Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 25, 2017, 10:47:12 PM
Quote from: Toga on June 25, 2017, 10:23:05 PM
I wanna see BenKen get another continued opportunity in the 1's, seems to be dominating in the 2's as always but just can't get a consistent run at it in the big league. Mainly for WXVs more than anything but I'm a fan of his :P

It's a pretty grim outlook for him IMO. He's a good player sure, but he doesn't damage enough with his kicks and he's unfortunate that ANB, Harmes, Kent (also stuck at Casey), Bugg and Petracca play basically the same role as him. Could even put Brayshaw and maybe Stretch and Hannan in that category too  :-\

Still, he was the carry over emergency the other day, so he's close.
Bugg is pretty much the new Hayden Ballantyne, loves a seagull goal and a chirp.

Toga

I wanna see BenKen get another continued opportunity in the 1's, seems to be dominating in the 2's as always but just can't get a consistent run at it in the big league. Mainly for WXVs more than anything but I'm a fan of his :P

It's a pretty grim outlook for him IMO. He's a good player sure, but he doesn't damage enough with his kicks and he's unfortunate that ANB, Harmes, Kent (also stuck at Casey), Bugg and Petracca play basically the same role as him. Could even put Brayshaw and maybe Stretch and Hannan in that category too  :-\

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. He's a bit cursed in that Melbourne is fairly blessed with depth in that midfielder/forward position, will be interesting to see what happens going forwards.. When is he contracted till? Likelihood of him searching for more opportunity elsewhere?

Although already being at his second club it would be interesting to see how much interest there is for him among other teams.

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on June 25, 2017, 11:36:54 PM

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. He's a bit cursed in that Melbourne is fairly blessed with depth in that midfielder/forward position, will be interesting to see what happens going forwards.. When is he contracted till? Likelihood of him searching for more opportunity elsewhere?

Although already being at his second club it would be interesting to see how much interest there is for him among other teams.

I believe he signed a 3 year contract when he came over. I think this is his second year, so he has 1 more IIRC

elephants

I laid face down on the floor of my living room for 20 minutes after the siren on Saturday night.

Well done lads, Jack Viney is something else. Insane, give us Jones because Viney is better with the sole capt :P

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on June 26, 2017, 03:03:09 PM
I laid face down on the floor of my living room for 20 minutes after the siren on Saturday night.

Well done lads, Jack Viney is something else. Insane, give us Jones because Viney is better with the sole capt :P

Had the game ended a minute earlier, I would have too  :-[

Haha, I was pleased with Viney and kinda surprised tbh, because I've been sporting much of the year hashtags like

#NotMyCaptain
#JonesAlwaysMyCaptain

But... credit where credit is due, I was blown away by him!

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 26, 2017, 05:57:50 PM

Haha, I was pleased with Viney and kinda surprised tbh, because I've been sporting much of the year hashtags like

#NotMyCaptain
#JonesAlwaysMyCaptain

And surely he was blown away after the game as well

Purple 77

Quote from: GoLions on June 26, 2017, 06:06:40 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 26, 2017, 05:57:50 PM

#NotMyCaptain
#JonesAlwaysMyCaptain

And surely he was blown away after the game as well

Heh  :P

Purple 77

Brayshaw getting through unscathed in the VFL last night :D but even better, seemed to have had a good game with 23 disposals :)

Purple 77

Lever talks starting to get noticeable...

Personally though, don't even feel an ounce of excitement yet. Media has proven to BS merchants for a long time.

Big Mac

Still concerned with making finals this year, haven't even thought about the offseason

I'm pretty confident we'll land someone though, just not sure who yet

Nige

Corey Maynard debuting this week plus Bernie and Chunk back in for you guys is pretty big, a shame Hogan is out.

Purple 77

Maynard! The Petracca look-a-like!

Been putting up some big numbers in the VFL for some time now, I'm led to believe he was starting to hit targets with them only in the last month :P

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 23, 2017, 01:01:23 PM
Brayshaw getting through unscathed in the VFL last night :D but even better, seemed to have had a good game with 23 disposals :)

And he's back! Confirmed in this week

Purple 77

Gus bus!

Also, totally agree RE: dropping Watts. I know we need to protect this guy, but in all seriousness, I believe Weideman would offer more than Watts has in the past 3 games

Purple 77

Oh, I knew there was a reason of why I love you Jess.