Worst game iv seen the cats play in a while vs Freo last night

Started by Grufflez, May 18, 2014, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grufflez

Absolute shocker and i can't even put it down to great pressure on Freo's part...Geelong just un-clean with the ball all night, not manning up or tackling hard enough as well, looked very slow around the ground....Glad to put this one behind us, Freo are not top 4 they still can't score enough goals vs good teams 5th or 6th for them this year

That's my 5 cents worth.

Mailman the 2nd

Fremantle are a top 4 side, like Sydney they've just taken a while to get going.

Nothing to be shameful of losing to them, looks like there will be 5 teams in the race for top 4 so naturally it'll be competitive

tbagrocks

Can only play as well as the opposition lets you, ask the Tiger supporters

Andrew3747

lol no. Tigers lost their own games. Wasnt because Melbourne and co are good.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 18, 2014, 07:56:40 PM

Disagree with this, completely.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 18, 2014, 07:56:40 PM

Melbourne are ahead on the ladder because they've played better

Andrew3747

5th one year 14th the next. Richmond are playing awful, not the other way around.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 18, 2014, 08:18:58 PM
5th one year 14th the next. Richmond are playing awful, not the other way around.

Does not mean that the teams they lose to are playing bad footy. This is the thing I hate, that supporters blame losing teams as playing poor as opposed to the winners actually playing well and deserving to win.

Andrew3747

Have you seen Richmond this season? Constant unforced turnovers, easy set shot misses, poor disposal efficiency, poor shot selection. the list can go on. This is Richmonds own undoing to why they are so freaking bad.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 18, 2014, 08:23:47 PM
Have you seen Richmond this season? Constant unforced turnovers, easy set shot misses, poor disposal efficiency, poor shot selection. the list can go on. This is Richmonds own undoing to why they are so freaking bad.

Have you seen Melbourne this year?

Andrew3747

Ive seen them lose to St Kilda, WC, WB, GWS who are all bottom 8 teams.
Even if they were top of the ladder, it still doesn't contribute to the fact of unforced errors and skill errors of Richmond.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 18, 2014, 08:29:30 PM
Even if they were top of the ladder, it still doesn't contribute to the fact of unforced errors and skill errors of Richmond.

West Coast - Very arguable that they are not top 8. Especially when they kick straight. I actually thought they weren't at the start of the year, but if they get their goalkicking right then they should be.

St Kilda and GWS - First and third games of the year, but i'll give you that one. We've been a whole lot better with a KPF.

Western Bulldogs - I'll again give you this, we should have won and didn't. Not because we played poor, but as i'm saying the Bulldogs played better.

But, it also has nothing to do with the point i'm making. The point is that Melbourne played well against Richmond, and have done so in all of their wins.

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 18, 2014, 08:29:30 PM

All of which, in some part, can be attributed to defensive pressure. That has been the main emphasis of our gameplan. Noted by Melbourne conceding 60 less points of average this season.

Andrew3747

Unforced errors = no pressure. Its Richmond 101 bra. You should know this.

MTTY

Quote from: Andrew3747 on May 18, 2014, 08:40:47 PM
Unforced errors = no pressure. Its Richmond 101 bra. You should know this.

Unforced errors does not take into account all forms of pressure.

Anyhow, apologises everyone for going off topic. I'll leave it at that.

quinny88

Hate it when Geelong supporters complain.. So used to winning every week they are just in disgust if they drop 1 game to another gun side haha.

MTTY, I said this to you after you beat Adelaide to. People are always going to be disappointed losing to Melbourne until they have had a season wear they don't finish bottom 4. Carlton, Adelaide and Richmond all went into the season with finals aspirations.. Melbourne went into the season hoping to win a handful of games. The fact is if any of these teams play their best footy they beat Melbourne comfortably. That's taking nothing away from Melbourne because they played well in all 3 but those sort of teams will expect to beat Melbourne and should