Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 19, 2015, 04:51:59 PM
Quote from: Barra13 on August 19, 2015, 04:49:21 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 19, 2015, 03:57:25 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 19, 2015, 03:52:14 PM
Quote from: Barra13 on August 19, 2015, 10:49:47 AM
Not sure if your are taking the piss or not being a North supporter?

RB has been a big Pedersen fan from day one, I'd be surprised if he highlighted anyone else :P

any north reject is probably good enough to make the dees.

:'(

Don't be sad Barra  :P We got a serviceable kpf, and they took Gysberts from us! Almost like a double win!

Barra13

Melbourne injury list: round 21

Jack Fitzpatrick (concussion) â€" test
Neville Jetta (neck) â€" test
Dean Kent (hamstring) â€" available
Max King (hamstring) â€" 1 week
Cameron Pedersen (wrist) â€" season
Christian Petracca (knee) â€" season
Christian Salem (illness) â€" available
Jimmy Toumpas (concussion) â€" 1 week
Jack Trengove (foot) â€" season
Dom Tyson (hamstring) â€" test
Aaron vandenBerg (ankle) â€" season

Big Mac

Tyson and Salem back this week would be nice

Hopefully Kent can get some game time in

roo boys!

Purps has hit the nail on the head, I'm a massive Pedersen fan! Great set of hands and I love to see him doing what Chris Dawes can't do for the Dees. Not to be harsh, but it gives me a reason to watch Melbourne games

Was a favourite at North but I understood letting him go, unlike Greenwood though I have always wanted to see Pedo do well

Barra13

B: Grimes O McDonald Pattinson
HB: Munro Hutchins Terlich
C: Newton Riley Brayshaw
HF: Kennedy-Harris Smith Bail
F: Page Rennie Papley*
FOLL: Jamar M Jones Neal-Bullen
I/C (from): Anderson Byrnes Corrigan Gent Kent Kielty McKenzie Morris Muir Spencer Walmsley White K Wilson

Big Mac

1116 SEN Footy ‏@SENfooty
@RobWaters10 saying Tom Lynch is considering a 4 year offer from the Demons #AFLCrowsLions
2:53 AM - 22 Aug 2015

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 23, 2015, 10:14:48 AM
@RobWaters10 saying Tom Lynch is considering a 4 year offer from the Demons #AFLCrowsLions

Eh. I doubt it.

As long as we don't give up that much, sure? Why not.

I assume that's the Crows Lynch?

Toga

He would be a decent pick up! Is one of the better players for scores and score involvements at the Crows, worth a punt if the price isn't too high

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on August 23, 2015, 10:48:23 AM
He would be a decent pick up! Is one of the better players for scores and score involvements at the Crows, worth a punt if the price isn't too high

I kinda think getting another midfielder with say, the second rounder he might cost, would be a more appropriate move for us is all. We have the big fellas, but we need more skill in the midfield.

But, he's a good player, and we definitely need those. So I won't say no to him.

Barra13

A PLACE IN THE SPRINGTIME SUN by KC from Casey

A dominant second half by the Casey Scorpions against a desperate Coburg at Pirhana Park has secured them a place in the Peter Jackson VFL finals series. The victory came after the team had a bright opening but squandered a four goal first quarter lead to trail by 20 points at the main break.

The game demanded a backs to the wall performance and the team produced just that in the final two quarters. Four weeks ago Casey was sitting pretty with prospects of finishing in the top four but injuries and reversals of form had left them in a precarious position.

Skipper Evan Panozza and beanpole Jack Fitzpatrick had been the glue that kept the team's defence together for most of the year but were now missing as were leading goal kickers Max King and Jayden Hunt who had been instrumental in the mid season surge. The team was down to just ten Demon listed players including Dean Kent who was lacking match fitness after he badly injured his hamstring in the Anzac Eve game v Richmond and playing ½ a game in the development league four weeks earlier. He was used sparingly in the hope that he can add to the team's playing stocks in the finals.

