Main Menu

EXV Round 2

Started by Nige, April 12, 2017, 09:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Because of the confusion with the home ground thing last week the team listed second is the home team. they are also in bold and I have listed where the game is held to avoid any confusion this week.

Hungarian Hulks   v English Lions in England
Spanish Stallions   v Russian Roulettes in Russia
Swedish Metal v Svalbard Valkyries in Savalbard
Swiss Storm v Greek Titans in Greece
Croatian Crushers    v Belgian Bashers in Belgium
Belarus Bison v Macedonian Wolves in Macedonia
Serbian Eagles v Iceland Polar Bears in Iceland

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6tHsoCoO-DT3kIpm1a5u9mS13pHR6pgIMphqAhtpaI/edit#gid=0

Now in regards to Rules: Please read in full

1. You can name 1 emergency in each position so 4 emergencies.

2. For loophole, there is a rolling lockout for thursday. However I dont like Loopholes for this comp it goes against the orginal DT that this comp is built on. So you can't name players who are not listed in the 22 or in the 3 emergency spots on the teamsheets on AFL.COM. If you want to try and use the loophole with an emergency player do it at your on risk. I think its unfair if teams have a VC loophole chance to get a leg up because they have a good player from West Coast or Sydney this goes for emergency loopholes as well. The rolling lockout is to let teams name a full team not to exploit it for advantage.

Nige

Swiss Storm

Cale Hooker, Michael Hurley, Alex Rance, Jarryn Geary
Ollie Wines (vc), Dion Prestia, Clayton Oliver (c), David Mundy
Jarrod Witts
Luke Dahlhaus (evc), Tom Hawkins, Travis Colyer, Daniel Menzel
Shaun Grigg, Reece Conca

Billy Stretch, Toby McLean, Tom Barrass

Hellopplz

Iceland Polar Bears

Backs: A. Mackie, M. Suckling, J. Harbrow, L. Brown
Mids: Z. Merrett (C), N. Fyfe (VC), M. Duncan, D. Tyson
Ruck: S. Mumford
Fwds: N. Riewoldt, J. Westhoff, C. Rioli, K. Turner
Int: L. Picken, D. Swallow

Emg: C. Sinclair, A. Swallow, A. Young, H. Grundy

OUT: L. Henderson, A. Young
IN: L. Brown, K. Turner

A few question marks over Young, Picken and David Swallow so will see if I can make changes on Friday!

JBs-Hawks

England

Def: Jeremy Howe, Shane Biggs, Ricky Henderson, Robert Murphy

Mid: Tom Mitchell (C), Dayne Beams(VC), Jack Steven, Luke Shuey

Ruck: Zac Smith

Fwd: Taylor Walker, Elliot Yeo, Tom Boyd, Jake Carlisle

Int: Brendon Goddard, Nathan Jones

Emg: David Zaharakis, Zach Tuohy, Joe Daniher

LaHug

I'll post my team shortly but what are we doing about lockouts? Double partial lockout like AF and RDT? I may or may not have a lot of inconsistent Eagles so might as well loophole one of them (can't loophole many because they share positions... and are also spuds).

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on April 13, 2017, 09:53:46 AM
I'll post my team shortly but what are we doing about lockouts? Double partial lockout like AF and RDT? I may or may not have a lot of inconsistent Eagles so might as well loophole one of them (can't loophole many because they share positions... and are also spuds).

we have a rolling lockout but you cant exploit it with loopholes as you are not able to name players who are not listed in the best 22 or the emergencies on the team sheets.

so for example lets say i put a VC on JJK and he pumps out a 200. I can't then tomorrow post a squad with Cian Hanley as the Captain to get his score.

You can risk it if you want if say Majak Daw is listed as an emergency and put the C on him, but there is a risk he is a late in and your stuck with Majak Daw captain.

this goes for the emergency loophoel.

Just feel it gives an unfair advantage to people who have players in tonight game and an advantage to coaches who are avilable to change their teams.

I like many also will be going away this weekend.

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on April 13, 2017, 11:15:35 AM
we have a rolling lockout but you cant exploit it with loopholes as you are not able to name players who are not listed in the best 22 or the emergencies on the team sheets.

Since when?? We've been able to loophole every other year. I don't like rule changes that weren't discussed. If it was discussed and I just missed it, that's fine though.

LF

Quote from: LaHug on April 13, 2017, 11:19:28 AM

Since when?? We've been able to loophole every other year. I don't like rule changes that weren't discussed. If it was discussed and I just missed it, that's fine though.

Yeah I thought we could loophole as well,as it has been done in previous years

Ziplock

I'm glad we're not doing loopholes tbh. Not like anyone built their team around it anyway

Holz

Quote from: LF on April 13, 2017, 11:53:31 AM
Quote from: LaHug on April 13, 2017, 11:19:28 AM

Yeah I thought we could loophole as well,as it has been done in previous years

As Zip has said nobody would have built there team any different because of this rule change. I should have floated it but really its one of those ones which i think just disadvantage teams because of who is playing on the Thursday night and also those are will be unavailable which is especially important on weekend like Easter where people are going away.

Hungary actually has the most to gain from loophole with JJK JPK as very good VCs.

its something i have always wanted to remove from the game but only this week worked out the way to actually stop it fairly.

Ziplock

Svalbard

B: T Adams (C), Laird, Spurr, L Mcdonald
M: Gaff (VC), Ziebell, Ward, Hunter
R: Hickey
F: Hoskin-Elliott, Higgins, Watts, T J Lynch
U: Josh Kelly, Caddy

E: Cunnington (M), Johnson (F), Williamson (B)

Yeah it's a showerty rule tbh. Don't get me wrong, gaff would make a great loophole option, but I've never liked it in XVs

GoLions

I thought this was America.

LaHug

It does make it a little tough for me with so many fringe Eagles I'm not sure whether to name or not. I'll hopefully get a chance to be online between teams tonight and lockout...

LF

Croatia Crushers

Def: Roberton,J.McGovern,MacMillan,Mills
Mids: Selwood(VC),Sloane(C),Liberatore,Blakely
Ruck: Campbell
Fwd: Lynch,Kent,Fantasia,M.Weller
U: Edwards,Parfitt
E: Hewett,Gray,Sheppard

elephants

Belgian Bashers

B: J.Lloyd, B.Houli, H.Hartlett, B.Smith
M: P.Dangerfield (c), M.Priddis, B.Gibbs, T.Cotchin (vc)
U: M.Crouch, J.Lyons
R: S.Jacobs
F: L.Franklin, E.Yeo, M.LeCras, M.Walters

EMG: N.Vlastuin, J.Redden, N.Hrovat