Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Its old school .. I like it

Barra13

The other interesting thing to note, is lead singer of Dallas Crane actually works for Melbourne and designed the new emblem.

Toga

Barra13

For just a bit of fun I thought I would play around with an under 24 team. I tried to do a 23 but was stretching the back line to that it was almost unrealistic. For what its worth the 24 yr old players are Melksham, Watts and Trengove. A lot of talent working through. Managed to come up with this;

Back: Frost, OMcDonald, Bugg
HB: Salem, TMcDonald, Melksham
Mid: Trengove, Harmes, Tyson
HF: Petracca, Watts, vandenBerg
Fwd: Kent, Hogan, JKH
Ruck: Gawn, Viney, Brayshaw
Bench: Kennedy, Newton, Stretch, ANB

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on November 20, 2015, 07:47:55 PM
For just a bit of fun I thought I would play around with an under 24 team. I tried to do a 23 but was stretching the back line to that it was almost unrealistic. For what its worth the 24 yr old players are Melksham, Watts and Trengove. A lot of talent working through. Managed to come up with this;

This makes me happy.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 22, 2015, 04:35:59 PM

This makes me happy.

this is why I would think about Francis in the draft.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on November 24, 2015, 05:00:10 PM

This makes me happy.

Totally agree!

Big Mac

This makes me happy.

A forward was still definitely the priority. 3 tall defenders in that side but only 1 key forward.

Holz

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 24, 2015, 09:59:50 PM

This makes me happy.

A forward was still definitely the priority. 3 tall defenders in that side but only 1 key forward.

agree was hoping you would get Francis and Weideman then would be set. Oscar Mcdonald not really a key defender. Either is francis really so its just Frost and Tmac.

Big Mac

Quote from: Holz on November 25, 2015, 03:18:20 PM

This makes me happy.

agree was hoping you would get Francis and Weideman then would be set. Oscar Mcdonald not really a key defender. Either is francis really so its just Frost and Tmac.

Why don't you think he will be a key defender?

From the outside it seems like they're developing him as one

Holz

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 25, 2015, 04:01:34 PM

This makes me happy.

to me he was always best places as a rebounding defender. He isnt like tmac he is better taking intercept marks and can kick well on both feet (despite his clanger in his nervous afl games)

Definitely can't see him as a FB or CHB. 3rd man up is definately possible so if you count that as a key defender then he could be. Definately wouldnt want him standing next to a big forward trying to take him one on one like Tmac can do.

Big Mac

Quote from: Holz on November 25, 2015, 04:22:50 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on November 25, 2015, 04:01:34 PM

This makes me happy.

to me he was always best places as a rebounding defender. He isnt like tmac he is better taking intercept marks and can kick well on both feet (despite his clanger in his nervous afl games)

Definitely can't see him as a FB or CHB. 3rd man up is definately possible so if you count that as a key defender then he could be. Definately wouldnt want him standing next to a big forward trying to take him one on one like Tmac can do.

makes sense. I agree that being a key defender probably won't be his role in the side, but i think he is/will be capable of it

Gigantor

Greetings Melbourne Experts  :P

I'm seeking some info on Sam Frost as I haven't seen much of him over the last couple of years

If fit is he best 22?

What is his best position?

Would he be used as a ruck chop out for big Max?

And finally, because its what this research is mainly about, with his DPP could he score enough to be fantasy relevant this year? (especially as a R3)

Thanks in advance guys!

Big Mac

Quote from: Gigantor on January 21, 2016, 10:43:28 PM
Greetings Melbourne Experts  :P

I'm seeking some info on Sam Frost as I haven't seen much of him over the last couple of years

If fit is he best 22?

What is his best position?

Would he be used as a ruck chop out for big Max?

And finally, because its what this research is mainly about, with his DPP could he score enough to be fantasy relevant this year? (especially as a R3)

Thanks in advance guys!

Yes he is best 22, best position is full-back but his pace means he can play elsewhere

Honestly don't know if he can be used as a ruck chop out for Max, Frost's ruck work leaves a lot to be desired and as we saw last year Max still has a bit of work to do on his tank (will have to wait and see how much it has improved this pre-season), meaning that Frost would probably have to do 20+% of the rucking

Either way though, I can't see him being fantasy relevant. As a forward he would mainly be there for his pressure acts and to provide a target for guys like Kent/Garlett to clean up after, and as a key defender I couldn't see his score improving much either

Bear in mind that he is also still in the rehab group at training

Barra13

At training he has been doing a bit of work with the forwards and I think he is being groomed for that CHF/backup ruck role as Pedo and Dawes are getting on a bit.