DO NOT TRADE YOUR ROOKIES YET!!

Started by wipz, April 19, 2010, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wipz

What are your thoughts on this? How many games should we be letting our rookies play before cashing them in? Is there a hard and fast rule that players swear by?

nickyt

there is no rule etc. as to how many rounds you need to wait, the most important thing is to cash them in when they have peaked eg. when they have a break-even of more than their average.

I would only cash in a rookie which has risen to over 200k tho, otherwise it is a bit of a waste of a trade mate.

wipz

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nickyt on April 19, 2010, 01:17:06 PM
there is no rule etc. as to how many rounds you need to wait, the most important thing is to cash them in when they have peaked eg. when they have a break-even of more than their average.
well said nickyt. Always look at your rookies breakeven before trading.

valkorum

Definitely wait till the Break Even (BE) is higher than their average.  Depending on the player this normally occurs somewhere between 6 - 10 rounds.

Master Q

sledgey7

what about unperforming rookies like hitchcock and gumby. they still have low BEs but how it's gonna take ages for there value to go up enough and pods and rockliff are waiting there as perfect downgrades about to skyrocket.

Fletch74

Gumby, I would hold on. He could have a couple of good weeks and make you another 40-50K.

Hitchcock I would trade as he is likely to be dropped, or if he plays, PTA are playing the Saints... Not much value there, more to be gained from Pods or Rocky.

sledgey7

yeah. i'm convinved now hold onto gumby and bur hitch.
BUT PODS OR ROCKY IS DOING MY HEAD IN!!

Carnthedockers

Guys your rookies are not close to their peak value so do not trade them until at least week 8, you are throwing away money if you do... :0)

nickyt

while this point is valid, i think the extra 40k dustin martin might make is not worth the extra 65-70 points per week i will achieve by having gazza for 4 extra weeks.... IMO

nickyt

I mean this totally contradicts what i've said above but i have a massive wad of cash sitting there and dustin martin has a b/e of like 40 and his form has been average compared to other rookies eg. bastinac, barlow. I feel my team will benefit more from GAJ but i guess it is one of those decisions that could go either way...

MissPiesFF

Pros link is a good one to get an understand of where the majority of rookies are ready to cash in. But i believe it depends on many factors.
If you buy a rookie before your first round and he only gets one game in say 4-5 rounds, would it be wise to cash him in at say round 5 instead of round 6-7? for a more dedicated rookie of low price.

You can never really tell what a side may or may not do in terms of DT scores because the coach does not give a rats arse about how well they score in DT. All he cares about if he is doing his delegated job to the best of his ability and improving on it every week.

This may mean one of your Rookie picks may get a game all season and only average say 30 ppr. I like these rookies. Why? They make great benchies because they do not rise enough in price to cash them in but also give you a guaranteed emerg through out the whole season.