NOTICE ON WEEKLY TEAM LIST SUBMISSSION

Started by Colliwobblers, February 10, 2013, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

***NOTICE***

Weekly team lists must be submitted by posting in the correspoding round TEAM SUBMISSION THREAD, or via PM to Administrator.

There is no rolling lockout, all teams lists must be submitted in full and will be final BEFORE the first bounce of the first game of the round.

THE ONLY EXCEPTION WILL BE FOR ANY SPLIT ROUND> I will advise in advance of each split round when each "LOCKOUT" will occur.

penalties and procedures for failure to do so are listed in the rules thread. (HOME)

Round 1 is a split round so you will see in the ROUND 1 - TEAM SUBMISSION THREAD - the dates for team submission.

Any questions ask away, any suggestions suggest away.

nostradamus

Ok l'll open it up with what is probably a stupid question but here goes.....if l can explain it properly.

lt involves C, VC & the reserve C/VC.

Are we allowed to nominate our VC as reserve C, thus having the actual reserve fill in for the VC

for example

Captain: player A
Vice Capt: player B
Reserve: player C

....player A is a late out

so player B becomes captain, and player C is Vice Capt

l see this as working like this.....

reserve Captain: player B
reserve Vice Capt: player C

Memphistopheles

Nos I'm pretty sure that is the case anyway.

The rules say that if your captain misses then your VC becomes captain and your reserve C/VC becomes VC

* Your Emergency Captain/Vice Captain player is cover for your Vice captain in the event your captain plays and your vice captain doesn't.

*In the event neither your captain or your vice captain play then your emergency captain/vice captain player covers your captain.

*If your captain does not play and your vice captain does, your vice captain covers your captain and your emergency captain/vice captain player covers your vice captain.

Colli I'd like clarification on several rules including the old split round/partial lockout Dream Team captain loophole.

Are we able to do the loophole or would it be unsportsmanlike for us to work it?

I think technically we could still work it in this comp because of the Emergencies are taken to cover non playing players by HIGHEST Scoring emergency first. rule.

I realise I am alerting everyone to this fact now that it is possible.

• Submit your first team with the VC on someone from West Coast/Freo/Cheat team one (Adelaide)/Cheat team two (Essendon)
  • If they score well submit your second team with the C on a player not named/who won't play and the emergency C/VC on someone who you expect to score well
  • Then stick the player you would have started instead of the non playing C guy in the emergencies and they should be your highest scoring emergency. Or in this case if an emergency outscores him then you get there score

Which raises another point which needs clarification. Teams probably won't do this but it is possible that you could do it.

Say you have 3-4 forwards and you're unsure who will score higher for your last forward spot but are confident everyone else in you team will play (bit of a gamble which is why teams aren't likely to do this).

Are you able to submit a non-starting player in that last forward spot and then list the three forwards as emergencies. That way it saves you having to pick one and you automatically get the best scoring forward out of the three for your team.

Also on this:
*Emergencies must cover a player in the position they play in or get 50% of thier score for covering a non playing player of another position.

*Emergencies are taken to cover non playing players by HIGHEST Scoring emergency first.

Does this mean you take the highest-scoring emergency based on points scored, or the highest scoring emergency based on position. Say for example we have Hams (fwd), Firrito (back) and Currie (ruck) in our emergencies and they score 45, 65 and 40 respectively.

If our ruckman then misses out do you take Firrito's score because it's higher initially (65) or Currie's score because after you add the 50% penalty he would be the highest scoring emergency for that position?

Alternatively what would happen if say Firrito scored 85 in this case. Would you take Currie's score as he's the ruckman or Firrito's as it's higher than Currie's even with the 50% penalty.

Cheers, mate.

Colliwobblers

@nostradamus

- yes the vice captain covers the captain if he plays and the captain doesn't and the emergency c/vc then covers the VC.

@ Memphistopheles

1. Captain loophole - I will put this to the vote - but i am against it for 2 reasons, unsportsmanlike :) , and more work for me.

2. Emergency example you outlined regarding the FWDS - i can't have this happening either, just not sportsmanlike, if a player is not named and is a definite non starter and a team names him to use the emergency rule as a loophole i will have to take some action to prevent this from happening.

The "highest scoring emergency rule is to make it more realistic that an afl team has a bench and emergencies to use and it is more realistic that the team would still get a good player on the field if someone didnt play at the last minute. I wouldn't want to have to change the rule to prevent it being exploited.

3. The emergency by positions rules.

A) IF you have an emergency ruckman who plays and a ruckman on your team who doesn't, the emergency ruckman covers him, no one else. REGARDLESS OF SCORES.

B) ONLY IF you DO NOT have an emergency ruckman on your emergencies and your named ruckman doesn't play will your highest scoring emergency from another position be allowed to cover him with 50% of his score.

C) this is the same for all positions, this is also why you need to list  position and dpp if applies on all your utilities and emergencies players.

nostradamus

thanks Colli all of the above mentioned is both clear and fair