Cash Cows Help ?

Started by mrquestion, February 13, 2009, 05:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrquestion

I am new to dream team. I understand the concept of cash cows and why they are so vital.

Except im not a huge in my football knowledge.
How many cash cow players should you have in your team ?
Anyone have alist or ideas of possible cash cows players?

Virgil

There's no right amount of cash cows to have in your side mrq.  It's more important to find the right ones to put into your team.  I'd suggest using all of your backline, midfield and forward bench positions on potential cash cows, and a few more expensive ones in the starting team as well if you can find them.

m0nty's blogs are a good place to find potential cash cows.  Watching their form in the NAB Cup and following articles with quotes from the coaches should give you a fair idea of which will be better than others.

warwithin

Quote from: Virgil on February 13, 2009, 06:32:53 AM
There's no right amount of cash cows to have in your side mrq.  It's more important to find the right ones to put into your team.  I'd suggest using all of your backline, midfield and forward bench positions on potential cash cows, and a few more expensive ones in the starting team as well if you can find them.

m0nty's blogs are a good place to find potential cash cows.  Watching their form in the NAB Cup and following articles with quotes from the coaches should give you a fair idea of which will be better than others.

he speaks the truth !

Hawks_1976

I find that the best way to determine your cash cows is to work backwards.
Realistically plot the team you would like to aim towards based on current values. ( In DT, I'd try to aim around $9.2M ) Then put together your starting squad.
You know who your keepers are. Will the balance of your squad increase enough in value to effectively trade towards the team you desire?
This may seem like a far fetched strategy and of course their are many variables including injuries and player values constantly changing.
But I believe too many people get trapped in trying to select a premium team for R1 and lose focus on the season as a whole. Would you rather be the competition leader after R5 or R22?

thefly1976

ive found that its best not to have more than 8. otherwise its too risky with injuries and there is always 1-2 you get wrong.

Pravis

1 thing people have forgotten and is the most important. Make sure they play. Check the team sheets on Thursday and make sure there at least named on the ground and if u have one in the team on Friday night. Make sure he is in the team just before the first bounce.