Wallis trade ?

Started by 4820, May 04, 2011, 11:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm not sure wether to bring in Wallis this week.
Mid - Swan Boyd Bartel Harris Curnow D. Swallow   Libba Atley Higgins.
Thinking maybe trade wallis in for Atley or Higgins (if I should bring him in at all). If I trade out Higgins I loose my link with fwd line for now. Higgins injury concerns me a bit (groin, never a good injury to get). Atley has a bit more money to make is something I am aware of.
Is Wallis a must player to get in ? Used 3 trades so far.
I think he would have reasonable js. Any opinions appreciated.   
thanks in advance guys. 

AlexIsOnFire

you would have boyd, libba, higgins and wallis in your mids, all from the bulldogs, come bye time you'd struggle

The next bye the bulldogs have is in rnd 20. Libba and Wallis will not be there then.

bonebones

Quote from: 4820 on May 04, 2011, 11:48:21 AM
The next bye the bulldogs have is in rnd 20. Libba and Wallis will not be there then.

I disagree, and so does Rodney Eade when he said on 'On The Couch' this week that the right thing to do is give Wallis and Libba as much game time as possible. Wallis was excellent in the first half against the pies and he looks fresh, Libba on the other hand looked a little tired so he will prolly get a weeks rest soon - or at least b4 Wallis

newfreofan

He means they won't be in his team any more by round 20.

jasonpushy

I would wait a week.   Seeing he only got 11 in his first match, he is only going to go up 10-20k depending on his score.   For 20K, I am happy to wait an extra week and see if he is named in the next 2 rounds?

I did mean Libba & Wallis will not be in MY team by rnd 20. Thanks for the info re "on the couch" bonebones. Didn't see that. Sounds like Wallis has pretty good js. If I bring Wallis in who goes ?

greco272

Will wallis score well this week vs sydney.....???

swedishhmafia

Wallis and Libba will play between 18 and 20 games each this year. Eade has stated that he want to fast track them so in a couple of years they can take over from the likes of Boyd and Cross in the guts. Wallis has really good scoring potential, he is hard at it, tackles well and doesn't burn the ball. An average of 70+ is no where near out of the question, I'm leaning towards him over Iles