AXV Rising Star & Team of the Week

Started by Toga, April 25, 2013, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

That was my thinking as well, Toga.

Really, the only rising star nominee who has gotten a game so far is O'Meara... and that's because he plays for a team who is aiming for future success (Bangkok Crabs). It's also harder on Toga to go around and check if the player is named for a team.

Toga

Yup, Ada just summed up my thoughts precisely! :)

Toga

EDIT: Bradley Hill (Vietnam) trumps Nick Vlastuin and Hayden Crozier for this week's nomination.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Toga on May 07, 2013, 09:31:57 AM
EDIT: Bradley Hill (Vietnam) trumps Nick Vlastuin and Hayden Crozier for this week's nomination.

What about Matt Jones (not sure who has him) or is he too old?

Toga

He's 25 so is ineligible. Gotta be under 21 and have started the season with under 10 games experience. :)

JBs-Hawks

If your doing it on who plays and scores well in the AFL and not AXV then how is it an AXV award its pretty much just another AFL rising star.

Why not someone under 21 and under 10 games of AXV experience, so all u21s this year.

Toga

Dunno if you guys know but CW has defined the Rising Star in the awards thread as:

QuoteRISING STAR (FIRST YEAR PLAYER WHO ACHIEVES THE HIGHEST AVERAGE SCORE OVER H&A SEASON)

All I'm doing in this thread is posting 'nominees' for the award, the simplest and most engaging way to do this imo is just the highest scoring RS eligible player for the round... Too much digging around to do it another way imo...

Is everyone against doing it my way or?

nrich102

Quote from: Toga on May 07, 2013, 05:16:04 PM
Dunno if you guys know but CW has defined the Rising Star in the awards thread as:

QuoteRISING STAR (FIRST YEAR PLAYER WHO ACHIEVES THE HIGHEST AVERAGE SCORE OVER H&A SEASON)

All I'm doing in this thread is posting 'nominees' for the award, the simplest and most engaging way to do this imo is just the highest scoring RS eligible player for the round... Too much digging around to do it another way imo...

Is everyone against doing it my way or?
I don't really have a problem with it, but By the rule there, any first year player can win, so Matt Jones can win it??

Toga

I'll leave that up to CW to decide that one, and I guess Matt Jones and Brett Goodes are in line to win it by the sounds of it, BUT for the nominations I'm just gonna do Rising Star eligibile players. :)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Toga on May 07, 2013, 07:32:50 PM
I'll leave that up to CW to decide that one, and I guess Matt Jones and Brett Goodes are in line to win it by the sounds of it, BUT for the nominations I'm just gonna do Rising Star eligibile players. :)
Actually I disagree!

If Brett Goodes is the best first year player, he should win! Just say'n!

An award for the best new AXV player makes more sence as a rising star!

Or a player blossoming like Chad Wingard, all these are rising stars

Toga

Sorry tbag, I meant these nominations are just basically highlighting a young player's performance on the weekend. CW's Rising Star Award will be awarded to the player he sees fit. ;)

Memphistopheles

Ablett's a first year player for the Dolphins...Surely he's a shoe-in then?

Toga

So by the looks of it Jack Viney (Turkey) is the frontrunner for the Rising Star nomination this week with 113... Anyone think they have a rookie that did better?

Nails

Quote from: Toga on May 13, 2013, 06:04:08 PM
So by the looks of it Jack Viney (Turkey) is the frontrunner for the Rising Star nomination this week with 113... Anyone think they have a rookie that did better?

What if your entire team play like rookies?

Toga

Haha well if they are under 21 and have under 17 games experience then yes, I can include them. :P

But did any of them score above 113? ;D