Main Menu

Geelongs Ageing List

Started by bunyip, September 19, 2010, 02:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Geelong haven't made a grand final without an Ablett since 1967. Clearly you have to get Luke Ablett out of retirement

Milton

What's everyone's take on Neil Balme's comments that Ablett ruined our draft .. shouldn't we had plan A in case he stayed and plan B just in case he left .. which he did ??

bunyip

Where the hell do you get this information from oss. And what made you think of it?
Maybe Gary Snr .should be our next coach.

bunyip

i wouldn't pay much attention to it. I haven't read that yet, but that would just be newspaper fodder. They all knew Gablett was leaving. 

roo boys!

Exactly, they knew he would go months in advance.

Milton

Quote from: roo boys! on October 10, 2010, 08:20:53 AM
Exactly, they knew he would go months in advance.

If they knew he was going months ago, why have they been so unprepared for trade week .. unprepared, unsighted, not to be seen, make that inept

WTF .. Scott Gullan has reported in today's Sun that Jeremy Laidler wants out to Carlton due to lack of opportunity .. if some of our older players don't retire or aren't moved on we're going to lose these good young kids .. Laidler is a very good youngster and we shouldn't let him go

Boomz

it's not surprising... He has been playing well & would get a game in almost any other team...

bunyip

You can't play everyone. I don't want these young players to go either, but I don't want to see players who have been champions for us sacked just to make way for them. There will always be good young players coming through. Geelong wasn't active in trade week because they don't want any mature age players. I totally agree with that.

Milton

Quote from: bunyip on October 11, 2010, 09:03:56 AM
You can't play everyone. I don't want these young players to go either, but I don't want to see players who have been champions for us sacked just to make way for them. There will always be good young players coming through. Geelong wasn't active in trade week because they don't want any mature age players. I totally agree with that.

Why wouldn't we chase a player like Mitch Clark .. (I know his contract is back ended but don't know the details) .. we sure as hell need a ruckman

It's all well and good to remain loyal but these players have had a good go as well .. Ablett left for his sake .. Thompson left for his sake .. Milburn wants to play on for his sake .. all fair enough but it should be about the club from now on and those in charge should make decisions, however hard they are, with that in mind

Cruiseon

You could of had either Cameron Cloke or Josh Fraser, don't say we down at Collingwood don't try and help.

roo boys!

Don't let Laidler go, he is worth plenty at the moment, and even more in the future.

McRooster

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 11, 2010, 01:45:30 PM

You could of had either Cameron Cloke or Josh Fraser, don't say we down at Collingwood don't try and help.
bahahahah!  ;D

bunyip

All I'm saying is you can't just sack good players for being 30 years old.

Cruiseon

I know this is dragging on Bunyip but you can clear the decks and not wait for good players to become average players. James McDonald is a good example & I think there is a danger of Ling playing one season too long and as captain dragging everyone down. I remember when that happened at Hawthorn with Vanderberg, wasn't in their best 25 and it was kind of sad.

Master Q

Good Point Cruise, you can't pick a player over another player just because they're captain.