Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

you can feel the pain coming from this bloke

Purple 77

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on May 10, 2017, 06:22:11 PM
you can feel the pain coming from this bloke

Yeah you definitely can, and this was the letter I was referring to. He just had a 'fed up' moment.

Although he actually has some points RE: JKH and the culture of bad kicking being acceptable, I hope that once he calmed down he'll be able to see where we are at.

Big Mac

It's been okay for the hand we've been dealt. Clearly there are still some issues with consistency, our best is still incredibly far from our worst, and I think a lot of that comes from there being so much youth in the team and a lack of on field leadership. From what i've seen so far clearly this year isn't going to be our year, but I can still see that we have the talent to beat any team on our day.

elephants

Hey lads, did ANB play VFL last week? Or was he kept out as an emergency?

Any chance he comes back in this week? Finding the pill is not the problem, decision making/disposal/skill execution appears to be more of a problem here.

kilbluff1985

The Demons face a tough road trip to Adelaide to face the Crows after one of their most disappointing performances of the season against Hawthorn. Midfielder Jake Melksham would have been a chance for an instant recall after gathering 30 disposals in the VFL. However, he is set to accept a one-match sanction for two separate incidents in the Casey Demons' game against Werribee. The Demons' forward half is in need of a rejig, with Alex Neal-Bullen and Dean Kent both in line to return to the senior side. Neal-Bullen did not play at any level last weekend after being held over as an emergency. Kent's speed and aggressiveness inside forward 50 has been a missing element in Melbourne's forward line. Billy Stretch (25 disposals) was again consistent throughout, while Ben Kennedy (26) and Jack Trengove (22) turned in strong showings. - Ben Guthrie

Capper

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 10, 2017, 05:37:24 PM
LOL @ this letter sent from a Melb member to Goodwin

Whyat are demons fans worried about? It almost snow season, they should be waxing their skis in preparation

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on May 11, 2017, 03:57:12 PM
Hey lads, did ANB play VFL last week? Or was he kept out as an emergency?

Any chance he comes back in this week? Finding the pill is not the problem, decision making/disposal/skill execution appears to be more of a problem here.

Yeah as KB says, he was the carry over.

I expect him to play VFL this week, given Kent & Stretch have made their case heard this week. Even rumors that Jack Trengove might be selected this week  :o

Purple 77

As I said

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 10, 2017, 03:47:26 PM
I've never seen a greater disparity between imminent talent and results.

We do what we did tonight, but lose to Hawthorn and Fremantle with little adversity  ::)

It's a rollercoaster... but flower, the highs feel particularly good

Purple 77

Votes by both coaches for the 6th time in 8 games.

ADELAIDE v MELBOURNE
10 Jack Viney (Melb)
8 Michael Hibberd (Melb)
5 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
5 Christian Petacca (Melb)
2 Bernie Vince (Melb)

AFLCA LEADERBOARD
43 Elliot Yeo (WC)
42 Rory Sloane (Adel)
36 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
32 Gary Ablett (GC)
31 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
31 Sebastian Ross (StK)
31 Joel Selwood (Geel)
29 Ollie Wines (PA)
27 Marc Murphy (Carl)
27 Jack Steven (StK)

... must... resist... avatar change... Jesse, you need a haul, and fast!

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 15, 2017, 09:39:25 PM
... must... resist... avatar change... Jesse, you need a haul, and fast!

Oliver and Hogan are ok but honestly i dont know how you have resisted this one

Purple 77

Hah!

To be fair, he looks completely different to his on-field look. I almost didn't recognise him.

Purple 77

This photo I nabbed totally by chance last year is actually starting to get weight behind it :P

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 15, 2017, 10:05:57 PM
This photo I nabbed totally by chance last year is actually starting to get weight behind it :P

hahahaha, alot of weight! Gawn will struggle getting back in the team ;)

Capper

Purple 77

Quote from: Capper on May 16, 2017, 02:00:33 PM
Terrible news about Hogan this morning

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-16/jesse-hogan-dignosed-with-testicular-cancer

Yeah the news hit me for 6 this morning. What an unbelievably crappy month he has had  :'(

Just so glad that it looks likely that he'll recover fairly quickly, especially for his family.