Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 10, 2014, 05:05:17 PM
You boys have signed Ben Rutten as an assistant coach
Can't complain about that.  8)

Nige

quinny88

Good stuff. Are we still trying to get Lenny?

tbagrocks

:o  the Truck, taught by non other that Carey you know

Toga

What kind of player is Woodward? I know he's a midfielder, but does he play more on the outside or what?

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on September 10, 2014, 07:16:02 PM
What kind of player is Woodward? I know he's a midfielder, but does he play more on the outside or what?

Hopefully! We need some quick outside players

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 10, 2014, 07:16:02 PM
He's a tough, inside mid.

Kinda similar to Arnot.

Toga

Ah, ok. Think our main need at the moment is some more class and pace on the outside as Miles has improved our inside work a lot since he came in.

shaker

Yep we need a couple speedy wingers , funny we had a speedy player but he is at Port now anyone else find that a bit strange ?

Nige

Quote from: shaker on September 11, 2014, 09:26:13 AM
Yep we need a couple speedy wingers , funny we had a speedy player but he is at Port now anyone else find that a bit strange ?
We kept giving him the green vest which was stupid although his speed was handy for that role. I'm still kinda sad he left.

shaker

Quote from: NigeyS on September 11, 2014, 09:30:26 AM
Quote from: shaker on September 11, 2014, 09:26:13 AM
We kept giving him the green vest which was stupid although his speed was handy for that role. I'm still kinda sad he left.

Kind of thinking we didn't use him very well when he did play full games but sadly he is the speedy player we need now he has certainly been setting it on fire over there

Jroo

Yeah we definitely need someone with speed, to replace White.
TBH, White hasn't really improved at Port, pretty much doing the same he was doing at Richmond last year (unsubbed), it's just he looks better in a better team.

Toga

I hope we look at Weller or Laverde in the draft, they look like the kind of classy wingers we could really use.

Really hoping the Shiel/WHE rumours have some substance as well ;)

Nige

Yeah, I'm really keen on one of Weller, Ahern or Laverde.

Really want Shiel too.

shaker

Is Shiel really looking like leaving if so what would we be willing to put up to get him , can't remember but he was a very high draft pick ? our first pick won't do it are we willing to put up a good player maybe to another team to get another good pick for example Conca back west or give up our first pick plus a player to GWS , it would have to be a decent player to get it done ?