Ashes are done, now for the ODIs

Started by PowerBug, October 22, 2013, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Klinger's had his time. It's a no from me.

Khawaja has potential to be a star - play him.

Hazlewood and Nevill aren't up to test standards

Hughesy is a lock. Not playing in the Aus A game, which is a good sign for his first test hopes.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Jayman on October 29, 2013, 07:27:20 PM

Hughesy is a lock. Not playing in the Aus A game, which is a good sign for his first test hopes.

Klingers had his time? He's been crying out for 5 years, won Sheffield Shield player of the year twice in a row a few years back and has had a blistering Ryobi cup, he's been deserving of this for a bloody long time. Thats not past it. IMHO more deserving than George Bailey

Jay

I won't be upset if Klinger gets a game. I'm sure he'd do alright but wouldn't be a fan if he keeps a good youngster out of the side.

BB67th

As you can see Koop I hold by my opinions and they never change :P

I don't really want to see Klinger in the test team. His First Class average is just too low. He is a great one day player, but I think there are better options for the test team.

I don't think Hughes is a lock. While I would like to see him in the team, I don't know if he will make it there, would need a good start to the shield.

Rogers, Warner, Watson, Clarke, Smith are locked in for the top 5 imo. Warner has returned to form (even if it is one day games, he is still in form) and is the incumbent opener. Watto will 100% be at first drop because he made runs there last match and no one else can bat there.

Number 6 is the only spot up for grabs and it is between Bailey, Marsh, Khawaja, Hughes and Doolan I think.

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on October 29, 2013, 07:27:20 PM

Klinger isn't past it, they said that about Rogers. Him and Bucky as an opening combo could be deadly.

Agreed on the Khawaja comment.

Hazlewood and Nevill may not be... but you need exposure and experience. Selectors love their NSW boys too...

I wouldn't lock Phil Hughes in by any means. Bailey and Warner aren't playing with Aus A either. However, a stack of others who deserve a chance are - Khawaja being one.

PowerBug

Bailey is 31, he can stick to being the short form leader.

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on October 29, 2013, 07:55:51 PM
Bailey is 31, he can stick to being the short form leader.
This is one thing I think a lot of people forget...

I know I'm pushing for Klinger to get in, which kinda contradicts... but there are a stack of younger batsmen waiting for a spot. So maybe... out with the lot and bring in the younger brigade?

nrich102

What you got against Mitch Johnson Koop  :-\ ???

KoopKicka

Quote from: BB67th on October 29, 2013, 07:49:52 PM

Haha I wasnt trying to point you out, sorry if it felt that way, I was just trying to make a point. :/

BB67th

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 29, 2013, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 29, 2013, 07:49:52 PM

Haha I wasnt trying to point you out, sorry if it felt that way, I was just trying to make a point. :/
I think it's true of every Australian cricket fan. Nothing changes our opinions like a good or bad performance.

JBs-Hawks

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 30, 2013, 01:45:09 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 29, 2013, 08:46:12 PM

Hes a flowering shower
I rarely agree with JB, especially on the topic of cricket. But yeah, what he said.  :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: NigeyS on October 30, 2013, 11:10:30 AM

Hes a flowering shower
I rarely agree with JB, especially on the topic of cricket. But yeah, what he said.  :P
He is one of the biggest flogs to grace Aussie cricket.

Nige

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 30, 2013, 11:22:15 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 30, 2013, 11:10:30 AM

Hes a flowering shower
He is one of the biggest flogs to grace Aussie cricket.
Along with Dougie!  ;D

PowerBug

"B grade professional Australian cricketers of the 90s and 2000s"

You should all look at that facebook page if you want a laugh. The player profiles are brilliant! Brings back memories of some older domestic players too. :)