Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Why wouldn't you give him a four year deal? I said earlier I'd give the lad 4 to come West. I think he's brutally underrated and would be a tasty addition to the Dees if the Crows cant hold him!

TomK

I'd give it to him in a heartbeat. No idea why the club won't.

Toga

Seems like a strange decision for the Crows to only give him two... He's the perfect third tall forward and it's not as if he's old or anything...

Purple 77

Think I detached myself from that embarrassment pretty well, but saw this post in DL and it's something I've said at least once each and every year:

QuoteI no longer want to have this negative emotional force as part of my life, FFS there is enough carp to put up with in life
But I absolutely love footy
The idea of changing clubs makes me sick to my stomach, I couldn't do it
I actually wish we would fold, that way we all have no choice but to move on, and forget the red and blue
Block it out like a repressed emeory and pretend it never happened
Will never be the same though, supporting someone else.. it's not linked to my family and my childhood
How friggin depressing

... Demonland is hurting, actually. There is more hurt than than abuse. The number of posts and activity is going down too.

I guess I'm not going through that "flower the world" phase at the moment, because I semi-expected and braced for that result. I  guess I'm getting a little numb with the club.

Barra13

Honestly, I don't get that sad when losses come. But I am super happy when the wins do come.

I'm looking forward to the off season. The last couple of years the recruiting has been pretty good and I am keen to see what the club can do this time around and get rid of some of the dead wood like Terlich, Mckenzie, Jamar etc etc.

Side note: Nate Jones 200th this weekend.

Nige

Honestly don't think you guys have done too badly this season.

Yes, there have been some shocking efforts but you've always had some really good performances as well.

If you can keep making changes to the list and manage to get somebody like a Tom T Lynch in, you'll definitely be even more competitive next season, given the younger guys like Hogan, Brayshaw will have another preseason under their belts.

Toga

Quote from: Nige on August 25, 2015, 12:23:18 PM
Honestly don't think you guys have done too badly this season.

Yes, there have been some shocking efforts but you've always had some really good performances as well.

If you can keep making changes to the list and manage to get somebody like a Tom T Lynch in, you'll definitely be even more competitive next season, given the younger guys like Hogan, Brayshaw will have another preseason under their belts.

Not to mention a certain Christian Petracca coming into the side!

Barra13

It would be handy having some of the players back that are missing that are arguable best 22. Pedersen, Trengove, Kent, vandenBerg, Frost and even Petracca as you said. They might sound like nobodies to some, but they change the whole dynamic of the team. Happy that Salem is back, everytime it was in his hands he did something decent with it. Delivered it lace out a couple of times in the F50.

Unfortunately the performances against the lower teams have been terrible. But, there have been some decent wins along the way. From what I know Goodwin will be in the coaches box next year and Roos will take a bit of a back seat role.

tbagrocks

Tommy Lynch for Jimmy Toumpas, anyone else thinking this one?

I like Tommy but we have Lowden, McGovern and Harry Dear kicking goals in the SANFL. Plus the Pod with 9 last week but he'll retire, wont he? ???

TomK

elephants

Barra13

Sounds like a good deal. I accept your offer. 8)

Shall I let Roosy know we have come to an agreement? ;D

Purple 77

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 25, 2015, 05:11:46 PM
Tommy Lynch for Jimmy Toumpas, anyone else thinking this one?

I like Tommy but we have Lowden, McGovern and Harry Dear kicking goals in the SANFL. Plus the Pod with 9 last week but he'll retire, wont he? ???

OH PLEASE TAKE TOUMPAS!

That deal will make me cry for joy.

My Chumps

Quote from: Barra13 on August 25, 2015, 04:16:37 PM
It would be handy having some of the players back that are missing that are arguable best 22. Pedersen, Trengove, Kent, vandenBerg, Frost and even Petracca as you said. They might sound like nobodies to some, but they change the whole dynamic of the team.
Absolutely they do. It's not the top players that are going to change this stark contrast between best and worst, it's the bottom six that need to find consistency.

Mat0369

I think your fan base just needs to chill out. You guys are effectively in year 2 of a rebuild under Roos. Teams in this stage of a rebuild generally don't seem to win games they are favourite to win.

We basically went through the same thing at Carlton (and about to go through it again), even post Kreuzer cup when Juddy came over were still losing games we were favorites in. We lost to Richmond to open the 08 season and the Bombers a couple of times (who finished beneath us).

You guys have beat Richmond, Collingwood, Bulldogs and Geelong in Geelong yet you are still so disillusioned? It's a young group, they aren't going to be up every week, it's impossible and to think otherwise is unrealistic. Even the invincible Hawks have lost games they would have gone in favorites to win this year against the Dons, Giants and Port x2. Roos wants to instill defensive structures into this team much like the Hawks did under Clarko early on or Ross did with the Saints. McCartney spent his time at the Dogs doing the same thing and Luke Beveridge has come in, tweaked it a bit and added the offensive side this season, Simmo has built the system at the Eagles last season and added the offensive side this year. With a younger group it takes more time, Goodwin will start to add some offensive flair to the game style next season and you will continue to see improvement.

Barra has the right approach, take the wins as they come and enjoy the improvement of the group. Guys like Hogan, Brayshaw, McDonald, Salem, Viney and so on keep growing and improving. Look at Bernie's season? You guys haven't even had Petracca play yet. Seeing how angry your supporters were before the game even started and then during the game, you guys need to realise where you're at. You have basically had to go and gut the list again after Neeld and the turnover is in process. They are on the right track, just take a deep breath and enjoy the process. Yes I know you guys have probably had enough considering it has been a long time since you have had sustained success, but you can't cut corners or you end up like Carlton (thanks Mick). It could always be worse, you could be Essendon.