Geelong - Where to From Here/ List Changes for 2014

Started by DCAK, September 22, 2013, 08:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

I personally think that blicavs aerobic ability combined with his height makes him a bit of an enigma/ xfactor afl wise.

Vinny

With Simpson and HMac back next year, what does that mean for The Blitz?

Nige

I genuinely hope he gets a solid final year or two at another club if that's case, quality player.  8)

Rusty00

Bit sad If Chappy is leaving. Would of been good to see him stay as a one-club player.

Master Q

"According to Damien Barrett Geelong Cats's Paul Chapman has been offered a 10 match contract with the cats for 2014. However it appears as though Chapman will look for other options. Essendon Football Club have shown interest and it is believed Melbourne Football Club have aswell."

AFL Trade Talk - Facebook

Nige

You'd think he'd probably go to another club rather than play 10 matches.

Master Q

Quote from: NigeyS on September 29, 2013, 06:08:21 PM
You'd think he'd probably go to another club rather than play 10 matches.
I agree. This isn't the NBA or NFL  :P

Not sure why he'd want to go to Essendon. Any player for that matter.

Noz

Melbourne will pick him up

Imagine the impact Chappy will have on Sylvia. Kent and Byrnes will also benefit from having Chappy at the club.

specky92

I didn't realise a 10 match contract was a thing...  :o

Also Essendon might get chappy and Sylvia,  ;D

quinny88

My personal opinion is that Jpod, Hunt and probably Corey should retire. Chappy should play on, he is still a star and if he played against Hawthorn you would have won. Hmac comes in as the #1 ruck. Vardy moves to CHF, Blicavs is on the outer. Hopefully Hawkins can get his back right. Hawkins and Vardy could be a great forward combo for the next 10 years

part from that you are in really good shape. Bartel, Mackie, Kelly etc are still playing at the top of their game, the young players are developing nicely. No reason Geelong wont challenge again next year

Vinny

specky92

If he set the world on fire in his 10 matches kicking 30 goals and averaging 25 disposals what would they do then? Just offer him another 10?  :o

Master Q

Ziplock

does that mean when his 10 match contract is up he can get picked up by another club?

if not, then it shouldn't be a thing.