next week so may be worth holding if you have coverage, but you're avoiding him coming back and playing like trash by dumping him now