Main Menu

O'Brien signs new contract

Started by Ricochet, May 08, 2015, 10:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-08/young-hawthorn-key-position-player-tim-obrien-signs-new-contract

HAWTHORN has reaffirmed its faith in Tim O'Brien, re-signing the key-position youngster until the end of 2017.

The Hawks' strong and settled team has meant O'Brien has played just four senior games â€" all of them last year â€" since joining the club from Glenelg via pick No.28 in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft.

But Hawthorn recruiting and list manager Graham Wright told AFL.com.au the club had been happy with O'Brien's development over the past two-and-a-bit seasons and were rapt to secure him to a new two-year deal.

"We think he'll eventually play a lot more football for us and hopefully be in the team for a long while," Wright said.

"That said, we're certainly also hoping that Tim can get into the team at times this year and hopefully when he does he can cement a spot."

Mr.Craig

Capper

When i first read the heading i thought it was ZOB from Lions.

This would have been interesting considering his clash with Leppa this week

tbagrocks

Stupid idiot's a South Aussie, he should know he was supposed to "Screw the Hawks" ::)  TRAITOR

He probably has dinner over at Gunston's house because God knows she knows how to look after him! ::)

Mr.Craig

Would love to see the Crows side without Victorians in it.

henry

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 08, 2015, 05:00:35 PM
Not sure I agree with this.

How come, on what basis? Hasn't shown much yet, but has only been at the club for a couple of years and KPPs take time. Being a high pick he must have talent, as far as I see it only good can come from sewing him up for a couple more years.

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 08, 2015, 05:57:46 PM
Stupid idiot's a South Aussie, he should know he was supposed to "Screw the Hawks" ::)  TRAITOR

He probably has dinner over at Gunston's house because God knows she knows how to look after him! ::)

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 08, 2015, 10:54:29 PM

Exactly, this!!! would they even have enough to field a team? Jesus christ tbag you talk a lot of shower lol

tbagrocks

Quote from: henry on May 08, 2015, 11:52:52 PM

How come, on what basis? Hasn't shown much yet, but has only been at the club for a couple of years and KPPs take time. Being a high pick he must have talent, as far as I see it only good can come from sewing him up for a couple more years.

Exactly, this!!! would they even have enough to field a team? Jesus christ tbag you talk a lot of shower lol
Nope, i'm sorry if you people still don't get it. Gunston dogged us! Wasn't like he was fringe or anything like Polec! He played a key role in a finals series and said

"shower I miss my mums cooking, I don't care that I live in one of the worlds great city's in the best country on the planet with a good team and loads of money. Im going to dog them and run home to mummy!"

henry

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 09, 2015, 01:21:48 PM

Nope, i'm sorry if you people still don't get it. Gunston dogged us! Wasn't like he was fringe or anything like Polec! He played a key role in a finals series and said

"shower I miss my mums cooking, I don't care that I live in one of the worlds great city's in the best country on the planet with a good team and loads of money. Im going to dog them and run home to mummy!"

Yes I get your point about Gunston, if you wanted him that much you could have tried harder to keep him.

What I don't get is why you bring this up in a thread about O'Brein. Your logic seems to be that because a player born in Victoria left Adelaide to go to Hawthorn, a player from South Australia should leave Hawthorn to go to Adelaide as some sort of revenge, even though he personally had nothing to do with Gunston? Right...

Not sure where you're getting 'key player in a finals series' from, he didn't play in a final with Adelaide? Unless you're talking about Hawthorn?

Also, would you be unhappy to get Aish? If as expected he returns to Adelaide after this year?

tbagrocks

Yes Tim should leave Hawthorn because at the same age he was, Gunston showed no respect at all a state away from home, but the Hawks were willing to accept such a person into their group!

Right so SpudGun didn't play for Adelaide he played against us in a Prelim, if the cock had have stayed it would've been the crows in a Grand final, making his decision to leave other than he missed his mummy, mute

But why should I care about that right? ???

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 09, 2015, 01:21:48 PM

wowee, you're pushing it there :p

henry

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 11, 2015, 03:45:38 PM
Yes Tim should leave Hawthorn because at the same age he was, Gunston showed no respect at all a state away from home, but the Hawks were willing to accept such a person into their group!

Right so SpudGun didn't play for Adelaide he played against us in a Prelim, if the cock had have stayed it would've been the crows in a Grand final, making his decision to leave other than he missed his mummy, mute

My god that logic....

"the Hawks were willing to accept such a person into their group". Yes, Hawthorn were willing and happy to accept someone who wanted to play for them, just like every club in the AFL does, including Adelaide. I say it again: Would you refuse to take/be unhappy with Aish if he were to come to Adelaide?

Also, end of 2013, Eddie Betts comes to Adelaide, you seem happy enough with him?

JBs-Hawks

Theres no point in arguing with crows supporters, they're always right!

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 11, 2015, 05:44:54 PM
Or more specifically... the man, the myth, the legend himself - tbag!  :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Nige on May 11, 2015, 07:21:33 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 11, 2015, 05:44:54 PM
Or more specifically... the man, the myth, the legend himself - tbag!  :P

Nah 90% of them

hawkboy80

Quote from: henry on May 11, 2015, 04:55:51 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on May 11, 2015, 03:45:38 PM

My god that logic....
+1

"the Hawks were willing to accept such a person into their group". Yes, Hawthorn were willing and happy to accept someone who wanted to play for them, just like every club in the AFL does, including Adelaide. I say it again: Would you refuse to take/be unhappy with Aish if he were to come to Adelaide?

Also, end of 2013, Eddie Betts comes to Adelaide, you seem happy enough with him?