Ultimate Team AFL: Discussion + Banter thread

Started by Spite, March 07, 2016, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Discussion;

At this stage I can only plan for this comp to go on for this season as I will be unsure if I have the time to do it next year. If nothing changes with my work/uni life, I would like to continue this onwards to next year.

Because of the uncertainty, I will work out a fair price to "buy back" all the cards and give everyone large sums of gold in return at the end of the season.

Think of this as a trial season, if I were to do it again the following year, I would change some things and put in plan a place for a longer term game instead of a season long game. (So in the future the cards would carry over to the next year and the tiers would indeed change)

If anyone can think of a better solution to this issue, I am all ears!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banter;

Let the Banter begin! TomK off to a hot start. Who has the best/worst teams so far? (I will do the rest of the packs soon, just caught up at work!)

Holz

Brad crouch the first platinum player pretty stoked with that.

Looking real good

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Holz on March 07, 2016, 09:22:21 PM
Brad crouch the first platinum player pretty stoked with that.

Looking real good

Pfft, Matty Crouch is the future pig of DT :P

fanTCfool

I noticed quite a few rucks were dished out early, pretty happy to have one of them

Spite

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 07, 2016, 09:27:25 PM
I noticed quite a few rucks were dished out early, pretty happy to have one of them

I made sure it selected a random silver ruckman in everyones starting 3 packs

Spite

I would suggest that you guys save up bronze/silver cards to trade them in for silver/gold cards or that you sell them for gold for more packs/auction, as long as you can name a team. This will keep your lists shorter and will be easier to maintain plus you really want to have a full gold team with special +5 cards or better if you can
(but don't keep them too short, hold onto those streaky or break out players!!!)

Pkbaldy

Pk's Best VIII:

Def: Elliot Yeo, Sharrod Wellingham
Mid: Anthony Miles, Lewis Jetta, Tendai Mzungu
Ruck: Billy Longer
Fwd: Sam Kerridge, Nick Kommer

Fairly happy with this at the current moment. Happy with my defense and very happy with Kerridge, I think he could easily be Silver or even Gold value! Also will use Home Ground Advantage week 1 to hopefully boost my chances of topping week 1.

Spite

Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 07, 2016, 10:28:24 PM

Pk's Best IX:

Def: Elliot Yeo, Sharrod Wellingham
Mid: Anthony Miles, Lewis Jetta, Tendai Mzungu
Ruck: Billy Longer
Fwd: Sam Kerridge, Nick Kommer

Fairly happy with this at the current moment. Happy with my defense and very happy with Kerridge, I think he could easily be Silver or even Gold value! Also will use Home Ground Advantage week 1 to hopefully boost my chances of topping week 1.

You certainly changed your fortunes around very quickly with a smart trade in and some good luck in your latest pack!

Spite

What are peoples thoughts about limit this game to 10 people (currently there is 10) for now?

PS I basically had to halve the odds I listed in the rules because it was pumping out Golds in every pack before that. I'll update it pre-round to show exactly what the new % are (but it's basically half of what it was before)

fanTCfool

10 to me feels like a pretty good number for a competition in its First Year to me whilst we sort out any issues that may arise, and if it works nicely this year, it could be expanded for more teams in future.

Spite

Quote from: fanTCfool on March 07, 2016, 11:32:01 PM
10 to me feels like a pretty good number for a competition in its First Year to me whilst we sort out any issues that may arise, and if it works nicely this year, it could be expanded for more teams in future.

Yep my thoughts exactly. I won't be able to get everything right this year, all about learning what works and what doesn't. I already found my % were all wrong and that it is also quite hard for people to get a starting team out. I may need to increase prize money at the end of every round too but will have to wait and see how it works.

Ricochet

fanTCfool

Quote from: Spite on March 07, 2016, 11:40:47 PM

Yep my thoughts exactly. I won't be able to get everything right this year, all about learning what works and what doesn't. I already found my % were all wrong and that it is also quite hard for people to get a starting team out. I may need to increase prize money at the end of every round too but will have to wait and see how it works.

I'm happy to test extra prize money  ;D

Levi434

Remember that there will be auctions people! So don't spend your money too fast!  ;)

Spite

Quote from: Levi434 on March 08, 2016, 12:53:46 AM
Remember that there will be auctions people! So don't spend your money too fast!  ;)

Maybe they are spending their money to win a better round prize so that they can outbid you?  ;D  ;)