Main Menu

Golf

Started by McRooster, January 03, 2011, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

For those in Adelaide scoopon have another deal going

this time @ Flagstaff Hill $59 for 2 rounds (you & a mate) + cart + schnitzel each after + 2 pints bear (1 each)

amazing deal.

Playing Links @ Lady Bay next week sometime, probably thursday, can't wait

PowerMan

Played Lady Bay today, really forgot how magnificant the course is.

shot 51 on the front which I was really happy with. would rather not talk about the rest.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Bazinga

I'm currently on holidays up on the Gold Coast, playing some of the finest golf courses in the land of oz. Played at Bonville International Golf Course (near Coffs Harbour) on Wednesday and shot a very pleasing 80 off the stick (my handicap is 5). If anyone is planning a golfing trip up north, I recommend playing a round at Bonville. It truly is an amazing layout.

On Friday I made the journey up to the (not so sunny) Gold Coast and played at Hope Island near Sanctuary Cove. Another amazing layout, but with many more fairway bunkers and undulations than Bonville. After being 6 over after 7 holes, I managed to go even par for the final 11 holes (with 3 birdies) to shoot a six over par 78. $140 a game at hope island, but with GPS in the golf carts to help with distances and pin locations, it was definitely worth it   :)

Tomorrow is the final leg of my tour, where I play Palm Meadows Resort near Carrara. I'm hoping for another sub 80 round   8)

pyronerd

lucky baz :P thats some very good golf on those courses

played pennant today and won it on the last after being 3 down with 4 to play :D was very happy with an even par second nine 8)

upthemaidens

about a year ago i picked up a secondhand golf set and bag in what i thought was pretty good condition, paid $60 bucks oh baby u think i was happy bout it.  even though i hate em with a passion it was from cashies. absolute bargain.
  try to get out  as often as possible, but it never seems often enough,  100 shots seems to be the magical mark for me atm, so whats that around 30 handicap.  if only i could putt i reakon i could take 10 shots off my score,  nothing worse then getting on green in reg. than 4 putt  arhhhhhhh the pain, the pain.  its sad when a bogey gives ya a chubby  :)

PowerMan

Quote from: Bazinga on May 22, 2011, 12:19:45 AM
I'm currently on holidays up on the Gold Coast, playing some of the finest golf courses in the land of oz. Played at Bonville International Golf Course (near Coffs Harbour) on Wednesday and shot a very pleasing 80 off the stick (my handicap is 5). If anyone is planning a golfing trip up north, I recommend playing a round at Bonville. It truly is an amazing layout.

On Friday I made the journey up to the (not so sunny) Gold Coast and played at Hope Island near Sanctuary Cove. Another amazing layout, but with many more fairway bunkers and undulations than Bonville. After being 6 over after 7 holes, I managed to go even par for the final 11 holes (with 3 birdies) to shoot a six over par 78. $140 a game at hope island, but with GPS in the golf carts to help with distances and pin locations, it was definitely worth it   :)

Tomorrow is the final leg of my tour, where I play Palm Meadows Resort near Carrara. I'm hoping for another sub 80 round   8)

We had them when my mate and myself played at Lady Bay, absolutely worth the extra dollars if the course has them.

pyronerd

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 26, 2011, 05:17:01 AM
about a year ago i picked up a secondhand golf set and bag in what i thought was pretty good condition, paid $60 bucks oh baby u think i was happy bout it.  even though i hate em with a passion it was from cashies. absolute bargain.
  try to get out  as often as possible, but it never seems often enough,  100 shots seems to be the magical mark for me atm, so whats that around 30 handicap.  if only i could putt i reakon i could take 10 shots off my score,  nothing worse then getting on green in reg. than 4 putt  arhhhhhhh the pain, the pain.  its sad when a bogey gives ya a chubby  :)
keep at it utm youll get better ;)

McRooster

My last round..... :-X

Thank God it was Ambrose  ::)

Wes Mantooth

I play... havent in over a year though. disappointing.

used to play off 14. joined aces again this yr (builders/architects golf day run by fielders) and can't wait to play koo and glenelg later in the year. even bought new golf clubs... beautiful titleists and they just sit there :(

You up for a game Michael? You'd prob kick my arse.

McRooster

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on June 09, 2011, 01:45:38 AM
I play... havent in over a year though. disappointing.

used to play off 14. joined aces again this yr (builders/architects golf day run by fielders) and can't wait to play koo and glenelg later in the year. even bought new golf clubs... beautiful titleists and they just sit there :(

You up for a game Michael? You'd prob kick my arse.
Not so sure about that Wes  :-\

I played last Saturday and had a promising front 9 with 17 points and no scrubs - finished with 24 points, nuff said  >:(

Any time you want Wes, PM me and we can hook up - I'm a member at Highercombe or maybe you'd prefer if I arranged a game with me an the ol' man who is a member at Tea Tree Gully.

*sorry I hadn't checked this thread for a while  :-[

pyronerd

ouch roost :o

i'm in a bit of bad form myself, 28 points, 28 points, 83 nett my last 3 rounds :o

McRooster

I will play better tomorrow.

:-\

Wes Mantooth

beautiful day for it tomorrow!

McRooster

Pretty sure we're playing Par, which I like when you're not in consistent form. Hoping I can shoot a +2 with the new indexes at least  :-\

pyronerd

had a double down the last to choke for 35 points ::) i haven't played to my handicap for my last 7 rounds, and haven't broken it for 14 rounds :o