Main Menu

3 wins to go!

Started by quinny88, July 14, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: quinny88 on August 18, 2013, 12:38:53 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2013, 12:34:24 AM
That's it no more support for Richmond from me  >:( If they did there flowering job as a top 4 candidate they would have ended Carlton's finals hope then and there. Next week I have to hope that either Port beats Freo at Patersons -definitely not going to happen- or that Essendon beats Carlton -also not going to happen because the bombers are a showerheap- so I think it's going to come down to r23 and I'm just relieved it's at AAMI so there is still some chance. Disappointed even the Bulldogs could beat Carlton. I'm abroad so I didn't watch the game and I've only just viewed the scores but I now have lost a lot of faith in the Tigers & Bombers whilst also gaining a lot of faith in the Pies again. I still can't believe that Richmond lost, in every aspect of the game they are theoretically better than the Blues (also worried because of the old Port Adelaide's recent record against Carlton is not good)

Carlton arent exactly a bad side? I thought we should have won but wasnt surprised that we didnt at all. We beat Hawthorn and Freo recently so the faith is there that we can beat the best. This game meant nothing to us really and it showed. Credit to Carlton though they played really well. If Port need to rely on other teams winning games for them then they dont deserve to play finals in the first place. If they are good enough they will make it
Carlton are a good side but inconsistent, Port Adelaide need to rely on other teams winning because the only reason they aren't securely in the 8 is because the top teams can't beat their inferiors. Port beats all the teams it should and these are the teams outside the 8. However if everything goes to plan (Geelong beating Adelaide, Essedon beating WCE etc. & Richmond beating Carlton) Port would have fairly cemented there spot. Like I said the only reason we haven't is because the top teams purposely lose games they shouldn't. We were the favourites to makes finals in the run home because of our easier draw, however our draw has been the hardest. Firstly because we were versing team desperate to make the 8 (and we managed to beat all of them), conversely teams like WCE, Carlton, NMFC & Adelaide all had difficult draws predominately against top 4 teams and teams stemming from 5-8, however because these top teams are basically flowering around it has mean't that their draw is literally the easy draw when it comes into practice. Like I said we beat top teams midway into the season when it count, we beat we the teams we should on the run home, the only reason we are in the finals is because the top teams literally give games away which should be easy win, so far the only top teams I have respect for now are Sydney, Hawthorne & Freo because they are the only teams that are not giving these games away, what's the point of playing hard and competing for the spot against lower tier teams when the top teams just flower it up? It's seriously pissing me off, if you're in the top 8 you should be beating everyone who isn't 

quinny88

Mate seriously I have never read more garbage in my life  :o..

Firstly, footy doesnt have a written script where each team beats who they are better than and looses to those they arent. Anyone can knock off anyone on their day.

Secondly, Port have had one of the easiest fixtures in the league this year and i would rather play teams outside of the top 4 anyday!
Port will make the 8 if they are good enough, simple as that. You cant blame other teams for your own team not playing finals  :o

The only teams you respect now are Hawthorn, Freo and Sydney?? Newsflash. Sydney lost to Collingwood last week, a game they should have won at home. Hawthorn lost to Richmond 2 weeks ago, Freo lost to Richmond 3 weeks ago. No team is a sure bet. Thats the great thing about footy

powersuperkents

Quote from: quinny88 on August 18, 2013, 01:17:46 AM

Firstly, footy doesnt have a written script where each team beats who they are better than and looses to those they arent. Anyone can knock off anyone on their day.

Secondly, Port have had one of the easiest fixtures in the league this year and i would rather play teams outside of the top 4 anyday!
Port will make the 8 if they are good enough, simple as that. You cant blame other teams for your own team not playing finals  :o

The only teams you respect now are Hawthorn, Freo and Sydney?? Newsflash. Sydney lost to Collingwood last week, a game they should have won at home. Hawthorn lost to Richmond 2 weeks ago, Freo lost to Richmond 3 weeks ago. No team is a sure bet. Thats the great thing about footy
It is easier playing top 4 teams.. The teams fighting for a spot in the 8 is much harder competition than teams that are resting for finals (only Freo, Sydney & Hawthorne are continuing to play rather than rest in preparation) and no Richmond's draw was so much easier, PAFC beat top teams when the teams were actually at the top of their game, Richmond & Carlton feed on the carcasses of teams once they have started final series resting. (Got to agree with Nails there..(nothing against Richmond but overall your draw was easier and you played the harder teams on more convenient occasions-predominately when they were maimed by injury or preparing for finals (the Freo victory was a triumphant one though and I even had to tip my hat to them, the Hawks victory was good but I have incredibly strong doubts they could pull that off any other time besides the relaxing period for the minors) 

Collingwood are still a good team last time I looked and at the time they were still in contest for a top 4 spot so there's no really a disappointment for Sydney's loss whatsoever, Richmond were in the exact same position as well (the point of the game was to cement their spot in the finals & the same goes for the Freo match).

