Bully's Boys 2024

Started by Bully, January 24, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Darcy is apparently fit to play which means Jackson can wait, that puts Zorko front and centre, Williams probably also needs to go which might make grabbing a defender a better option.

Bully

With Graham out I think I'll just move him on, might miss out on 50k but who knows when he'll be back. That means keeping Roberts but better to have warm bodies on the field.

Colliwobblers

After the way they played last week, and the fact they're up in Darwin 2 at least probably not back anytime soon... so probably a good call.

I've got 5 corpses on the bench... sigh. that's not going to cut it during the byes.

Bully

I think Clarry might be M9 material, I don't think he's a bad pick but I think I would want Petracca in a head to head. Petracca definitely bottomed out at 547k, I will strongly consider Reid to Petracca at the end of the round.

Bully

Petracca scaled up so didn't even lose money, still very obtainable provided there are no injuries this week. I'm not too fussed about Oliver, I think he could still fire some shots over the bye period and he could be handy coverage down the track. 

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Bully on May 10, 2024, 12:00:32 AMPetracca scaled up so didn't even lose money, still very obtainable provided there are no injuries this week. I'm not too fussed about Oliver, I think he could still fire some shots over the bye period and he could be handy coverage down the track.

I got Oliver, watched the game like a hawk, his team mates DO NOT pass him the ball, I watched at least 30 instances where they chose other harder options and turned it over. He got it 24 times I believe it was passed to him three or four of those MAX.

I'm hoping he's worth holding to his bye but skeptical, maybe against lesser opponents in better conditions he can score well off his own back but from what I saw he definitely isn't being used by team mates and Neal Bullen Trac and Viney are all above him in terms of ruck tap targets.

Maybe it was just a one off game, seems unlikely.

I'll be shocked if he isn't at another club next season. Especially given the president's/CEO's press release/interview that he's 100% not going anywhere. Which you have to believe the opposite of ofcourse, because that's what football clubs do, say the opposite. :)

So much anger and frustration in that team, gawn and trac both losing it on the field, they're a rabble.

arbel

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 10, 2024, 06:24:58 AMI got Oliver, watched the game like a hawk, his team mates DO NOT pass him the ball, I watched at least 30 instances where they chose other harder options and turned it over. He got it 24 times I believe it was passed to him three or four of those MAX.

Same here had my eyes on him ... so many times he was leading up for 25-30m pass and teammates just bombed long instead. I think that this score will be his bottom end and I don't think getting him does harm. He'll score what a rookie was getting anyway and has a bigger ceiling to go to. Reckon he'll sit at M9 eventually

Mat0369

He was fine, his efficiency was awful, Carlton are a great clearance team and Gawn was spanked by Pitto

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 10, 2024, 06:08:59 PMHe was fine, his efficiency was awful, Carlton are a great clearance team and Gawn was spanked by Pitto

True Gawn was beat but he still had 45 hit outs and about none went to oliver. Just saying.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 10, 2024, 06:08:59 PMHe was fine, his efficiency was awful, Carlton are a great clearance team and Gawn was spanked by Pitto

I'm still grabbing Petracca just in case, I'm not sold he'll average 110 from here, although having depth in the midfield could be very handy over the bye period. 

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 10, 2024, 06:50:15 PMTrue Gawn was beat but he still had 45 hit outs and about none went to oliver. Just saying.

Gawn's tap work was pretty bad in this game. I can't remember which quarter it was (maybe the 2nd) and he was just tapping it straight to Blues players more often than not. There was one instance he just hit it forward and the only person standing there was a Carlton player, we scored from it coming out of the middle and he did the exact same thing again at the next CB allowing our player to waltz right out again. His hit zones were no good and Pitto had his number

Quote from: Bully on May 10, 2024, 06:51:08 PMI'm still grabbing Petracca just in case, I'm not sold he'll average 110 from here, although having depth in the midfield could be very handy over the bye period.

I'm planning to do the same. Rozee and Oliver at M8/M9 and Trac at M7 feels like a really solid play this year. Missing Serong/Merrett sucks for me, but these three guys all provide value, upside and high ceilings.

Colliwobblers

Agree on Trac and obviously already got Oliver, more of a trade talk, point I'm making about the team mates passing etc. And it was a frustration to watch from a sc point of view.

Gawn was bad he hit a lot straight down neale bullens throat also who was then instantly tackled by Walsh and co. I think as you say Pitonet just put pressure on everything he did and it was ineffective.

Bully

I just did a Ringo and forgot to switch Darcy Wilson to the forward line after reverse trading! I'm a certified idiot!

Bully

I'm having a chuckle at CD piling on the points for an injured McGovern and knocking off points for everyone else, the system seems broken this year, the scaling so inconsistent and ripe for manipulation.

Bully

Just a par week with 2349, made a rookie error with reverse trades but it was only 31 points so not too costly in the wash-up. In the scheme of things I think I really need to prioritise structure over star power so I reckon I'll have to take Zorko over Petracca, at least now I've sealed off F6. This could have been done if I selected Dawson over Green a few weeks ago, the net cost now in the hundreds. Never mind, Green was actually pretty impressive so maybe I will claw those points back down the track.

I'm not totally sold on Zorko given his age but the stats don't lie and there isn't much else available apart from maybe Rankine, that will be a rollercoaster very similar to Bolton I would think. Speaking of which, he'll be dirt cheap in a couple of weeks and might be viable for cheap back-up. As for Petracca, if Oliver spuds it up again I can always make the switch next week, it may also be worth noting Petracca's forward time, if he's in the frame for DPP then he becomes essential.