WXV: Dublin Destroyers

Started by Holz, November 14, 2011, 02:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2013, 01:22:18 PM
These write-ups are nice, but all that effort would go to waste if your trades are neg'd.  :-X

all that time not wasted.

Nige

Quote from: Holzman on September 12, 2013, 10:06:24 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2013, 01:22:18 PM
These write-ups are nice, but all that effort would go to waste if your trades are neg'd.  :-X

all that time not wasted.

Haha yep, better to be safe than sorry though.  ;)

Holz

Quote from: Holzman on September 07, 2013, 04:22:31 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 07, 2013, 03:39:33 PM
Haha good find that pic! Surely you didn't plan your trade targets around that picture :P

I wanted a picture of fyfe and mundy together and stumbled on to that gem. If only Zach Clarke was in it too.

what a telling sign. Clarke didnt make the pciture and he is now gone from dublin.

Holz

Dublin have announced 3 massive trades as they continue on with their plan of building for a top 4 finish. Backup developing ruck Zach Clarke requested a trade early on in the process and Dublin have been looking for a team to send him to ever since. Zach was unhappy being stuck behind Goldy and has moved to Moscow in the hopes of creating a ruck combo with Nic Nat. He has been moved on with Sam Docherty in excahgne for a more campigned defender in bob muprhy, along with Charlie dixon who we hope can help boster the forward line and provide back up ruck support for goldy.

Young gun Jed Anderson has been moved on for again another ready made player in Shuan Grigg.

However the biggest trade has seen recentely acquired Jack Darling along with 3 of our star reserves players in Jed Lamb, Lachie Plowman and Brad Hill in exchange for star midfielder Jobe Watson who has just joined the leadership group of Dublin. The coach of the Belfast Braves has been disapointed with the news however the Braves should be sporting Grigg, Hurley, M.Clark and Ryan Schoenemakers next year so should perform alright.

Coach Holz was happy with all the moves in particualr picking up Watson.

"its great to suplement our midfield with the injection of Jobe Watson into the squad" Holz 27/09/13

CrowsFan

Your Watson trade was rejected... ???

Holz

dublin continue their big name trading with the loss of star midfielder, with the move towards a flag coach Holz has felt that there was a need for a X facotr and have brought in tom rockliff to fill this role. Dublin have fealt that Rocky talent has been used incorectly and have offered him a full time midfiled role to unleash his full potential.

Injury prone Michael Hurley has been moved along with former number 3 pick Sam Day in the deal. Both players will hurt the depth of the squad but they have requested a trade with the ambition of gaining more senior games, after being told that would likely be playing for Belfast a majority of the year.

Luke delaney has been reunited with brother Cameron in defence with the move and we feel both should be handy players in the Braves.

Coach Holz is extremely postive about the future of the club with the midfeld particulary promosing. Todd Goldstein tapping down to Jobe Watson, Joel Selwood, Nat Fyfe, Tom Rockliff, David Mundy and Travis Boak should strike fear in the rest of the competiton for years to come.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Holzman on October 09, 2013, 02:35:34 PM
dublin continue their big name trading with the loss of star midfielder, with the move towards a flag coach Holz has felt that there was a need for a X facotr and have brought in tom rockliff to fill this role. Dublin have fealt that Rocky talent has been used incorectly and have offered him a full time midfiled role to unleash his full potential.
So you'll actually be naming him in the forward line rather than up forward?

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 09, 2013, 03:35:57 PM
Quote from: Holzman on October 09, 2013, 02:35:34 PM
So you'll actually be naming him in the forward line rather than up forward?

im pretty confident he will be a mid only, so will be playing as my M2. If on the very low chance somehow VS is silly enough to keep his DPP than he will be likely be rotating between the middle and forward line.

elephants

He played forward line pretty much all of the first half of the year haha

Holz

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2013, 02:09:52 PM
He played forward line pretty much all of the first half of the year haha
i didnt watch the games i just go off FF

i thought it was only about 405 games in the middle of the season.

rounds 1-7                  111 average (im pretty sure almost all mid)
rounds 8,9, 12-14        75 avergae (up front)
rounds 15 - 23            128 average (100% mid)

16/21 games in the mid  that 76% of the time i think he will be mid only.

add to the fact VS bend the rules anyway and will avoid having a 110+ DPP player if there is a vliad reason and as above i think htere is one.

I would love DPP but it would be a massive shock to me.

elephants

Holz

Dublin has brokered a huge deal. Nathan Fyfe who has just started his first preseason has been informed that he will likely be moving to Berlin in a deal along with injury plagued Mitch Clark, who was told he was no longer a requred player and second year player Lachie Hunter.

If the deal is passed, star forward Lance Franklin will spearhead the Destroyers forward line while Nick Dal Santo replacing Fyfe in the Midfield and young backman Tom Mcdonald  to fill the role of bob murphy in the coming years. The deal is dependent on the 9 year contract  Buddy has asked for and the trade is currently being reviewd by the World's Board.

elephants

Sucks to be you if the trade gets negged ;)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on December 17, 2013, 05:53:13 PM
Sucks to be you if the trade gets negged ;)

it me be out of fear of Dublin.

JBs-Hawks

Im voting for it to pass cos hoz finally loses a trade :P