Main Menu

Brisbane Player Re-signings.

Started by Ringo, September 16, 2014, 10:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

I heard he hasn't asked to leave yet cause he wants to go to a team still in the finals. Still, I'm hopeful that he will stay.

powersuperkents

Quote from: nrich102 on September 25, 2015, 03:25:51 PM
I heard he hasn't asked to leave yet cause he wants to go to a team still in the finals. Still, I'm hopeful that he will stay.
North Melbourne or Hawthorn?

He wont get games in either side... Better chance in North than Hawthorn though but I don't think North will want him until Harvey & NDS retire

Ringo

Rumours maybe Hawks but his current attitude does not lend credence to someone who is going

powersuperkents

I would say Aish is over 95% likely to stay.

The likely loss of Redden has obviously made the Lion's board realise they don't have time for this kid (is still yet to make a decision) and he's becoming an inconvenience.

The reported ultimatum is resign or go back to the draft (it's tough because it looks like no Victorian teams are interested in the kid) and the Hawks have stated they won't be major players in this year's trading period.

It would be prudent for him to resign at this point - doesn't want to end up like Henderson

Football Factory

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-10-01/aish-wont-be-traded

Great to see the club starting to dictate terms especially after the go home 5,

Ringo

Have updated OP with contracts expiry for most on list including new contracts signed.  Have not heard anything about the draftees in italics but suspect all will renew.  Also nothing about Bewick either. If someone has infor on any of theses let me know. 

Ringo

Lets start the ball rolling with 2016 Contract renewals

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-12-07/martin-resigns

Big Stef for 3 years great start keep them coming some 21 off contract in 2016

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on December 07, 2015, 10:47:45 AM

That's a great signature to get. Has become one of the gun ruckman of the comp the past 2 years

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 07, 2015, 12:01:31 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 07, 2015, 10:47:45 AM

That's a great signature to get. Has become one of the gun ruckman of the comp the past 2 years
Agree must have sorted out issues with his partner to sign for 3 years great news and waiting for 12:30

Good things come in threes! More to come at 12:30pm #staytuned

Ringo

and No 2

Pearce Hanley has extended his contract to 2019

and no 3
Mitch Robinson has extended contract to 2018.

powersuperkents

This is all great news for the Lions

I just cannot help but think that Daniel Rich will be the big one this season (not too many teams will be after him, but I could see Fremantle aggressively making a play for him).

However, I think Rich will remain a Lion beyond 2016 and would not be surprised if he re-signed in the near future

Ringo

Lions have promised more re-signings before Christmas so we wait and see. The Big ones being Rich, Zorko, Mayes, Paparone, Taylor and Green.

brodman_18

I actually don't think we need all of: Chrsitensen, Zorko, Taylor and Green.
Anyone else agree?

nrich102

Quote from: brodman_18 on December 07, 2015, 09:44:51 PM
I actually don't think we need all of: Chrsitensen, Zorko, Taylor and Green.
Anyone else agree?

Yes and no. I don't think having them all is a necessity, but I'd much rather have them than not have them. I think we want them all for different reasons. Bundy has more experience than most others in the team, I think Zorkos in the leadership group, Greens been up the top of the goal kicking at the club for the past couple of seasons, although that probably says more about the team than Green :P, and Squizzy will be one of the best in the competition in the next couple of years.

I'd much rather have them all than not.