Main Menu

Changes to the Swans for next year

Started by Capper, August 02, 2013, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: tabs on September 03, 2013, 11:40:29 AM
regarding Mummy

News im hearing is that he is holding off till the end of the season but will take a shorter contract.

So he could take the 2 yr contract that has been offered to him by the Swans. Bit imo he will be playing the games of his life in coming weeks to extend that contract further
and it appears that he will re-sign
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-04/swans

stew42

Quote from: tabs on September 04, 2013, 02:10:00 PM
Quote from: tabs on September 03, 2013, 11:40:29 AM
regarding Mummy

News im hearing is that he is holding off till the end of the season but will take a shorter contract.

So he could take the 2 yr contract that has been offered to him by the Swans. Bit imo he will be playing the games of his life in coming weeks to extend that contract further
and it appears that he will re-sign
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-04/swans
"Resign" is the worst word in this forum...

Capper

Capper

so much for the no d1ckhead policy at the swans

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/heath-shaws-elimination-final-meltdown-is-likely-to-see-him-traded-by-collingwood/story-fndv8g1a-1226717116982

QuoteShaw still wants to stay at the Pies and is contracted until the end of 2015 but is being strongly linked to Sydney.

That sets up a possible reunion with his brother Rhyce after four years together at the Pies, with Heath also having strong relationships with Jarrad McVeigh and Nick Malceski.

also interesting
QuoteThe Pies have not inquired about Shane Mumford despite speculation of a Shaw-Mumford swap.

Mailman the 2nd

I doubt Buckley would be that stupid to just let shaw go after one poor onfield showing

Rusty00

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 12, 2013, 04:22:00 PM
I doubt Buckley would be that stupid to just let shaw go after one poor onfield showing
It's not the first poor onfield showing, but I too would be surprised if he was traded.

Nige

Would they really let Heater go to the Swans though?

Rusty00

Quote from: NigeyS on September 12, 2013, 04:47:57 PM
Depends what the Swans are offering in return I guess  ;)

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 12, 2013, 05:31:26 PM
True! What would they offer?  :o

Rusty00

Quote from: NigeyS on September 12, 2013, 05:33:15 PM
Not sure. The article says he's been linked with Sydney probably only because his brother plays there. No evidence yet the Swans are interested although they probably wouldn't confirm or deny that until after the finals.

Capper

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 12, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 12, 2013, 05:33:15 PM
Not sure. The article says he's been linked with Sydney probably only because his brother plays there. No evidence yet the Swans are interested although they probably wouldn't confirm or deny that until after the finals.
The rumours are a first round pick or a straight swap for someone (mummy)

Noz

Dean Towers could he be the man that fills that running defender role? Maybe save some money on a troubled Heath Shaw?

I would look at recruiting another key defender with LRT and Richards reaching 30 this year and Grundy at 27 i think its time to recruit 1 or maybe 2 key defenders from other clubs to help fill those missing holes.

SydneyRox

Exactly. No way Swans are going to pay a 1st round for Heater. We have more than enough defensive depth on the books.

2nd Round, now i would listen.....

Mummy going to re-sign as well!

Having said that a swap Mummy for Reid and Heater works for me! :)

My Chumps

SydneyRox

Until the game on the weekend I reckon Cunners was gone.