Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Sylvia

Get on at that price
7 (24.1%)
Not for me
22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

pinochio

at 315 almost 100k down from 2009 is it time to get Sylvia?

thx

thornz23

he hasnt shown enough to warrant getting him imo

jvalles

Yes if you want to take a high risk - high reward or fail.  Just know that if ur getting him in now its as a keeper and if you traded him back out coz he doesn't perform then you would be wasting a trade.

Justin Bieber

Looking at him myself. He is a good player but can cop the occasional tag. Has been quite a few games but also has games where he explodes.

Agree with jvalles. High risk, high reward. But for a fallen premium, should be worth the risk.

Crustynuts

Had him last year, a bit sceptical this year has been just OK since return.

inghsand

My plan with Sylvia is to have him on the mids bench. Being a dual positional player not only does he cover my mids but most of my forwards. I have Pav, Goodes, ROK, Ziebell in my forwards. Sylvia covers 4 forwards and 6 mids - and will usually score better than a rookie. Might actually put Ziebell on the bench and start Sylvia in the forwards.

jvalles

Quote from: inghsand on May 31, 2010, 06:09:15 PM
My plan with Sylvia is to have him on the mids bench. Being a dual positional player not only does he cover my mids but most of my forwards. I have Pav, Goodes, ROK, Ziebell in my forwards. Sylvia covers 4 forwards and 6 mids - and will usually score better than a rookie. Might actually put Ziebell on the bench and start Sylvia in the forwards.

I like the idea and I have toyed with it too, but then it just feels like 2 much money on the bench.

browny_wce

how much are u paying for him for a bench player?

chrisuzz

Quote from: browny_wce on May 31, 2010, 07:00:50 PM
how much are u paying for him for a bench player?
Quote from: pinochio on May 31, 2010, 04:24:40 PM
at 315 almost 100k down from 2009 is it time to get Sylvia?

thx
315k-100k=215k ;D :P

chatters24

Hell No!!
He is averaging 67 in his last 5 games. You may as well pick up Ballantyne who is averaging 66 in the last 5 rounds.

browny_wce

or go for kepler bradley

chatters24

I'm just mythed why people want to pick up someone who is only averaging 67 in the last 5 rounds at this time of the season. And the exact same thing went for Hargrave. People's reason's was because "they're cheap", well no dahh, it's because they're rubbish at the moment!

brodman_18

Wait for them to show something..... anyway the MPP is being abolished..... this trade won't do you any good

Cicjose

Quote from: brodman_18 on June 01, 2010, 10:37:48 AM
Wait for them to show something..... anyway the MPP is being abolished..... this trade won't do you any good

How and when is the MPP being abolished???

Banga

At a dirt cheap price compared to the start of the year, is anyone thinking about getting on.  Plays through the midfield and can move up forward to snag a few.

Against the Blues this week who could play a shut down role on him.