As it happened, the Scorps were able to make do with using twin tower ruckmen in Jake Spencer and Mark Jamar to kick goals while resting up forward. They were simply too tall and too strong for the Coburg defence and between them, they booted seven goals. Key forward Tim Smith made a timely return after missing most of the last half of the season. He had a purple patch in the first quarter booting three goals and then bobbed up with another in the third when the comeback was on.

It was still a very inexperienced team with three players Jackson Anderson, Sean Corrigan and Matthew Rennie coming in for the first time this year. Between them they have played a handful of senior games.

Perhaps it was the youth and inexperience or perhaps it was the flatness of the Demon-listed players after a tough campaign but the team simply stopped running in the second quarter and all the momentum went the way of the enthusiastic Lions who knew they had to win this and next week's final round game to displace the visitors from the finals but it was all one way traffic as they piled on six goals six behinds to two points to push the Scorpions to the brink of the abyss.

However, it must have been something Justin Plapp said because a different breed of Scorpion came out of the sheds at half time. It was Spencer's quarter with the opening goal and another vital one in a six goal to two spree that had them in from with a goal to Rennie on the siren. The experience of veteran midfielders in McKenzie and Jones and the steadiness of Dean Terlich were invaluable in turning the tide in Casey's favour.

Then it was the turn of another youngster in the form of the team's lucky charm 23rd player, Tom Papley, who was handy in a couple of wins early last month in the middle of the team's mid season winning streak that put it in finals contention in the first place. His goal to open the final stanza was critical and was followed by two each to the big blokes and it was all over - mission accomplished and the Scorpions were headed towards the finals and a place in the springtime sun.

Barra13

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 23, 2015, 11:12:16 AM
Quote from: Toga on August 23, 2015, 10:48:23 AM

I kinda think getting another midfielder with say, the second rounder he might cost, would be a more appropriate move for us is all. We have the big fellas, but we need more skill in the midfield.

But, he's a good player, and we definitely need those. So I won't say no to him.

They can have Toumpas back for him.

Barra13

Have actually been watching him pretty close all year since I had him from the start in my DT. He is actually a decent player. Gets all over the ground, kicks goals, drifts across to take marks in the back line and can pinch hit in the ruck. Would be a handy addition.

TomK

Quote from: Barra13 on August 24, 2015, 10:43:52 AM

Have actually been watching him pretty close all year since I had him from the start in my DT. He is actually a decent player. Gets all over the ground, kicks goals, drifts across to take marks in the back line and can pinch hit in the ruck. Would be a handy addition.
He's a gun. One of the hardest workers in the AFL.

He wants to stay at the Crows but we are only offering two years which is an absolute joke. We give spuds like Mackay four year extensions and for some reason we're only giving Lynch two at the moment. He wants the security which is why he is thinking about the Melbourne offer. If we don't up our offer and keep him, I will lose faith in this club and whatever idiot(s) won't give him 3-4 years.

edit: He is also #1 in the AFL for Goal Assists.

Barra13

Yeah I read it was the years that was the issue. From what I understand, Melbourne offered 3 years earlier, but have since upped it to 4 years. He must be really thinking about it.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: TomK on August 24, 2015, 12:53:54 PM
Quote from: Barra13 on August 24, 2015, 10:43:52 AM

He's a gun. One of the hardest workers in the AFL.

He wants to stay at the Crows but we are only offering two years which is an absolute joke. We give spuds like Mackay four year extensions and for some reason we're only giving Lynch two at the moment. He wants the security which is why he is thinking about the Melbourne offer. If we don't up our offer and keep him, I will lose faith in this club and whatever idiot(s) won't give him 3-4 years.

edit: He is also #1 in the AFL for Goal Assists.

Yeah I've always liked him. Shame we got rid of him for peanuts. Stupid you won't give him a 4 year deal...