America's DT XVIII: Official Trades thread 2016/2017 - Trade Period 1

Started by LF, August 05, 2016, 05:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

LA Kings Give - Daniel Menzel

Springfield Give - Sam Naismith

We are desperate for some ruck options and think Naismith has shown enough that he can hold down a spot in the team. Menzel is a loss, but we have a lot of fwd depth.

Rids to confirm

Rids

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 31, 2016, 12:33:29 PM
LA Kings Give - Daniel Menzel

Springfield Give - Sam Naismith

We are desperate for some ruck options and think Naismith has shown enough that he can hold down a spot in the team. Menzel is a loss, but we have a lot of fwd depth.

Rids to confirm

Confirmed. For some reason the last coach of the Isotopes thought it was a great idea to have 7 rucks on the list. Naismith has been great lately and is every chance to become the #1 at the Swans moving forward. Springfield likes Menzel though and think he fits what we are trying to achieve with the team refresh.

R.Griffen

Springfield give: Darcy Parish + Jack Hannath
For
Calgary give: Stef Martin

Rids to confirm

Rids

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 31, 2016, 03:01:35 PM
For

Rids to confirm

Confirmed.

We are really disappointed to lose Darcy Parish who we think is the next Joel Selwood for the next decade. But with Ceglar doing his ACL we needed to find a decent ruck. Stefan turns 30 in November so should still have another 2 to 3 years left. Griff asked for Hannath as well so we included him in the trade to level it out.

R.Griffen

Quote from: Rids on August 31, 2016, 03:05:21 PM
For

Rids to confirm

Confirmed.

We are really disappointed to lose Darcy Parish who we think is the next Joel Selwood for the next decade. But with Ceglar doing his ACL we needed to find a decent ruck. Stefan turns 30 in November so should still have another 2 to 3 years left. Griff asked for Hannath as well so we included him in the trade to level it out.
Through worry of Hannath getting the flick Nat 38 replaces him

Calgary give Stef Martin

Springfield give Nat 38 and Darcy Parish

Rids to confirm

Rids

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 31, 2016, 03:37:59 PM
Quote from: Rids on August 31, 2016, 03:05:21 PM
For

Rids to confirm

Confirmed.

Through worry of Hannath getting the flick Nat 38 replaces him

Calgary give Stef Martin

Springfield give Nat 38 and Darcy Parish

Rids to confirm

Confirmed with the same reasoning as per above.

Nige

Guadalajara give: Jasper Pittard + Paul Ahern
Bolivia give: Dom Sheed + Taylor Hunt

So Pittard's pretty damn good, but with Hooker coming back, we can probably afford to let him go. Bringing in Taylor Hunt who is a good DT scorer and should still be playing games for Richmond because his form in 2016 warranted it and if he doesn't, will be fringe and better than the blokes we currently have and recently lost (Fisher, Sauce). Sheed's a gun mid/fwd type and will be better than Ahern will ever be imo so I think the trade balances out well.

Marlon to confirm.

R.Griffen

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on August 31, 2016, 04:09:35 PM
Guadalajara give: Jasper Pittard + Paul Ahern
Bolivia give: Dom Sheed + Taylor Hunt

So Pittard's pretty damn good, but with Hooker coming back, we can probably afford to let him go. Bringing in Taylor Hunt who is a good DT scorer and should still be playing games for Richmond because his form in 2016 warranted it and if he doesn't, will be fringe and better than the blokes we currently have and recently lost (Fisher, Sauce). Sheed's a gun mid/fwd type and will be better than Ahern will ever be imo so I think the trade balances out well.

Marlon to confirm.

Confirmed!! Need Backline power!

R.Griffen

Calgary Give: Gary Ablett

Boliva Give: Nat Pick 6 + Zac Jones

Finally got my way into getting 1 of the big 6 in the draft plus got a nice little pick up in Zac Jones who should be playing regular footy but stuck at the swans. I'll be parting ways with Ablett I paid lots of for him I get a bit back but only playing a handful of games and another injury I have decided to move him on

PK to confirm

R.Griffen

Nicaragua give: Nat Pick 11 + Nat Pick 47
For
Calgary give: Leigh Montagna

Montagna was a blessing being forward eligible and helped me win another GF. Another first round draft pick and something at the back end to sweeten the deal was good for me

KB to confirm

Pkbaldy

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 31, 2016, 08:06:33 PM
Calgary Give: Gary Ablett

Boliva Give: Nat Pick 6 + Zac Jones

Finally got my way into getting 1 of the big 6 in the draft plus got a nice little pick up in Zac Jones who should be playing regular footy but stuck at the swans. I'll be parting ways with Ablett I paid lots of for him I get a bit back but only playing a handful of games and another injury I have decided to move him on

PK to confirm

Luckily for me, I drafted super well last season, so my need for top end talent is not really needed this draft. What I want to do is win next season, and taking the punt on the superstar who plays 6 games a year is a huge one, but if it pulls off, I can challenge for the flag.

Confirmed.

popedelio

Washington Gives: Trent McKenzie + RD 13
Hawaii Gives: RD 7

I'm happy letting McKenzie go and having a 2nd RD pick in the top 10 will allow me to get some identified targets. McKenzie alone isn't worth RD 7 so adding in RD 13 as a sweetener seems to even things out.

Ele to confirm

elephants

Quote from: popedelio on August 31, 2016, 09:17:50 PM
Washington Gives: Trent McKenzie + RD 13
Hawaii Gives: RD 7

I'm happy letting McKenzie go and having a 2nd RD pick in the top 10 will allow me to get some identified targets. McKenzie alone isn't worth RD 7 so adding in RD 13 as a sweetener seems to even things out.

Ele to confirm

Confirmed. Sticking with my trading plan of trading for players who I think have a lot of talent. Pope should suss a good player as the top 10 in rookies drafts tend to throw up some gems.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 31, 2016, 08:10:57 PM
Nicaragua give: Nat Pick 11 + Nat Pick 47
For
Calgary give: Leigh Montagna

Montagna was a blessing being forward eligible and helped me win another GF. Another first round draft pick and something at the back end to sweeten the deal was good for me

KB to confirm

conf