All I'm saying is I was disappointed, I had Richmond pinned for a semi final chance and that loss pretty much made me lose faith, like most footy spectators the circumstances that affect my team -along with my team itself- are the only things in life that get me thinking and acting irrationally (call it blind loyalty if you will) and I agree that the great thing about football is the fact it is not written but I have to disagree about your take on the run home, the 5 teams contesting for a spot in the 8 pose as much harder opposition than the team who have already locked a spot in the 8, let alone the 4 because they have nothing to worry about. Richmond were one of my finals favourites (after Port will get knocked out in the 5th v. 8th game) but now it will be Essendon if they win next week (out of faith) or Freo (if Port defeat Carlton at AAMI). I have a lot of faith in PAFC at AAMI (blue's are only a smokey favourite) but I'm afraid that if Hartlett is suspended it can pose a huge blow and I'm afraid that how the game is decided could turn my into a temporary racist (i.e. Betts, Garlett & Yarran's performances) :P PAFC is the only thing on earth that can cause me to behave or think like this

Mailman the 2nd

Port and Richmond have been given every opportunity to get into the 8 this year and its no fault but their own if they don't

quinny88

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2013, 07:15:37 AM

It is easier playing top 4 teams.. The teams fighting for a spot in the 8 is much harder competition than teams that are resting for finals (only Freo, Sydney & Hawthorne are continuing to play rather than rest in preparation) and no Richmond's draw was so much easier, PAFC beat top teams when the teams were actually at the top of their game, Richmond & Carlton feed on the carcasses of teams once they have started final series resting. (Got to agree with Nails there..(nothing against Richmond but overall your draw was easier and you played the harder teams on more convenient occasions-predominately when they were maimed by injury or preparing for finals (the Freo victory was a triumphant one though and I even had to tip my hat to them, the Hawks victory was good but I have incredibly strong doubts they could pull that off any other time besides the relaxing period for the minors) 

Collingwood are still a good team last time I looked and at the time they were still in contest for a top 4 spot so there's no really a disappointment for Sydney's loss whatsoever, Richmond were in the exact same position as well (the point of the game was to cement their spot in the finals & the same goes for the Freo match).

All I'm saying is I was disappointed, I had Richmond pinned for a semi final chance and that loss pretty much made me lose faith, like most footy spectators the circumstances that affect my team -along with my team itself- are the only things in life that get me thinking and acting irrationally (call it blind loyalty if you will) and I agree that the great thing about football is the fact it is not written but I have to disagree about your take on the run home, the 5 teams contesting for a spot in the 8 pose as much harder opposition than the team who have already locked a spot in the 8, let alone the 4 because they have nothing to worry about. Richmond were one of my finals favourites (after Port will get knocked out in the 5th v. 8th game) but now it will be Essendon if they win next week (out of faith) or Freo (if Port defeat Carlton at AAMI). I have a lot of faith in PAFC at AAMI (blue's are only a smokey favourite) but I'm afraid that if Hartlett is suspended it can pose a huge blow and I'm afraid that how the game is decided could turn my into a temporary racist (i.e. Betts, Garlett & Yarran's performances) :P PAFC is the only thing on earth that can cause me to behave or think like this

Sorry mate but your view on footy is just blatantly wrong.
The teams "fighting for 8th" are fighting for it for a reason. Because they are not as good as the top 4! the top 4 may be preparing for finals but they are still harder to beat than teams in the middle of the ladder. If you dont think that then you are delusional.

Richmond Thumped Hawthorn last year in the middle of the season.. Were they resting for finals then?  :o

So going by your theory Richmond losing to Carlton shouldnt be a shock to you at all as Carlton are fighting for 8th and we are safe they are therefore harder to beat than a top 4 team right?  ::)

That is just a rubbish theory, sorry

powersuperkents

Quote from: quinny88 on August 18, 2013, 04:58:56 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on August 18, 2013, 07:15:37 AM

Sorry mate but your view on footy is just blatantly wrong.
The teams "fighting for 8th" are fighting for it for a reason. Because they are not as good as the top 4! the top 4 may be preparing for finals but they are still harder to beat than teams in the middle of the ladder. If you dont think that then you are delusional.

Richmond Thumped Hawthorn last year in the middle of the season.. Were they resting for finals then?  :o

So going by your theory Richmond losing to Carlton shouldnt be a shock to you at all as Carlton are fighting for 8th and we are safe they are therefore harder to beat than a top 4 team right?  ::)

That is just a rubbish theory, sorry

No going by that theory Richmond are the team that is resting... and I don't think Adelaide & Nth Melbourne would beat Geelong at any other time in the season.. The only team that is veritably falling apart is the Bombers, the rest of the secure teams are taking their foot off the throttle. I don't mind anymore more because an AFL analysis just posted this:

8. PORT ADELAIDE
48 points (12 wins, eight losses) 107.0 per cent

The run home:
Rd 22: Fremantle at Patersons Stadium
Rd 23: Carlton at AAMI Stadium

If the Power win next week:
- They will secure their first finals appearance since 2007
- They can still finish sixth and earn a home elimination final, but will be relying on Collingwood to lose its final two matches

If they lose next week:
- They will still be guaranteed a finals berth if Carlton loses to Essendon in round 22
- They will face a play-off for eighth spot against Carlton in round 23, assuming the Blues beat the Bombers on Saturday night
- They can finish ninth but still play finals if Essendon is stripped of premiership points

Predicted finish: seventh
Predicted final match-up: Collingwood v Port Adelaide, second elimination final, MCG   

so I'm a bit more relaxed now