British 2015 Trades and Rulings

Started by Ringo, September 01, 2015, 09:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhello

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 04, 2015, 11:05:04 AM
Birmingham Dragons give Jack Billings + NAT 38

Leeds Leeches give Christian Salem + Nick Malceski

no secret how bad our defense was this year this mixed with our other trade really strengthens it i know Malceski going against my youth policy but there are not enough young defenders to go around i believe with these 2 trades our team is looking much better

Confirm, comfortable with the amount of defenders I have, so losing Salem and Malceski won't detract much from my starting XV, and Billings is an improving player who should be important for the team.

Rids

Grope Lane Giants give: nat 36

Crosby Cruisers give: C. Hampton

Reasoning: we are taking a little risk here with this trade. Hampton hasn't had a good year at all but he is talented. The first pick of round 3 is about right for him. PK has plenty of def depth and is happy to go to the draft.

PK to confirm

kilbluff1985

Winchester Werewolves give Jackson Merrett
Birmingham Dragons give NAT 22

uniting the Merrett brothers is a big reason for this trade but also strengthening my list to make a run for the top 8 next year

Rusty00

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 06, 2015, 10:17:10 AM
Winchester Werewolves give Jackson Merrett
Birmingham Dragons give NAT 22

uniting the Merrett brothers is a big reason for this trade but also strengthening my list to make a run for the top 8 next year
Confirm

Merrett is down our depth chart so happy to move him on to someone who can utilise him.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Rids on September 06, 2015, 08:19:39 AM

Grope Lane Giants give: nat 36

Crosby Cruisers give: C. Hampton

Reasoning: we are taking a little risk here with this trade. Hampton hasn't had a good year at all but he is talented. The first pick of round 3 is about right for him. PK has plenty of def depth and is happy to go to the draft.

PK to confirm

Confirmed. I know Hampton has the talent but each year it feels like he's slowly getting pushed out, and I have plenty of defenders in the same bracket as him. So i'd have a better chance of finding a 18 year old gem.

Ringo

Also posting this ruling here

Just before trading gets too far down the list just clarifying the relationship between drafts as the rules are non specific in this area.

So to be specific.

Players to be selected in National Draft will be those selected in National Draft only.

Rookie Draft will be those players left over from previous drafts plus any players selected in Rookie Draft.

So basically if any you wish to review trading of picks I will not rule on trades involving picks till the week end to give you a chance to reassess.

nostradamus

Quote from: Ringo on September 07, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

Just before trading gets too far down the list just clarifying the relationship between drafts as the rules are non specific in this area.

So to be specific.

Players to be selected in National Draft will be those selected in National Draft only.

Rookie Draft will be those players left over from previous drafts plus any players selected in Rookie Draft.

So basically if any you wish to review trading of picks I will not rule on trades involving picks till the week end to give you a chance to reassess.

that is the way we understood it to be, and our trades were done accordingly ........ so quite happy for ours to be processed without delay

Rids

Quote from: nostradamus on September 07, 2015, 08:36:52 AM
Quote from: Ringo on September 07, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

So to be specific.

that is the way we understood it to be, and our trades were done accordingly ........ so quite happy for ours to be processed without delay

Agree with this.

There is only one new coach since last season so understand that clarity might be required there but we have all been through the draft processes previously.

All that happens by delaying the processing of trades is waiting. Grope Lane have been very active as you can see by the number of trades we have participated in already. We really need to get these trades processed to continue trading. It only takes one rejected trade for the plan to come 'unstuck'.

Rusty00

Winchester Werewolves give: Tom Hickey + Nick Haynes

Grope Lane Giants give: Garrick Ibbotson

Reasoning: Looking for a higher quality defender and Ibbotson fits that bill. In return the Giants get a promising young defender to help their rebuild and Hickey to give them the Saints combo with Longer.

Rids to confirm

Rids

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 07, 2015, 05:25:26 PM
Winchester Werewolves give: Tom Hickey + Nick Haynes

Grope Lane Giants give: Garrick Ibbotson

Reasoning: Looking for a higher quality defender and Ibbotson fits that bill. In return the Giants get a promising young defender to help their rebuild and Hickey to give them the Saints combo with Longer.

Rids to confirm

Confirmed.

Hickey is super important for us in combination with Longer as back up for Leuey. Nick Haynes is a very good young defender and will be awesome with our rebuild as Rusty has said. Our depth is starting to take shape now.

Ricochet

Hedgehogs Trade: M. Hutchings + nat 5
Grope Lane Trade: D. Swallow

Rids/Nost to confirm

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on September 08, 2015, 12:09:50 PM
Hedgehogs Trade: M. Hutchings + nat 5
Grope Lane Trade: D. Swallow

Rids/Nost to confirm

Confirmed.

We were looking for a very solid mid to replace Swallow with a decent sweetener. Nat 5 means that we now have 4 early picks in this draft and can quicken our rebuild. The squad now has a very distinct Rids and Nostra look about it. Hedgehogs get a ripper in Swallow who will be a certain starter for them.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Rids on September 04, 2015, 10:23:42 AM

Grope Lane Giants give: rook #1

Birmingham Dragons give: nat #4

Reasoning: there are a couple of very good players in the rookie draft but they are defenders. Giants are fine with defender depth. KB was needing a solid defender and will no doubt grab one with rook pick 1. We feel that if a couple of these guys were in the nat draft that they would go top few picks hence why we receive nat #4.

KB to confirm.

So let me get this straight. KB you have just essentially traded Nat 4 for Adam Oxley or Kamdyn MacIntosh

I'm all for helping the weaker teams improve but, this seems like an amazingly one-sided deal.

Well done Grope Lane.

Rids

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 08, 2015, 02:22:20 PM

Reasoning: there are a couple of very good players in the rookie draft but they are defenders. Giants are fine with defender depth. KB was needing a solid defender and will no doubt grab one with rook pick 1. We feel that if a couple of these guys were in the nat draft that they would go top few picks hence why we receive nat #4.

KB to confirm.

So let me get this straight. KB you have just essentially traded Nat 4 for Adam Oxley or Kamdyn MacIntosh

I'm all for helping the weaker teams improve but, this seems like an amazingly one-sided deal.

Well done Grope Lane.

Obviously KB would have taken Oxley at pick 4 if he was in the draft. Different strokes for different folks. Wouldn't say either has won this trade especially before the draft has even taken place.

Rusty00

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 08, 2015, 02:22:20 PM

KB to confirm.

Well done Grope Lane.
I didn't want to be the one to say this :-X